Chapter 48

Paige POV

I was in complete shock. I saw Ethan on the floor, there was blood w everywhere. I immediately ran to him and kneeled down. 

Carlos ran to my side. "We need to go Paige" he said pulling me by my arm.

"Let go of me." I said releasing my arm from his grip.

"Paige get up now!" Carlos said pointing the gun at me. "I'll kill you and your bastard" he said pointing the gun at my stomach.

"Carlos you just shot the love of my life. If you shoot me, all three of us will be in heaven together. I'm not afraid. Do what you need to do" I said. I looked away from Carlos and applied pressure on Ethan's wound.

"You would really die for this son of a bitch?" Carlos asked me as he looked down at me.

"I would do anything for the man I love" I said not looking up at him. I used part of Ethan's shirt to apply pressure of the wound. He wasn't responding which instantly had me worried.

"Boss we need to go" one of Carlos men said.

"Paige you need to come with me" Carlos said.

"I'm not afraid of anything anymore. Do what you need to do but I am not leaving Ethan's side." I said not even bothering to look at Carlos.

"No! I'm taking you with me"! Carlos said grabbing onto my arm. I pulled it away once again.

"I'm not going with you" I protested.

"Boss we really have to go now. The cops have..." before we could finish the sentence the basement door opened and the room was flooded with a SWAT team.

"Everyone put your hands up." The officers said pointing their guns at everybody in the room.

"I need a medic!" I yelled applying pressure to Ethan's wound. He wasn't responding. I immediately started CPR. Tears ran down my face. No this couldn't be the end. It couldn't.

The paramedics were quick to respond. I told them I started CPR and they immediately sprung into action. They used a defibrillator and Ethan immediately responded. He had a pulse and was breathing again. I sighed in relief. We arrived quickly to the hospital. The ER doctor immediately helped Ethan.

I sat down in the waiting room. I looked around and saw very few people. I looked down and realized I was covered in blood. I didn't care tho.

While I was waiting a detective showed up. He took my testimony and said Carlos was going to be locked up for a very long time.

After about an two hours a doctor walked up to me. He told me Ethan had cerebral edema and the bullet wound thankfully didn't puncture any organs. Thankfully he didn't require surgery to get the bullet removed. The only down side was he was still unconscious. The doctor told me he had to be under strict supervision. I thanked the doctor for his briefing and he walked away.

They moved Ethan to a private room. I sat by his side and held his hand. "Ethan you need to wake up. Sara needs you. Our baby need you. I need you" I whispered with tears falling down my face.

A week had gone by and Ethan still hasn't woken up. Sara came by with Scarlet on the first day he was hospitalized. We immediately hugged each other and both started crying. Scarlet saw us and was crying in the background.

They have come every single day to see Ethan. I haven't left his side. The room had a shower and I took a quick shower whenever I could.

The hospital entrance was swarming with paparazzi, well that's what Scarlet told me anyway. I haven't stepped foot outside the hospital.