Chapter 4

Paige POV

The next few days Sara and I really got to know each other. It felt like we've known each other our whole lives. I guess we both needed a sister in our lives, I'm so lucky to have Sara by my side.

We were in Sara's Room hiding from the wicked witch of the west. That's the name we gave Mrs. Nelson and when other people where around we would say www. We decided to watch a movie and we were both on her bed.

We heard a knock on the door and both looked up. It was Mr. Anderson. "Sorry to interrupt the movie. Miss Evans, could I please have a word with you in my study?" He asked me.

"Of course." I quickly got up from. "I'll be back Sara." I said.

"Ok hurry back." I smiled at her and followed Mr. Anderson into his study. I felt like I was in the principals office. Did I do something wrong? I sat in the seat in front of Mr. Anderson.

"Miss Evans I would like to just say you've been doing such a great job with Sara. I haven't seen her this happy in a while. Thank you" he said looking at me. I felt the urge to look away. I didn't interact to much with him, every time I was around him I felt nervous.

"It's not a problem Mr. Anderson. Sara is the sweetest girl I've ever met. I'm the lucky one here" I said Sincerely.

"Well I just wanted to bring up a few points if that's ok" he said. I simply nodded.

"I know you start school next week and I was wondering how we could work around that." He said.

"Well I've actually have been thinking about it. Most of my classes are in the morning when Sara is at school, I only have two evening classes on Tuesdays and Thursdays. I could come in after school and pick Sara up, and with your permission, I would like to ask if I can leave to school during that time. I can come back as soon as my class ends" I said.

"Of course, it's no problem at all. Well that was easy." He said. "I just wanted to ask you one thing" he said.

"What may that be?" I asked.

"How did you do it?" He asked.

"How did I do what exactly?" I asked.

"How did you get Sara to rely on you. To talk to you, to act the way she used to be before" he looked away for a second and I cut in.

"It not difficult, sir. All you need to do is spend time with her. I know you're a very busy man, but it seems like Sara..." I stoped talking.

"What?" He asked.

"Never mind." I shook my head. "I really shouldn't but into your business" I said.

"No please Miss Evans please be sincere with me. I have people sucking up to me all day. Please. Please continue" he said.

"Well it just seems like Sara always comes second in your life" I said.

"No that's preposterous. I don't do that. Sara always comes first!" He exclaimed.

"With all due respect sir, Sara doesn't see it that way. She's never said those words but I can tell how she gets sad when talking about how things used to be. You two could go to the amusement park o go play mini golf" I said. "I don't mean to offend you in anyway sir, but Sara really misses her older brother. Treat her like she comes first in your life." I said. I literally can not believe I just said that. I was probably going to be fired.

Mr. Anderson looked away and sighed, "you're right, I haven't been there for Sara. I just don't know how to be around her. She won't talk to me. We used to be so close then, my parents died and I don't know, I just turned into her guardian and not just her brother and I had all these responsibilities and I just" I did some I would never dream about in my life. I put my hand over his. He stopped talking and looked at me I blushed and came back to my senses but I didn't move my hands .

"Look Mr. Anderson. I understand how hard it is too loose someone you love, but you have to understand it wasn't just you who lost them. Sara lost them too. You have to stop trying to be the big man and be the brother you used to be." I smiled at him and he smiled back. I forgot I had my hand over his and quickly removed it. I saw him laugh when I did. Or Maybe I just imagined it.

"You're right Paige... oh um sorry Miss" he said but cut in.

"Paige is fine. I find it weird when people call me Miss Evans." I said and we both laughed.

"Paige it is then, but if I call you Paige you have to call me Ethan." He said.

"Oh no, I could never" I said as I shook my head.

"Then I can't call you Paige I guess." He said.

"Um ok. Fine. I'll call you Ethan, only if there aren't other people around. I don't want people thinking I'm rude to call my boss by his name" I said.

"You shouldn't care what other people thing" he said.

"Easier said then done." Then out of nowhere I got an idea. I must of made an expression or something because he immediately asked me.

"Is everything ok" he asked.

"Yes I just got an idea. Why don't you come to the amusement park with Sara and I. We wanted to ask you if it was ok if we went on Saturday. She would be thrilled to have you there." I said.

"Oh of course you two can go.  However, I don't know if I should go. I haven't been to a theme park in a while and what if Sara doesn't want me there?" He asked.

"Of course she does. It's a perfect way for you to bond." I said.

"Ok. I'll check my schedule and get back to you." He said. I nodded and stood up.

I walked towards the door and Ethan stopped me before I headed out. "Paige" he said. I turned around and looked at him.

"Yes?" I asked him looking back at him.

"Thanks for listening to me" he said smiling at me yet again. His smile sent shivers down my spine.

I smiled at him. "Anytime boss" i smiled and walked away.