Chapter 35

Paige POV

Today was Ethan's pool party. It was being thrown at his mansion. Everything was ready, the catering, the music and the guests.

I had a knots in my stomach. I hated these type of events. Scarlet came prepared as she always did. We were at it, back and fourth, over me wearing a bikini. I was not under any circumstance going to wear one. After a long argument she gave in and then took out a sun dress.

"Paige you're wearing this" she said.

"But it's still cold out" I said.

"Paige we are in LA, you'll be fine" she laughed. I sighed and gave in. I tried on the yellow sundress. It was actually pretty cute. I wore some white flip flops and Scarlet did my make up. "I know, natural" she said as I complained.

She did a good job as always. Sara was wearing a cute little bathing suit as she walked into the room. "The guests are here" she said.

Fortunately, I called Sara's friend's mom this morning. I asked her if her daughter could come to the party with Sara and she agreed.

"So is Nelly here?" I asked her.

"Nelly coming?" She sounded exciting.

"I called her mom and she was going to bring her over." I looked at the clock. "She should actually be here. You want to go look for her?" I asked.

"Yes!" Sara said hugging me and then jumping up and down.

"Let's go" I said. The three of us headed downstairs. The place was packed. So this was a rich people pool party, I thought.

It wasn't hard finding Nelly. Sara and Nelly immediately went off to play.

Scarlet and I went to the pool area. I felt so uncomfortable as always. There was so many people here. They were dancing, drinking wine, tanning, swimming. There was so many things going on. 

I saw Ethan and Neil by the pool surrounded by women in their bikinis.  Scarlet was immediately asked out to dance with some guy. I told her to go ahead.

I walked around and found Sara. She was at the playground with her friend. She seemed to be ok. I was walking over to the party and I saw Ethan halfway there. "I was looking all over for you" he said. Giving me a kiss.

I pushed him away. "Ethan what if people see. No one really knows about us" I said.

"Then let them see. I can finally show everyone my beautiful girlfriend" he said and I blushed. "By the way that dress looks gorgeous on you" he said. "Come on" he said waking back to the party.

He introduced me to so many people. Most of them seemed nice. Then Sara came up to me and asked me for some juice. "I'll be back" I told Ethan and he nodded.

I walked inside the house and walked to the kitchen pantry.

I grabbed the juice then I heard someone say "can I throw a party or what?" I turned around and saw Neil.

"Yes you can" I said heading out but Neil stoped me.

"You know it's not going to last right." He said walking closer to me as I walked back. Then he had me cornered against the pantry. "Ethan is probably sick of you. He just doesn't know how to get rid of you" he said. Then I felt him grab my arms. "You know when Ethan and I were kids we used to Share. Why don't you and I have a go at it?" he said talking close to my face.

"Let go of me!" I said then I hit him where the sun don't shine and he released me. I tried to make a run for it towards the door. Unfortunately he caught up to me and grabbed me. "Let go" I yelled.

Then he slapped me hard and I fell on the floor. He was standing over me and Ethan walked in. "Paige what the hell happened?" He asked as he rushed to help me up.

"She fell from the stairs cuz. She was reaching for the juice and it fell on her face and she fell to the ground. I just got here and I was about to help her up" Neil said.

"Are you ok Paige" Ethan asked concerned.

"Yeah just fine. Let's go back to the party" I said.

"You sure?" Ethan asked.

"I'm sure" I said and we headed back. I looked for Sara and gave her and her friend some juice. Then I was heading back when Neil grabbed my arm.

"If you say anything I'll make sure you don't see the light of day again." Neil said.

"Let go or I'll scream" I said.

He released my arm. "It doesn't matter anyway. Ethan would never believe you." Neil said and he walked away.

I went back to the party and pretended to be ok. I didn't want to ruin Ethans party. I'll just pretend nothing happened.