Chapter 47

Paige POV

"What do you mean?" I asked Carlos as he pulled me down the hallway.

"I mean exactly what I'm saying. Your little boyfriend is going to come inside" he said as he pulled me into what seemed to be the basement. "Sit down" he said and he finally releasing me, then he pointed to a chair. I sat down.

As soon as I did, the door opened and two men pulled Ethan inside. It looked like they beat him up. Ethan. It was really him. I never thought I would see him again. Our eyes locked together as soon as we saw each other. They sat us right in front of each other, but we were about 6 feet apart.

"Paige." He said. I wanted to respond but I was afraid of what Carlos might say or do.

"Aww isn't this a sweet reunion" Carlos said standing in the middle of our chairs.We both looked at Carlos. "You know I thought you were a smart man. Turns out you're the dumbest man on the planet" he said.

"Really and why is that?" Ethan said looking up at him.

"Because you walked right into your death bed. Thats unlucky, don't you think?" Carlos asked Ethan.

"It doesn't matter. I would do it again. I would do anything for Paige. Actually I would say that I'm the luckiest man on the planet, because I was lucky enough to have Paige in my life." Ethan said looking into my eyes. I started shedding tears. What was going to become of us?

Ethan's comment angered Carlos "shut up you bastard" he said smacking Ethan in the face. 

"No!" I flinched, I would stand up but I was afraid what the other men in the room would do. They just stood in the background with guns in their hands.

Carlos heard me react and walked over to me. "You lied to me, didn't you? You never intended to forget him" he said walking up to me and smacking me in the face.

"You bastard!" Ethan said immediately standing up. Carlos men instantly sat him down. "Leave her alone. It's me you want." Ethan said.

Carlos turned around walked up to Ethan. "Shit up!" He yelled at him. Then He smacked him in the face a few times. Ethan's face was now covered with blood and he had a black eye. "Ethan after what I'm about to tell you, you probably won't want anything to do with Paige" he said pacing in front of us. A few men were now holding Ethan down.

"Nothing you say will make me stop loving Paige" Ethan said.

Carlos laughed "stubborn aren't we" he said. "Well you see here. I turned Paige here into my own personal bitch." He said walking up to me and he hugged me from behind. He grabbed my chest with both of his hands. I despised him touching me. "You see I turned little miss Paige here into my own personal whore. I would rummage into her day in and day out. When she was with me. She never mentioned you once". Carlos said giving me a kiss on my cheek.

I completely despised Carlos. Everything he was saying was lie. However i was afraid of what he would hurt my baby.

He had leverage on me. All I wanted to do in that moment was protect Ethan and my baby.

Right nowI wanted to hug Ethan, To kiss him, but I couldn't. The little baby inside of me kept me from running into Ethan's arms.

Ethan stood up furious. But the men immediately sat him down. "Look it's me you want right. Let her go and let's settle this like men" Ethan said.

Carlos shook his head and looked at Ethan, "as long as I would love to do that. I'm running out of time. The bomb should go off soon and Paige and I have to get out of here" he said. "However I will do something nice for you. Since you were going to be a father..." Ethan's Expression completed changed at that moment.

He looked at me and said "you're pregnant?" He asked me with his eyes glowing. "I'm going to be a dad?" He whispered.

I looked at him and nodded. "You didn't know?" Carlos asked Ethan, distracting us from out moment. "Well isn't that sweet. I got to tell you the big news. However, that's not going to last. You see..." he said pulling out a gun. My eyes widened. I was so scared. "You see, we have a problem on our hands here. Paige and I had a deal and she broke it, now I have to get rid of that baby" he said pointing the gun at my stomach. "No!" Ethan and I said at the same time. Carlos lowered his gun. Tears were rolling down my face. "You see Ethan, I was going to let her keep that baby and raise the little bastard myself, however now that Paige here broke our deal. I don't have a choice" he said pointing the gun at my stomach once again.

"Carlos you're a man of business. I'm sure there's a way to work this out" Ethan said looking right at him. Carlos lowered the gun.

"See I knew you were at least a little smart" Carlos said looking at Ethan.  "There is a way I can let Paige keep the baby" Carlos said. Ethan and I both looked up at him. Then what Carlos did surprised us all. He gave me the gun. I looked up at him confused. "Confused are we Paige? Well it simple really. I'll let you keep you little bastard, only if you shoot your little boyfriend, and don't get any ideas. Remember there are 5 other armed men in this room" Carlos said.

My eyes widened "no!" I could never do that. "Carlos please" I begged him.

"Hey Paige, this is your choice. You can either shoot Ethan and save your baby, or you can save Ethan and we'll I would have no choice but to send your unborn baby to an early grave." Carlos said looking at me. "The choice is up to you. I'll give you exactly two minutes to think about it" he said pacing around the room.

Ethan and I looked at each other. Ethan nodded. "It's ok Paige. I will always love you. You need to save our baby" he said.

"Ethan I can't do it. I can't." I said looking at him with tears running down my face.

"You have to Paige." Ethan said looking at me. "You have to." He said once again and Carlos interrupted is.

"Well love birds, time is up. What will it be?" Carlos asked.

"Will you shoot him? Or should I get rid of that bastard of yours?" Carlos asked me.

I looked at Ethan and tears flooded down my face. "I love you Paige. I will always love you." He said. More tears ran down my face. "It's ok Paige, please do it. Do it for our baby" he said.

"You heard the man. Do it Paige! Do it know!" Carlos said yelling at me.

I looked at Ethan. I couldn't raise the gun on him. I loved him. I couldn't do it.

Carlos became frustrated and walked up to me. He positioned the gun on my and and pointed it toward Ethan. I shook my head. "I can't" I said. I didn't even realize it, but I was shaking.

"Do it now Paige" Carlos yelled impatiently at me. "Do it Paige!" He yelled at me.

I shook my head. "I can't" I said looking at Ethan, I could never do it.

"Oh for heavens sake." Carlos said, aiming the gun towards Ethan and pulling Th trigger.

"I love you" were Ethan's last words before he fell onto the ground.

"No!" I yelled crying in agony.