Chapter 50

Paige POV

The pain I was going thru was unbearable. I would cry nonstop. I was sitting in a low budget hotel room, thinking about what just happened.

After what seemed to be months of crying I finally got out of bed.

It was time I got things settled. I looked thru my paperwork. The only thing I brought with me where my documents. I looked at the acceptance letters I had. I had gotten into two medical schools in California. I thru them in the trash. I ended up following Kevin's advice and applied to New York. I had the acceptance letter in my hand.

I emailed the acceptance committee and called UCLA. They were aware of my situation and they said I was able to graduate.

My graduation was was two weeks later. I put on my cap and gown and received my diploma.

I felt so sad. I wished Sara was here and in the back of my head I wished Ethan was here too. When the event ended I was headed to the bus stop, as I did someone stepped in front of me. I looked up and saw Kevin. "Kevin? What are you doing here?" I asked astonished. He can a bouquet of roses.

"These are for you." He said smiling at me .

"How did you...?" I was about to say.

"Dr. Regis said you're coming to New York!" He said hugging me. Then he looked around. "I'm so happy! Plus I couldn't miss your graduation could I? Where's the fiancee?"

"He has a new fiancée" I said looking away.

"Paige. I'm sorry. I didn't know. What happened? Why didn't you call me?" He asked me.

"I thought you wanted nothing to do with me" I said looking at the floor.

He lifted my face with his index finger. "Paige. I never said that. I will admit it killed me, when you chose him over me. But that didn't mean I stopped being your friend." He said. Tears ran down my face. "Oh Paige" he said pulling me into a hug.

Kevin and I went to a local cafe. We sat face to face and I told him everything that happened. I was in tears once again "You're pregnant?" He asked me.

"I am." I said looking at him.

"And that bastard thru you out just like that. I'm going to kill him" Kevin said standing up.

"Kevin, he doesn't know. It's not his fault. It's mine. It's my fault he got shot. It's my fault he has amnesia. He called Cali. He proposed to her. I caused him so much trouble. He deserves to be happy. If he's happy with Cali, then so be it." I said trying to hold back more tears.

Kevin put his hands on top of mine "I'm here for you Paige. I'm going to help you thru this" he said smiling at me. I smiled back at him.

Kevin helped me me move to New York. He wouldn't let me rent an apartment. He said I was going to stay with him. I tried to protest but he wouldn't hear of it. I tried to get a job but Kevin wouldn't let me do that either.

I started my first year of medical school and everything was mayhem. However Kevin was there to help me. He went with me to my first ultrasound. I was 3 months pregnant. He would help me study and man was he tough. I simply didn't know how to thank him for everything he's done for me.

"So Dr. Regis wants me to get into administration at the hospital." Kevin said one night as we were eating dinner.

"Is that something you want to do?" I asked him.

"I don't know." He sighed. " I hate administrative work. I love working directly with patients" he said.

"Then it doesn't seem like a difficult decision does it." I said smiling at him.

"You always know what to say" he said smiling at me. "So I know you're only a first year med student but would you like to go to the hospital with me from time to time. First year students don't really go into the hospital yet but personally I learned so much from Dr. Regis. He took under his wing my first year and it helped me so much." He said.

"Really? Oh my lord I would love to!" I said all excited.

The next couple of months, Kevin took me under his wing. I would accompany him to his work shifts whenever I wasn't in school. It was one of the best things I have ever experienced. After what seemed like years, I finally felt a little happy.