Chapter 12

Soon enough Mingus was heading down for his operation, I was left to sit in his cubical whilst Helena and Norman went up with him, when they returned they both had cold faces and I felt like the problem.

"I don't want you hanging around Mingus all he needs is me and his Father okay?" She said harshly typing quickly on her phone.

"Can I at least bring him what I promised?"

"No Norman will bring it back for him."

Norman just laced his fingers with me and we headed out to get Mingus's food which was secretly a taco with his favourite side dish which only Norman knew because only Norman ordered it which was kind of cute.

"Sorry about Helena." He sighed shutting the car door and sliding the food over to me.

"It's okay, I understand she's worried she don't need me around."

"Is it? Mingus won't be happy you broke your promise to bring back his food."

"Well tell him to ask him mom why I'm not here and if she don't I will ." I sighed.

"Last thing I want is for you to be caught in Helena's cross fire."

"I'm a big girl babe I can survive."

He nodded and started the car, he was going to drop me at his apartment so I could gather my things and head back to my apartment I was still pissed at Helena though it wasn't her choice to make.

"Keep me updated okay?" I said kissing Normans cheek.

He nodded and I closed the door and watched him drive off, I feel like I've pissed him off but I know I haven't which is bothering me even more, by the time I finished thinking about all the possible things I could of done I ended up at Normans apartment and using the spare key I entered and quickly gathers my things and changing my shirt back to my own and folding the shirts I'd used on the end of his bed and placed the key with a note.

Norman

Love you and thanks for letting me borrow these and give Mingus a hug from me.

Savannah x

Running my fingers through my hair I stood outside his apartment for a moment deciding to walk or take a cab, I knew I didn't have any more money on me I used it for the salad at the cafe and the pizzas and soft drink so I had to walk.

"Hey Savannah." A voice shouted, female

I turned around to see Amy and her hair bobbing in the bun as she ran towards me, she was quite like me, tattoos but she had two full sleeves and her legs were also inked.

"Damn you making me run." She laughed.

"Sorry." I sighed,

"Where's lover boy?"

"With Mingus at hospital."

"Oh my god why! Are they okay?"

"Mingus's appendixe needed removing and Helena banished me from visiting, which annoyed me as I promised Mingus I'd get him food it's like she wants him to hate me."

"What a bitch, I mean yeah she's worried but damn that's mean."

We started to walk again as the New York side walks are packed and if you don't keep moving you get taken away with the crowd, it took a good half hour to walk to my apartment.

"So does she not like you?" Amy asked drinking some cola.

"I don't know and I don't care I just don't want Mingus to hate me I love that kid I mean I was there with him all night with Norman where was she? I know there was no point because he was asleep but I mean I'm not his mom but I was there."

"Babe seriously just don't let her get to you, your in a relationship with Norman and Mingus comes with it just be civil with her."

"I am but she isn't being civil with me so how's that fair."

"Babe, you either confront Norman or confront her that's the only way this is going to get sorted or you just go against what she asked like the bitch I know you are." She smiled devilishly.

"You are my best friend for a reason." I smiled.

"I better be bitch, now tell me is he good in bed?"

I blushed a little before answering, "Really fucking good."

"Oh my he really hit that spot didn't he?"

"Shush you!"

The rest of the day was spent with Amy, we have a lot in common especially our tattoos and background I met her in Tennessee in high school she got moved there to be with her dad her mom hoped it would make her a better child but she was wrong, Amy did what she wanted not even her father would change that.

She's covered in Tattoos from head to toe and her blonde hair goes down to her bum, she's a model so we don't see each other that often she's always on the move but that's how I got into photography not just the influence of my mom.

"Bitch wake up." I groaned poking her sleeping figured sprawled out on my couch.

I was wearing one of Normans tops that he'd left behind and tight pj shorts with my hair up in a messy bun with my glasses hanging on my face, when she looked at me she frowned she knew it was time to go.

"I don't wanna go!" She moaned sitting up and tying her hair back.

"You have to, you missy have a flight to catch and if your arnt home and packed its my fault."

She mumbled something under her breath before standing up and grabbing her phone, she pulled her skinny jeans on before slipping on her vans and throwing her bag over her shoulder.

"Love you girlie." She yawned.

"Love you too Amy."

We hugged and I walked her to the elevator and said our goodbyes, when I headed back into my apartment I hit me that I was all alone, I hadn't had a call or text from Norman, my mom hadn't called today either.

"So freaking stupid." I mumbled heading for the shower.

I let the water run before getting in, the water engulfing me and caressing my body, the shower is where everyone thinks but I couldn't think today so I just enjoyed the warmth from the water for a little longer.

After that I threw on my denim shorts and a baggy grey v neck and tied it so it was showing my belly and rolled the sleeves up, I was going to let my anger out at the studio instead of moaning. Norman respects Helena's choices for their son and so should I.

Opening the door to my studio everything's silent and untouched just the way I liked it, I stood in the middle of my studio taking in my art and then saw the painting me and Norm did together which slapped a smile across my face.

I set my bag down and got too work straight away, I set up a large canvas and have 5 pots of paint, yellow,blue,purple,red and orange, nice and colourful just how I liked it, before I started I turned on my stereo and picked a Song, Evil Angel I decided it fitted my mood and off I went throwing paint at the Canvas.

Ah sorry for this random chapter... :) Again I haven't spell checked this hope the chapter was okay I know they might be a little boring please tell me what you think and I'm writing a story called "The Only Way He Knows" Pre-Apocalyptic Daryl Dixon. I don't know if to post it I feel like I'm copying the idea from other authors/writers on here but I had such a good idea for this story I wrote it up so tell me if you want a sneak peek at all... Basically the main characters are Daryl,Merle and my character Samantha I decided to have Rachelle Leferve play her she's from Under The Dome and Twilight she played Victoria.