Chapter 36

Paige POV

On Sunday Ethan and Neil went out. I felt such a relief. I had nightmares about the event that happened the day before.

I wanted to tell Ethan, however I was worried he wouldn't believe me. I was sure he would believe his cousin.

Sara, Scarlet and I spent the day shopping. We went to the mall and it was mayhem, but even tho it was hectic the three of us had fun.

We got home around 8 pm. Ethan wasn't home yet. Scarlet was telling me about Ethan's surprise party. Apparently his birthday was always celebrated with a huge party every year. His executives always planned it and all we had to do was show up.

I still had no idea what to get Ethan. The man had everything.

I heard the door open and Ethan walked inside. Thankfully Neil wasn't with him.

"Where's Neil" Scarlet asked.

"He has a business emergency. He had to leave town right now. I just dropped him off at the airport. He should be back by Friday" he said.

Saturday was Ethan's birthday, but his surprise party was on Friday. At least I didn't have to see Neil.

The week went by in a blur. I went to school, as did Sara. Scarlet worked from home while we were gone and we would hang out in the evenings.

The plan for Ethan's party was to tell him that they were having a corporate event for a charity foundation. Everyone was supposed to be there at 7 pm.

Scarlet helped me get ready. She came prepared with a long blue dress. She bought the dress the day we all went shopping but I guess she actually got it for me. She gave me some high heels to go along with it.

After that I helped Sara get ready and we were on our way to the venue. We walked inside and there was a lot of paparazzi there. I guess someone tipped them off.

We walked inside and we were directed to our table. We sat next to professor Adams. I presume her husband John is sitting here as well. Then Neil showed up. He greeted everyone and took his seat at our table.

I have no idea how I was even including in this whole thing. Scarlet probably had something to do with it.

Ethan was supposed to arrive any second now. His business partner John was with him. He was letting everyone know when they were going to be here. Then someone got a message that they were here. Everyone grew quiet and they were looking at the entrance.

When Ethan walked in, everyone yelled "surprise!" Ethan definitely looked surprised. Then everyone started clapping.

He shook hands with everyone he walked by as he made his way to the stage.

Then he gave a speech thanking everyone for his birthday surprise.

He finished his speech and everyone applauded him. John led him to our table.

"You guys knew about this and didn't tell me" he said.

"Well it was a surprise" Scarlet said laughing. Then she gave him a hug. "Happy Birthday cuz. Even tho you Birthday isn't until tomorrow." She said.

Everyone at our table wished Ethan a Happy Birthday. When it was my turn I simply wished him a Happy Birthday and have him a very quick hug. Sara was the last one to say Happy Birthday at our table. She gave him a tight hug and said she loved him.

While we were sitting people kept coming up to the table and wished Ethan a Happy Birthday.

Then they served our dinner and then people where mingling around the venue. The venue was beautiful and huge, I could see why they had events like this here.

Ethan was busy all night talking to everyone who wished him a happy birthday. I would talk with Whitney, John, Scarlet and Sara. I could tell Sara was bored, she was on her phone the whole time. Thankfully Neil left to try and dance with some girls.

Then all of a sudden Ethan walked up to me and held out his hand. "Would you please do me the honor of dancing with me" he said.

"Ethan, but everyone you know is here. You don't want people talking about you." I whispered.

"I don't care what anyone thinks of me. All I want to do is dance right now, with you." He said.

"Ok then" I said taking his hand as I stood up. I could feel people staring at me as we reached the dance floor. There was so many couples dancing. I remembered what to do from Ethan's dance lessons. I just hoped to god that I didn't trip and fall tonight. "Ethan everyone is staring" I said. I could see from the corner of my eyes.

"Let them see. I don't care" he said. Ethan spun me and we continued dancing.

As we were dancing we heard an announcement. "Ladies and gentlemen can we have your attention please. It's time to sing Happy Birthday to the man of the hour" John said. He pointed to the far corner and everyone looked. They brought in a huge cake. It was taller than Ethan.

Everyone sang happy birthday and Ethan blew out the candles. After that everyone got cake and people started leaving.

Tonight was a success and I was happy for Ethan.

We arrived home around 1 am. Sara was out cold. We took her to her room and then we went to ours.

I took out a small bag and gave it to Ethan. "What's this?" He asked.

"Open it" I said. He opened it and inside was a digital photo frame and a digital camera. "I know it's not an extravagant gift. I just thought you could add pictures of fun times you've had with Sara. I added a few already. I also asked Scarlet to help me find pictures of you two when you guys were younger." I said.

He immediately came up to me and kissed me. "Paige I love it" he said.

"I know it's not what you're used to getting..." I tried to say.

He grabbed my face "Paige I love it" he said and he kissed me once again.

"Happy Birthday Ethan" I said going on my tippy toes and kissing him.

He picked me up and put me on the bed. "Best Birthday ever" he said and we spent the entire night celebrating his birthday.