Chapter 19

Paige POV

I spent the entire night over analyzing everything like I always did. I got up early Monday morning and got Sara to school. I had all this time to myself I didn't know what to do. I was sitting at home when I got a call from Ethan. "Hey Paige can you do me a huge favor. I left a file on my desk and I need it at my office. Could you please bring it to me?" he asked.

"Of course I'll grab it and be on my way" I said.

I arrived shorty after to Ethan's office building. I've never been here before. This place was huge. I walked up to the front desk and told the girl at the desk I had a file for Mr.Anderson. The receptionist looked at me from head to toe. "You're the nanny?" She said.

She didn't even let me answer. She pointed to where I was supposed to head to. I got in the elevator and I heard two women chatting. "Did you hear Mr.Anderson broke up with his girlfriend?" One women said.

"Yes finally. I'm definitely going to put my moves on him." The other said.

"Girl once I'm done with him, he won't look at another women" the other one said.

They both stared laughing. Then they got off the elevator. I took a look at them. They where both well dressed, skinny brunettes. I sighed. Those are the type of women Ethan is supposed to be with.

I finally reached the top floor. I walked up to the secretary and she rolled her eyes at me "you're the nanny?" She said. Just like the receptionist she didn't let me answer. "Whatever Mr. Anderson is waiting for you. Go ahead" she said pointing to some double doors. I looked down at what i was wearing. It was just simple jeans and a T-shirt. I guess I was underdressed.

I walked up and knocked. "Come in" I heard and I walked in. He office was huge. It had a clear view of the city.

"Paige?" I heard him say and I turned to look at him.

"Sorry. I go lost in the city view. This is amazing" I said.

"I have an even better view." He said looking at me. What? Then out of no where he grabbed me and kissed me. I wanted to pull away but man he was a good kisser. Then I finally pulled away.

"Ethan this isn't a good idea." I said.

"What? Kissing in my office? We can go to the roof if you want?" He chuckled. I thought he was serious for a moment.

"I'm talking about everything. We can't do anything. Whatever this is..." I said signaling both of us. "Needs to stop." I said.

"Why?" He asked.

"What do you mean why?" I asked. "Isn't it obvious?" I asked once again.

"No not really. I want to start something with you." He said.

"I'm sorry what?" I asked.

"Paige what's so hard to believe" he asked.

"Everything Ethan. It's pretty obvious. You and I are worlds apart. Just by waking in today I was proven that point many times" I said.

"We are both human, aren't we?" He asked. Who knew Ethan had a funny side. "What happened? What made you feel that way?" He finally asked.

I sighed, "it doesn't matter and you know what I mean Ethan. We need to stay professional. This isn't right. You're my boss" I said. "And quite frankly I have no idea what you want from me. I don't have anything I can offer you. So I don't understand why you keep on kissing me" I whispered as I looked down.