Chapter 57

Paige POV

Ethan and Sara left in the evening. They mentioned they would be back tomorrow. I hugged Sara and simply said goodbye to Ethan.

I spent the entire day by Emma's side. I just couldn't get enough of her. I felt the need to always be by her side.

In the evening Kevin walked inside the NICU. "Paige it's time for us to go home." He said.

"Kevin, I can't leave her" I said lookin down at Emma who was sleeping in my arms.

"Paige, you can't stay. You're discharged. We need to go home." He said.

"Then I'll wait in the waiting room. I want her to know that I'm here" I said.

"Paige." He sighed. "She's going to be fine. Everyone here has my number, as well as yours. You need your rest. Please let's go home and we'll be back here tomorrow morning" he said.

I sighed " ok." I said I looked down at Emma. "I promise to be here tomorrow morning. I love you more than anything" I said kissing Emma on her forehead. I slowly put her back in her crib.

"Come on" Kevin said holding out his hand. I grabbed his hand and walked outside.

We walked outside and we were bombarded with Paparazzi. "Is it true? Did you have Ethan Anderson's baby?" I could hear all around me.

"Let us thru" Kevin said pushing thru the paparazzi, so we could get to the parking lot.

Kevin ushered me to his car. His car had a dent on the right side from the accident. So I decided to just get into the back seat.

We drove home in silence. We arrived and we walked upstairs to his apartment.

We walked inside and I could feel the tension. "Kevin." I said.

He looked up at me. "Let's sit down" he said signaling to the sofa.

I sat on the sofa and he sat on the table in front of me. "Paige." He said grabbing my hand. Then he was looking into my eyes.

"Kevin....." I tried to say.

"Paige don't leave me. Please Paige. I love you. I've always loved you." He said as he kneeled down in front of me.

I immediately started crying. "Kevin get up." I said tugging on his hands.

"Paige I love you." He said.

"Kevin I'm not going anywhere."  I said. "Please get up" I said. I finally got him to sit next to me. I turned towards him. "I love you too" I said. I just didn't love him how he wanted me to. He's done so much for me. I just couldn't leave.

"Paige please tell me your not leaving me for him. Please tell me you don't love him anymore." He said holding my hands.

"Kevin, I love you too. Don't worry about him. I wouldn't cheat on you." I said. I stood up. "I'm going to bed. I want to wake up early and see Emma" I said.

Kevin stood up as well. "Ok" he said. Then he grabbed me and kissed me. "Come on let's go to bed." He said leading me to my room.

I went to my room and couldn't fall asleep. I couldn't stop thinking about Emma. I wanted to be with her so badly. Unfortunately I had other things on my mind as well. I could stop thinking about Ethan or Kevin. Everything was just so complicated.

The following morning Kevin took me to the hospital. We went to the NICU. "I'm going to check on Emma. Then I'm going to start my shift. Ill come back in the evening." Kevin said. He gave me a kiss on the cheek and headed inside. I followed him in. After he examined her, he said Emma was stable.

He left and I stayed behind with my baby girl. I held her and I felt whole. Around midday I saw Ethan thru the glass. Then he came inside. "Can I hold her?" He asked.

"Yes" I said. I stood up as I held Emma. "Sit down" I said. Ethan sat down and I handed him , Emma.

"Beautiful" he said looking down on her. "Just like your mom" he said looking up at me. "please know as I promised yesterday, that I'm not going anywhere." He said.

"Ethan now isn't the time" I said.

"When is then?" He asked me.

I closed my eyes. "Let's go outside." I said.

We placed Emma in her crib and walked outside. "Let's go to the cafeteria" Ethan said. I nodded and we headed down the elevator.

We sat outside and thankfully there wasn't anyone in sight. We sat in the garden.

Ethan held my hand. "Paige, please forgive me. I'm so sorry. Please forgive me Paige" he said.

"Ethan. I forgive you. It wasn't your fault. Its mine" I said.

"Paige of course it wasn't." He said.

"You got shot because of me." I said.

"Paige that bastard shot me. You didn't." He said.

"Whatever the case is. It doesn't matter" I said. "We need to move on" I said.

"Paige. Please come home. I know I don't have the right to ask you that but please come home." He said.

"Ethan. I'm not leaving" I said.

"Fine. Sara and I will move here. We can be a family" he said.

I pulled my hand away. "No Ethan. So many things have changed." I said. "Look" I sighed and closed my eyes. "You're Emma's father. We can work something out so you can spend time with her. But I'm in a relationship. I'm not leaving Kevin" I said.

"Paige I know it's not my place. But I know you don't love him" he said. I immediately stood up and gave my back to him.

"Ethan you can't assume such things." I said.

"I'm not assuming anything. I can tell by the way you look at him. I could tell by how you reacted when he kissed you" he said grabbing my shoulders.

I turned around. "Ethan my personal life isn't your business." I snapped at him.

"I know you still love me" he said getting closer to me. Then he kissed me.

I completely melted under his kiss. Then I instantly reacted and I pushed him away. "Ethan!" I said.

"I've been dying to do that" he said.

"Ethan. Don't you dare do that. We can interact with things that have to do with Emma. But nothing else." I said. I started waking away.

Ethan caught up to me. "Paige I'm sorry. It's just that I love you." He said. I didn't respond. I simply headed to see Emma.