Chapter 10

Paige POV

I woke up the next day with Sara by my side still sleeping. It was Sunday morning. Thoughts of last night flooded me. Did I imagine everything? Was Ethan going to kiss me. I shook the thought away. I got up and headed downstairs. The staff didn't work on Sundays. So I decided to make breakfast.

I made some pancakes with eggs and bacon. I was about to finish when I heard someone enter the kitchen. "Good morning Paige." I stoped what I was doing.

"Good morning Ethan" I said. Flipping the pancake over. Not looking back.

"You don't have to do that you know. I usually order something and have it delivered here." He said.

"Home cooked meals always taste better" I said.

Just then Sara walked in. "Morning Paige." She ran over to me and hugged me from behind.

"Morning sweetheart" I said putting my hands over hers.

"Don't I get a hug?" Ethan asked Sara.

"You want a hug?" She asked.

"Of course I do" he said opening his arms up. Sara walked up to him and hugged him. Ethan hugged her back. It was such a sweet moment. I discreetly pulled my phone out and took a quick picture and put my phone away.

Sara sat on the counter. "You made me pancakes?" She asked.

"I did, you said you loved it when your mom did pancakes on Sunday mornings and I thought you would like them. I made your favorite" I said.

She immediately smiled. "Chocolate chip?" She asked.

"Yup chocolate chip" I said.

"Yay!" She said. By that time I had finished making breakfast and I served Sara her food. "Thanks Paige" she said digging in.

"Would you like the same thing?" I asked turning to Ethan.

"Sure. Thank you" he said. I handed him his plate and he dug in. I served myself some food and sat in front of Sara and Ethan. "Paige this is spectacular." He said.

"Thanks" I smiled at him and pretended to be busy with my food.

"Paige can we go to the park today" Sara asked me.

"Sara, today is Paiges day off we shouldn't make her..."

"It's fine. I'd love to go to the park. If that's ok with you?" I asked Ethan.

"Are you sure, I don't want you to think just because you live here that you have to work on the weekends" he said.

"I like hanging out with Sara. It's no problem" I said.

He smiled at me and didn't take his eyes off me. Was I imagining all this stuff ?

"Do you want to come with us?" Sara asked Ethan in a small voice.

"I have work to do..." he looked at Sara "but you know what. I can make time. How about we clean up, get dressed and we head out." He said.

"Really?" She asked him.

"Really." He smiled at her.

I noticed we were done and I grabbed our plates and put them in the dishwasher. "Let's go get ready." He said. Sara nodded and grabbed my hand to follow her upstairs.

She was so excited her brother was going to spend time with us again. We got ready and met Ethan downstairs.

"So what park would you like to go to?" He asked Sara.