Chapter 21

Paige POV

I woke up the next day and thoughts of last night flooded my head. Oh my god! How did that happen? How did I let that happen? I was still laying on Ethan's chest.

I tried to slowly pull away. Then I felt Ethan tighten his grip around me. "Where do you think you're going?" He asked.

"I was going to check on Sara. I said.

"Today Sara officially starts her winter vacation and knowing her she's going to sleep in" he said.

"Well don't you have to work?" I asked.

"I might, but that can wait until. I'm the boss so I can arrive late" he said.

Then we heard a knock on the door and we both froze. I looked up at Ethan. "Sara?" I whispered.

"Mr. Anderson" we heard at the door.

"Oh it's just the www." I whispered.

Ethan gave me a weird look and answered. "Yes Mrs. Nelson." He said.

"I just wanted to inform you that if you don't leave in the next 10 min, you will be late to the office sir." She said.

"I'm aware of that Mrs. Nelson thank you." He said.

"Very well, sir" she said and it sounded like she walked away.

"Oh my, I should go. We don't want anyone to find out" I said sitting upright. Geese I was probably a mess.

"Why wouldn't we want anyone to find out?" he asked.

"Well It's pretty obvious Ethan." I said sitting on the edge of the bed and making a pony tail on my head.

"Please enlighten me" he said.

"Ethan I don't want to do this right now. I don't know whats goin on with you but I can't be a part of it. It would hurt me and I can't..."

"Paige I would never hurt you." He said kneeling in front of me as I sat  on the edge of the bed. He put his hand on my cheek "Paige. What I said last night was true. I want to have a relationship with you." He said.

I stood up. "No Ethan, no" I said walking away.

"Why not Paige? You said you would try" He asked following me. Before I could respond we heard another knock on the door.

"Mr. Anderson it isn't like you to be late sir" Nelson said.

I walked towards the door "Paige..." I opened the door and walked out. Nelson's mouth flung open.

"Good morning Mrs. Nelson" I said and made my way to my room not looking back at Ethan.

In my room I took a long shower. Then after I changed, my door flung open and Sara ran inside. "Good morning Paige" she said and sat on the bed.

"Morning Munchkin. How about some breakfast?" I said.

Sara smiled and nodded her jeans. Then we went downstairs to have breakfast. We spent the day together. After breakfast we watched tv in Sara's room and then we went to the indoor pool to practice her swimming. She was a natural. Then we had lunch together in the garden. I've been avoiding Mrs. Nelson today more than usual. Then around  3pm Sara had a play date with a friend. I accompanied her to her friends house and then the chauffeur took me back to the mansion.

I was in my room watching tv when the door swung open and Mrs. Nelson walked inside. "What on earth are you..."

"Shut it you tramp." She said walking inside the room.

"What did you just call me?" I said stunned.

"Well it's true isn't it? How did you do it tho? How did you get Ethan Anderson to sleep with you?" She said.

"Mrs. Nelson you can't just come in here and insult me."

"I just did, didn't I?" She said as she walked around my room. "I just don't know how you did it. You're nothing but trash. When MR. Anderson realizes his mistake, you'll be long gone. I'm sure after last night he's going to want nothing to do with you. You're nothing. Do you understand? You're nothing." She said.

Tears ran down my face. How can she be so cruel. "That's enough Mrs. Nelson" we heard Ethan said as he walked into the room.

"Mr. Anderson" she said surprised.

"Mrs. Nelson I knew you were stern but I didn't know that you were flat out cruel" Ethan said.

"Mr. Anderson I...." she tried to say.

"You what? You what Mrs. Nelson? You're sorry?" He said walking around the room. "Now I understand why my little sister is a frightened little girl. I'm sure you have something to do with that." He said.

"Mr. Anderson if you just let me explain" she tried to say.

"There is nothing to explain. Mrs.Nelson. It's simple. You're fired" he said.

"What? No sir you can't. I've worked here for 15 years. I've known you since you were a kid  and I worked with your parents..."

"My parents would never tolerate such behavior." Ethan said. "Now you are to leave this house immediately" he said.

"Very well sir" Nelson said and walked out of the room.

The whole scenario was crazy. Ethan walked up to me and cleaned the tears from my face. "Are you ok?" He asked me with a worried face.

"I'm fine" I said trying to put on my brave face.

"You're lying" he said and he pulled me into a hug.

I broke away from the hug. " I have to go pick Sara up." I said.

"I'll go." Ethan said

"Are you sure? I can go" I said.

"No it's fine. Please stay." He said. I nodded and he gave me a kiss on my forehead and walked out of the room.

I walked into the bathroom and washed my face. I looked like a mess. Then I went downstairs and waited for Sara.

After about 10 min Sara came bursting into the door. "Paige is it true?" She asked. "Is the WWW gone?"

"Can you guys please tell me what WWW means." Ethan said as he walked thru the door.

"Should we tell him?" Sara asked me. I nodded and she turned to Ethan. "It means wicked witch of the west. Just like in the wizard of oz." she said.

Ethan laughed. "Well it definitely suits her" he said.

"So is it true Paige? Is she really gone" Sara asked once again.

"She's gone" I said.

"Yay!" Sara said jumping up and down! "We should celebrate!" She said.

Ethan laughed. "How would you like to celebrate?" He asked.

"Ice cream!" Sara said.

"Ice cream sounds great. How about it Paige" he asked me.

"I've cream sounds perfect" I said. Sara grabbed my hand and we went to a nearby ice cream shop. After that we came home and watched tv together. Sara fell asleep and Ethan carried her to her room.

Once we closed the door Ethan said "Paige we need to talk" Oh No! Thats something I really didn't want to do.