Chapter 13

Hours pasted and the canvas was layered In paint, I decided to spray some white paint over it to made the colours pop, I've never been one to do expression art but this was all to relieve stress and it worked.

"Savannah?"

I whipped my head around and there stood Norman, he scared the life out of me but how in earth did he get in here? He scared me so much it made me mad.

"What the hell!?" I snapped,

"Calm down, the door was opened I've been calling you I even went round to your apartment."

"Jesus Norman your scared me." I sighed looking at my hands covered In paint.

"You alright?" He said he face showing concern.

"I was just pissed with Helena that's all."

"I thought you were okay with it?"

"No, it wasn't her choice to tell me to go Mingus wanted me there."

He sighed, "Why didn't you just say?"

"Don't worry about it I'm just worrying about Mingus." I sighed.

"Well he wants to see you so I came to ask you if you'd come by to see him."

"Is Helena there?"

He shook his head, "Go get cleaned up and we can go."

I sighed and headed for the bathroom to clean up my hands, I took my time I was still pissed but at least I get to see Mingus , when I came out of the bathroom the tension between us was painful ever since I got told by Helena I wasn't aloud to see Mingus at the hospital Normans been off with me.

The journey to the hospital was dead silence and again the tension was rising, he didn't say a word to me and his attitude towards me was blank it was like I was a ghost or something.

Norman didn't really pay much attention to me, didn't hold my hand didn't really talk to me, when we finally got to Mingus Helena was there, apparently she had just shown up.

"I thought I said you weren't welcome?" She said looking me up and down and the to Norman.

"I wanted to see how Mingus was doing sorry for caring about your kid." I sighed going over to Mingus's side and ruffling his hair.

"The food was awesome, thanks Savannah." He smiled hugging my waist.

"No problem kiddo, how you feeling now?"

"Better but still a little sore." He smiled.

"Aw Ming I'm glad your feeling better maybe when your better we can go to the movies." I smiled.

"Awesome!"

Me and Mingus just laughed and joked around whilst Helena had pulled Norman away apparently they were going to get some coffee but I knew she was going to talk about me and being around Mingus.

"Why doesn't my mom like you? Your awesome."

"Well Ming I don't know that she doesn't like me but its that's something you have to ask your mom, I don't know what I've done wrong I mean I love you and your dad so much I'm not the type of person who'd do wrong by you because you and your dad are like my family."

"Dad really loves you and so do I but I don't know why moms always so mean to you."

"Don't you worry about it okay? What ever it is I'll fix it because its not fair on you."

He just nodded and started to bite his nails which made me laugh, I gave him my phone again and I helped him play the games and annoyed him sometimes so he'd loose and before we knew it Norm and Helena were back.

"How you feeling honey?" Helena smiled stroking his hair.

"Much better mom." He said smiling at her and then looking back down at the game.

"Is that your phone?" Helena asked.

"Yeah, thought I'd let him play it keeps him occupied,"

"Give it back to Savannah now honey, her and dad are going now."

I looked at Norman who was texting in his phone, I waited for him to say something but it never came, I took my phone from Mingus and then politely asked if Helena and i could talk in privet.

"What's the problem?" She asked not really caring.

"The problem seems to be me, I don't mean to be impolite but whats your problem with me? I haven't done anything to you and as for Mingus I'd never do wrong by him I understand he's your son but there's no need to keep telling him I can't see him."

"Listen, I don't have anything against you Savannah to me your a wonderful women and Mingus obviously likes you but I don't want him to get to attached to his Dad having you around you see Norman never keeps a relationship for long I don't want him to keep bringing women into Mingus's life and then they leave again so please I know how it looks but I have nothing against you." She smiled reassuring me.

"Thank god, the last thing I wanted was for you to hate me I mean your Mingus's mom and he's a great kid I'd at least want to get along with both his parents." I laughed running my hand through my hair.

"Aw honey I know I didn't mean to come across like that, I'm glad you and Norman are hitting it off though Mingus loves you to pieces." She smiled squeezing my shoulder gently.

I let out a sigh of relief and we headed back to the boys, Normans face was telling me he wanted to know what the hell we went off for he was probably wondering if we'd killed each other.

"Ready to go Reedus? I smiled poking him in his chest,

"Yeah and ouch that hurt." He said a slight smile appearing.

"We'll cya later buddy." I smiled ruffling his hair.

"Love you Ming." Norman said kissing his cheek and Mingus's reaction was hilarious,

"Ew!" Mingus laughed wiping his face,

We headed off down the corridor and got into the elevator and as soon as we did he had hold of my hand.

"You and Helena okay now?" He asked.

"Yeah we're fine."

"What'd she say?"

"That she didn't hate me she just didn't want Mingus to get to used to me just in case we broke up I understand where she's coming from."

"Basically it's my fault?"

"No, it's no ones Norm me and Helena are fine and So is Mingus and hopefully we are to."

"We're always okay, sorry if I have been a little distant."

"It's fine I can never be mad at a face like that, I mean look at it just gorgeous!" I giggled pinching his cheeks,

"Alright you made your point enough with the cheek pinching." He laughed.

"Don't lie you love it."

"No I love you I don't love the cheek pinching." He smirked.

Well hope this was an okay update I know not much is going on, if you want any sneak peaks of any of my stories or to see what the characters look like and outfits etc you can follow my twitter @RainbowzRayRay and I will try to update "My Red Neck Angel" today but now I'm starting college it might be waiting a little longer for chapters but I will try my best guys. :) xxx