Chapter 39

Sorry for any mistakes.

Norman's p.o.v

I watched Savs dad flick through the channels most of the night I sighed nuzzling Savs head a little I hated feeling so useless I just want to take all the pain away figures it isn't that easy. She started to stir a little causing John to look over to us.

"I'm glad she's got someone like you, she's never been this bad."

I looked down to her and kissed her head, "I feel useless."

"Your doing great take it from someone who's done it before."

I let that sink in for a moment I never thought about it before he's been in my position before and from the sounds of it more than once,I tucked some of her hair away a little kissing her head I just wanted her to be happy.

"I know it's hard, you just wanna take all the pain for yourself. I did exactly what your doing when she lost her first and when her mother went through it. Your a good man."

"Thank you."

"Don't be up too late racking your brain on ways to make her happy."

"Yeah you know it." I smiled watching him switch of the Tv and head upstairs,

I wasn't quite sure how long she was going to feel like this or how long I was going to feel like this. Last thing she needed was to know was this was hard for me too. I snuggled into her neck clenching my eyes shut forcing myself to sleep.

"I really think he's the one for her."

"So do I honey."

I squinted a little before blowing Savs hair out of my face seeing John and Grace sitting together in Johns arm chair drinking what smelt like coffee. Sav wiggled a little before turning burying her face into neck.

"I'm sorry." She whispered,

"It hurts I get it." I replied.

"At least we don't have work."

"True."

"Did we sleep here all night?" She croaked.

I rubbed our noses together, "Pretty much ,you had me trapped."

She rolled her eyes, "Of course I did."

"Cmon move you butt."

She groaned a little before sitting up and mooching into the kitchen with me following shortly behind. She rested her back against the counter with folded arms waiting for the kettle to boil but looked straight at me with them sad blues.

"Don't look at me like that."

"Like what?"

"Like your trying to figure out ways to fix me."

"Im trying to figure out ways to make you happy baby that's just who I am."

She buried her face into her hands, "I know."

"Your stuck with me you know that?"

She removed her hands from her face and gave me a little smile before wrapping her little hands around my torso which was the best feeling. Resting my chin on her head we just embraced each other's presence before her little hands crept up my shirt.

"Sav." I moaned,

"Sorry." She mumbled pulling her hands away from me.

"Your such a tease."

She sighed a little, "Im not hungry maybe we should just head home?"

"Sounds good."

We gathered our things and headed back in silence and that's pretty much how we spent the rest of the day and the day after that. It was killing me. She wouldn't talk all she did when she got home was sleep it was unhealthy for her and for us. I was sitting out on the back porch just looking at the view which as dark as it was didn't make it all that visible, I put out my cigarette and headed indoors seeing Savannah sitting on the couch wearing my shirt which she hadn't been doing lately, her eyes slowly met my gaze not looking as sad which was a good thing.