Chapter 40

Paige POV

It was Friday night and Sara and I were in the living room, giving each other a manicure, when the door flung open. "I'm back bitches!" Scarlet said walking in.

"Scarlet!" Sara said running to give her a hug.

I was right behind Sara. "Scarlet" I said hugging her. "What a great surprise" I said.

"I know! I missed you guys so much! And I also remembered you're birthday is coming up" she said.

"I never celebrate my birthday" I said.

"What?! What do you mean you don't celebrate your birthday?" She asked me stunned.

"It's no big deal" I said.

"Of corse it's a big deal" Scarlet said gasping. "Paige of course it is! It's in Monday right? On May 9th?" I nodded. "Then we have all weekend to celebrate!" Scarlet said.

"No, please Scarlet. I really don't want to. Can we please just stay home? I have a lot of studying to do. Finals are almost here and I'm honestly really tired" I said. It was true I felt so exhausted.

"Aw but Paige" Scarlet whined.

"How about we have dinner tomorrow or Sunday" I said.

She sighed "fine" she said as she  crosses her arms. "What were you guys doing?"

"We were giving each other manicures" Sara said showing her hands to Scarlet.

"Oh I want one!" Scarlet said. I laughed and we continued having a girls night.

Saturday I was busy with homework and didn't have time to do anything. Scarlet kept on whining and I promised her we could go out to dinner Sunday.

On Sunday the four of us had brunch together. Then Scarlet grabbed my hand and walked me to the master suite. "Time to get ready!" She said.

"Aww Scarlet, come one" I said.

"Paige I let you off yesterday but today is you Birthday dinner, so please shut up and sit down" Scarlet said.

"Ok" I said. She did my hair and makeup. Then she took out a dress. "Scarlet no! I can't wear that!" I said a little too loud. It was a long burgundy dress that revealed way too much.

"Paige, I'm on my god damn period and I can't put up with anything right now. So shut your cute little mouth and put this on right now young lady" Scarlet said with an attitude.

"Ok" I said grabbing the dress and heading to the closet I tried on the dress. It was beautiful, but it wasn't me. I sighed and walked out.

Scarlet handed me a pair of wedges to go with the dress. I put them on and looked at myself in the mirror. "Wow". I whispered to myself. I looked like a different person. Then I looked at Scarlet. "Why aren't you dressed?" I asked her.

"Oh I will be. Why don't you head downstairs and I'll be right down." She said.

"Ok" I said heading down the stairs. I grabbed onto staircase as I walked down the stairs, hopping I don't fall down the stairs, and Ethan was looking at me as I reached the bottom.

"Wow, you're breaking" Ethan said as he held out his hand for me and helped me reach the bottom of the  stairs.

"I could say the same" I said looking at Ethan in a Tuxedo.

"We should get going" he said.

"Wait what about Sara and Scarlet?" I asked confused.

"We have a date tonight." He held out his arm for me. "Will you please join me?" he asked.

"Ethan what about the paparazzi?" I said hesitating. What was going on?

Something was off.

"I have that covered." He said.

"Ok" I said and I grabbed onto his arm. I thought it was weird but I played along.

A limo was waiting for us outside. It was a bit much. Ethan helped me get in. We drove to the boarding dock that was only 10 min away. Then Ethan helped me get out. "Close you  eyes" he said. I looked at his raising my eyebrow. "Just trust me." He said and I did. I closed my eyes. "Now keep your eyes close" he grabbed my hand. "And follow me" he said.

"Ok" I said suspiciously. "What's going on Ethan?" I asked as he guided me.

"Ok you can open your eyes now." He said.

I opened my eyes and in front of me was a yacht. It was decorated with so many string lights. "What's this?" I asked him confused.

"Were having dinner here" he said holding out his hand. I grabbed it and he led me inside the yacht.

As we walked inside I saw a beautifully decorated scene. There was table set for two. There were flower pedals everywhere, candles everywhere, there was crew on board, some men where playing the violins.

"What is all this?" I whispered looking around.

"This is your birthday dinner" he said leading me to my chair. He helped me sit down and then he sat in front of me. A tear slipped down my face. "What's wrong? Is something wrong?" Ethan asked concerned.

"No everything is wonderful. I'm just so thankful. No one has ever done this for me. I never celebrated my birthday." I whispered.

"Well from now on I always will" Ethan said putting his hand on top of mine in the table smiling at me.

"Thanks Ethan. Everything is perfect" I said smiling back at him. The yacht set sail. The waiters served us dinner and Ethan and I had champagne.

After we finished Ethan held out his hand and said "Dance with me" I held onto his hand and followed his to the deck. We started dancing. I had both my arms around Ethan's neck and we were looking into each other's eyes. "I love you Paige" he said.

"And I love you Ethan" I said.

"Paige you're such a wonderful women. I'm so lucky to have you in my life. You rescued me and Sara. For that I will always be thankful. You have so many amazing qualities. I love everything about you. I really can't imagine my life with out you." He then went down on one knee and took out a small box with a ring in it. My eyes grew wide. Is that what I think it is? "Paige, I love you and I will always take care of you. Will you do me the honor of becoming my wife?" He asked looking up at me.

I looked down at him and was speechless. "Ethan I...." I tried to say.

"Please, say yes Paige" he said as he continued to look up at me.

"Yes" I said without over thinking for once in my life.

He immediately stood up and kissed me. "Yes! Yes! Yes!" He yelled. "I love you Paige! I love you!" He said in between kisses. Then he grabbed my hand and place the ring on my finger. Then Ethan looked at his clock. "It's 12 am Paige. Happy Birthday" he said kissing me once again.