Chapter 8

Paige POV

I woke up the following day and felt  horrible. Sara saw me and immediately took it upon herself to take care of me. I told her I was in a car accident because I didn't want to scare her. When I first looked at myself in the mirror I felt like I was a punching bag. When Sara and I were alone I asked about Cali, she said she had left around mid day. I was thankful i didn't have to see her.

I started school today. I did my best to cover up the bruises with make up. It seemed to work ok. I remembered how I had to cover up my bruises during my childhood. It sent a small shiver down my spine, I brushed the thought off.

The chauffeur took Sara to school and then dropped me off. The day went by without a problem. When school ended the Chauffeur picked me up and took me to Sara's school. I looked around once again while I waited for Sara to come out. This sight always made me shiver. The nanny's waiting outside the expensive cars, all well dressed, waiting for the children to come out. I on the other hand, had normal clothes on and looked nothing like them. it seemed like looking like a Barbie doll was a requirement to become a nanny.

The kids finally came out and Sara ran into my arms and we got in the car. She asked how I was a feeling and I lied and said I was feeling much better. I felt like absolute crap. I had no insurance so I couldn't buy the medication the doctor prescribed.

Sara and I got home and we worked on her homework. Thankfully Sara took a nap and I had some time to think for myself. What's happened the last couple of weeks is just crazy. And the events that have happened this past couple of days are crazier.

I got a text from lily asking how I was and I told her everything was fine and that I would be home in a couple of days.

I went into the guest room, Mrs. Nelson set it up for me. She probably didn't like the fact that I was there. She always looked at me from the corner of her eyes. No wonder Sara thought of her as a witch.

I decided to take a hot bath. My body was killing me.

After my bath I changed into some comfy clothes. I grabbed some ibuprofen. Hopefully it could help with the pain.

I went to go check on Sara. She was still asleep. I decided to go into the kitchen and grab some ice packs. Maybe that will help. I went into the back yard and sat down next to the pool. No one was usually here at this hour. I put the ice packs on my shoulder and on my chest. That's where it hurt the most. I closed my eyes for a second and contemplating everything that was going on in my life.

Even tho I was trying to deny everything. I knew I had a crush on my boss. He was my first kiss. We held hands. I felt like we had special moments when we would chat. I was in a bubble. However his girlfriend did a great job of popping that bubble. I had to forget about him. He has made it clear on several occasions that I was just his sisters nanny. I sighed and then heard foot steps behind me.

I turned around and saw Ethan walk up to me. I thru the ice packs to the side. He looked concerned. "Paige. Oh dear. Those bruises. How are you feeling?" He asked as he sat next to me and touched my face. I realized that I forgot to add makeup after my shower.

I turned the other way. "I'm fine Mr. Anderson" I said looking at the pool.

"Paige please call me Ethan" he sighed. "Look I know we never got to talk. I'm sorry if Cali said anything"

I turned to him. "Mr. Anderson. Don't worry about it. Everything is fine. I just realized that I am simply Sara's nanny. I know my place. I'm sorry if I caused any trouble." I said standing up.