chapter 38

︿︿،، ♡ ⏧·₊̣̇. "

Kim Seokjin loved his father. Idolized him even. So much so that no matter what the scumbag of a man did, seokjin defended him with his life.

When his father sold all their life's savings for a large ship, seokjin held a bright approving smile. Only thinking of a smart perchance it was.

When his father would leave at months end to the point seokjin that to not only learn how to take care of himself but also start working to pay bills, seokjin thought his other had him at mind when his father was at sea.

And when his father came home, seokjin welcomed him with a clean house, more money from working all the damn time, and a big meal.

It wasn't until seokjins father died that Seokjin realized how crappy he was. However, despite knowing this, he still idolized the man.

When it came time to bury his father, it was only him, a crewman, and a whole bunch of weeping women, all seokjin could think about was being like his father on the sea. Especially hearing all the stories his father told him.

The funeral was over and the first thing seokjin heard was the only crewmate that showed up telling him his father wanted to give him something.

Seokjin was instantly convinced and followed the one-legged man all the way to the port.

There, Seokjin was gifted the ship his father had from the beginning. It looked new, fresh, and never used.

Stepping on board, seokjin had never experienced the feeling he had when he took his first step on the ship. It was almost like he fell in love with the ship. Sure, there were a couple of holes and creaks, not what seokjin expected since the ship looked so luxurious from the outside, but seokjin didn't mind.

He was rather pleased to find all the treasure and maps around the ship, only filling his fantasy of being like his father.

It didn't take Seokjin long to learn the ways of the ocean. It happened so fast that seokjin was only seventeen when he established his crew and claimed the title of the sea.

He was also twenty-six when he first set eyes on Minji. Seokjin was back from one of the longest trips of his life. No matter how much he loved the sea, he liked being on land. Minji was by the port, looking for basic supplies anyone would want when she bumped into Seokjin.

He was immediately love-struck. Who wouldn't when a pretty girl was around?

Trying to get her attention, Seokjin tried to show her around as if she was new to the place, he was humbled when Minjis sharp tongue cut him off mid-sentence to correct him.

From then, seokjin tried to woo the girl by following her around with gifts and items. It was something his father told him about women, they liked rich men who knew how to take care of themselves. It only took him a month for seokjin to be declared a "friend". As much as he wanted to be more, he took what he could get.

It took a lot of convincing to even get minji close to the seokjins ship, took even more convincing to get minji to stay on for more than five minutes.

From then on, seokjin started taking minji on monthly trips around the world.

Seokjin and minji were more than close. He thought so at least, he hoped minji did. He'll, even his crew members had thought they were at least married for the longest time. Was it so wrong of him to think he was the only one worth Minjis heart? Was it wrong of him to truly think she was his wife?

She sure did act like it. 

Four years later, seokjin is carrying minji around town being chased by palace guards.