Chapter 18

Paige POV

On Sunday morning the three of us walked around Central Park that was right across the street. We left on and afternoon flight.

I woke up Monday morning and woke Sara up to get ready for school. I had a lot of papers and finals to turn in. I was going to have a busy two weeks.

During this time I felt like Ethan and I grew very distant. He was cold towards me. I had no idea why.

Time flew by. Christmas was right around the corner and Sara and I decorated the house.

I was so stressed but I made it thru finals. Sara still had a few days of school left so I would focus on her.

During this time. Kevin would text me non stop. It was nice having someone to talk to. He sent me message saying he would be here for a seminar on Saturday but he was free on Sunday and would love to spend the day with me.

I asked Ethan if it was ok to go out Sunday. He said I didn't work on the weekends so I simply walked out of his office.

Sunday morning came around and I was getting ready. Sara was there with me. "Are you going to see your friend again?" She asked.

"I am. He flew in from New York and were going to spend the day together" I said. "I might be home late, so try to fall asleep please" I said.

Sara was now so used to sleeping with me that she had trouble sleeping when I wasn't there. I knew that wasnt right. I need to talk to her about that.

Kevin texted me and said he was outside. I walked out to the gate and got into his car.

He had the whole day planned out. We went to this fancy restaurant for breakfast and then we did some sight seeing. We went over to Venice beach around lunch time and had lunch there and then we walked around the beach for a bit. Venice beach was really nice. Finally he took me to a nice restaurant for dinner.

"My god Kevin. You just made me gain 10 pounds. Trust me I don't need the extra pounds I already have a bunch to spare." I said.

"Always insecure about your weight. I told you. You're beautiful just the way you are" he said putting his hand over mine. My lord this man was so sweet.

The waitress brought over our food and interrupted or moment. The place he took me to was amazing. It was on top of a mountain and I had a view of the LA sign and view of the city.

After we had dinner he drove me home. He parked at the house gate. "Thanks for such a great day Paige." He said.

"Kevin! I was just about to say that" I said smiling at him.

"Next time you come, I pay. You can't go around paying stuff for me." I said.

"You let your boss do it" he said. I would get offended but Kevin has no filter. When I got to the orphanage he made it his duty to take care of me. He was the bad kid, everyone was afraid of him. I don't know what he saw in me but he was always there when I needed him. I could never get mad at him for anything he said. I got used to the way he was so really quick.

"Kevin I do not. How could you say that about me" I said.

"I'm sorry Paige. Forgive me?" He asked.

"Always." I said. "Well I should get going Kevin. I hope you have a safe flight back" I said turning to give him a kiss on the cheek. Kevin however moved and he ended up giving me a kiss on my lips. Then he backed away. "Kev I..." I tried to say.