chapter 39

︿︿،، ♡ ⏧·₊̣̇. "

"What? Water? Don't be silly minji..." seokjin said, he wanted to deny the fear he was feeling.

"Silly? Do I look like I'm in a silly mood?" Minji scoffed, throwing the cards onto the bed. "Seokjin. Do you think I would joke about this? I'm not even sure what it means...but it shouldn't matter when the people you call family could be in danger."

"Minji. Listen, I don't doubt anything you say but this ship has been running since it's been made. We are fine,"

"Fine? Please. Please don't do this. We need to go back, we can't risk it! Didn't you hear? Two of your thirty crewmates have people at home waiting...don't do this... let's go back," minji was feeling weak.

"Listen. I only have one purpose in life and that's to protect you. I can't risk going back now when they are probably sailing out the biggest and baddest ships in the damn country to take you away again. Please. Let's stay here for two days at least and then we go back... gives up both peace of mind," seokjin gently grabbed her face and placed his forehead on hers.

"...okay..." seokjin smiled at minji.

"Good, let's get you changed, you look rather uncomfortable, you know where everything is..."

Seokjin left the room after patting minji gently on the head, leaving minji alone.

Minji didn't wait long to start opening closets and drawers to find clothes and shoes.

After minji was done changing, she made her way over to the desk in the room. The wall in front of it held all of minjis notes, sketches, and maps they made together. Even though she's been here multiple times, this was the first time actually seeing all her things on the wall. It was a little embarrassing if she was being honest.

Her eyes trailed down to the desktop, where a lot of minjis personal items lay. She smiled as cleaned up the liquor class and capped the alcohol bottle.

She decided she had been in here too long and made her way out. When she stepped out of the room, she was scared by one of the crewmates standing by the door.

"Oh, soobin. Hi..." minji put her hand on her heart, trying to calm it down.

"Hi, miss..." He muttered.

"You know you guys don't have to call me that," minji teased, trying to lighten the mood.

"I know but...captain likes when we do..."

"Hm... what's up?" Minji asked, wondering what the boy was needing.

He gulped and tears started to rise in his eyes.

"I... I meant to listen in... I promise," soobin rapidly blinked the tears away.

"Am I going to die? Please... I don't want to die..." this time soobin wasn't able to stop his tears.

Minji stared for a moment before hugging him. "No. You're not-"

"I don't want to die! My mama is all alone and I was here to support her and the baby! Please I don't want to die!" Soobin said through his sobs as he latched onto minji.

"Soobin! Listen... you aren't going to die... I promise. I would never let that happen to you. You know that..." minji had to blink her tears away before continuing. "You're going to be safe, you're going to be able to go back home and see your sister in the next two days..."

"I hope so...I started knitting so I would be able to make stuff for the baby," soobin says as he wipes his tears.

Minji pulled back with a smile. "Your sibling is going to be the luckiest kid in the world to have you as their big brother,"