Chapter 27

Paige POV

I woke up the next morning. Ethan was lying his head on my chest and was still asleep. Everything was sore.

I couldn't believe what happened. I have no idea what came over me, but it was perfect.

Today was December 23, Christmas Eve was tomorrow. The dreaded Christmas Eve Party was tomorrow. I didn't want to go to the party. I didn't belong there. I sighed.

Ethan stirred on top of me. "Why are you up so early?" I heard him mumble.

"Sorry, did I wake you?" I asked him.

"No It's time to get up" he said lifting his head from my chest and smiling at me "Good morning Paige" he said and gave me a kiss.

"Good morning Ethan." I said smiling back.

"Let's have some breakfast" he said.

"Sounds like a great idea" I said. I grabbed the sheet and wrapped it around myself and headed to the closet to grab my clothes. I went into the bathroom and quickly changed.

We headed downstairs and had breakfast. As we were finishing Sara and Scarlet walked inside and Scarlet immediately left saying she had things to get done before tomorrow night.

Ethan, Sara and I headed into town and had lunch in a lovely cafe. We found a small park and we all had a small photo session.

Then Ethan took us ice skating. I fell on my booty at least 20 times. Even tho I fell so much we all had fun.

We arrived home and Sara looked a little sad. "Hey whats wrong Sara" I asked her. We were both in the living room and Ethan took a call in his study.

"Nothing." She said looking down at the floor.

"Sara, you know you can tell me anything. I'm here for you." I said.

Ethan walked in the room. "You two ready for bed?" He asked.

"We are actually. Come on Sara let's have a girls night" I said.

"Really?" She asked.

"Yup" I said holding out my hand. She grabbed my hand and we started heading upstairs.

"Hey what about me?" Ethan asked.

"Sorry, no boy allowed on girls night" I said.

"Yup sorry Ethan" Sara laughed. We walked to Sara's room.

"Why don't you head in. I'm going to change into my pjs and I'll be right back" I said.

"Ok." Sara said walking into her room.

Ethan followed me to the master suite. "What's all that about?" He asked as soon as we entered the room.

I headed towards the closet "I saw Sara was a little down. I want to know what's bothering her" I said.

He walked up to me and hugged me from behind. "Thank you" he said.

I turned around. "You don't have to thank me. You know how I feel about Sara" I said.

Then he kissed me. "That's why I can't get enough of you" he said kissing me again.

I pulled away "ok I have to go change. Sara is waiting for me" I said walking towards the bathroom.

"Why don't you change in here? After last night you shouldn't be shy around me" he said winking at me.

"Ethan I could never" I said. I was still self conscious about my body.

"Your beautiful you know that." He said kissing me. I pulled away again. "Ok fine, fine go change". He said.

I walked into the bathroom, brushed my teeth, changed and then walked out. Ethan was already in his sweatpants. "I'm going to miss you tonight" he said standing up from the bed and kissing me.

"Ethan I have to go" I said laughing and he hugged me.

"Fine one for the road" he said giving me another kiss.

I pulled away and said "goodnight Ethan" I heard him say goodnight as I walked out.

I walked to Sara's room and she was in her jammies. Sara and I painted each other's nails and watched movies together.

I was finally able to talk to her. She missed her parents. She felt bad celebrating Christmas even tho they weren't here. I talked to her about it and made her understand that her parents where here in spirit and they would always look after her. She asked how I felt about my parents. I told her I missed them everyday and I knew they where there whenever I needed them. At least that's what I hoped for.

I was finally able to get Sara to fall asleep by my side.

Thinking about tomorrow's party gave me the chills. What was I going to do?