Chapter 31

Paige POV 

The following morning Sara arrived and she opened all her Christmas presents. Ethan bought her so many toys.

Scarlet bought me the cutest shoes and I got her some earrings.

I bought Sara and I matching charm bracelets and a teddy bear. "Thanks Paige I love it!" She said hugging me.

Then Sara handed me a small box "what's this sweetheart?" I asked her.

"I got you something." She said.

I opened the box and there were two small pinky rings. "Pinky rings"? I asked her. Then she got down on one knee "what are you doing sweetheart?" I asked her.

"I saw this on TV. I saw a man ask a women to marry her. I wanted to ask you something else. Will you be my big sister?" She asked me.

I immediately started crying. "Sara of course I would love to be your big sister" I said hugging her.

"Do you pinky swear?" She asked me holding up her pinky. I put the small ring on her pinky and then I put the wrong on mine.

"I pinky swear" I said crossing out pinky's.

"Do you remember you taught me how to pinky swear when we first met?" She asked me.

"Of course I do" I said giving her another hug. This girl is so sweet.

"Oh my god you two are adorable" Scarlet said with a tear in her eyes. "Come on we need a family photo" Scarlet said. The four of us took a picture. "Aww we look so cute!" Scarlet said.

The four of spent the entire day together. We watched Christmas movies, played games and then we all had a huge dinner together. Scarlet left around 10 pm and Sara was out cold.

Ethan carried Sara to her room. She had the teddy ear I gave her wrapped around her arms.

Ethan and I went to the master suite. He kissed me as soon as we entered. "Thank you" he said.

"What did I say about saying thank you" I said laughing.

"No I'm serious. Last year Christmas was a nightmare. I bought Sara an entire toy store and she was sad all day. Thank you for helping Sara and me deal with our problems and be a family again." He said giving me another kiss.

"Ethan you don't have to thank me, you know how much I care about this family" I said hugging him.

He hugged me back "I love you" said once again.

I haven't said it back to him. I don't know why but I was scared to tell him. I felt like when I told him, my dream would end.

"Come on let's go to bed. I have a great idea on how I can thank you" he said.

"Oh really and what might that be?" I asked innocently.

"How about I show you?" He said throwing me onto the bed. He spent all night "Thanking me."

The next few days, the three of us spent our days together in London. Exploring new places, sightseeing, we went bowling on one occasion. Ethan kicked our but. The days flew by and New Years Eve was here.

"Scarlet, I'm not going to another party" I said.

"I know silly. We're having a family dinner. I just want to make you look fabulous" she said.

"Scarlet no" I whined.

"Yes Paige. Now let me do your makeup" she said. She took an hour and a half to finish my makeup, then she curled my hair. She took out the black dress I was supposed to wear last time. I put it on "wow you look stunning. Ethan is going to have a hard time keeping this dress on you" she said.

I blushed and hit her on her shoulder. I looked at myself in the mirror. "Wow" I said. The makeup she did was a lot more discreet than last time. "I love it" I said.

"I know" she said and I laughed.

Sara walked in the room "Ethan said if you guys can please head downstairs" she said as she entered. Then she saw me "Paige your beautiful" Sara said.

"Not as beautiful as you" I said. "Come on, let's go have dinner" I said.

Sara and I walked downstairs, Ethan had his back to me and then he turned to look at me. "Isn't Paige..."

"Gorgeous" he said. I immediately flushed.

I waked to his side and he gave me a kiss. Sara giggled. "Ethan" I said embarrassed.

"Sorry I couldn't help myself" he said.

"You guys are going to make me sick" Scarlet said.

We had a wonderful meal and then the four of us headed to the living room with Champagne. We gave Sara grape juice. The countdown began "10..9..8..7..6..5..4..3..2..1" Happy New Year" Scarlet gave me a hug while Ethan gave Sara a hug spinning her around. Then Sara Ran over to me and gave me a huge tight hug. "Love you love sis" I said.

"Love you more sis" Sara said.

Then Ethan walked over to me. "Happy New Year Paige" Ethan said.

"Happy New Year Ethan" I said and he pulled me into a hug and gave me a kiss. I went over to his ear and whispered "I love you too."

That night I spent the night showing Ethan just how much I love him.