Chapter 46

Ethan POV

I was desperate. I was so desperate to find Paige. I was so close but that son of a bitch moved quickly.

It seems like Paige was able to get her hands on a phone and she called 911, but unfortunately we didn't get there in time. At this point, I was so close to pulling my hair out.

Sara was asleep on my lap. She had nightmares everyday, as did I. Scarlet said I needed to calm down, but I couldn't. I simply couldn't.

I had all of LA looking for Paige. I didn't know what to do at this point. I was going crazy thinking about what Paige was going thru.

That Carlos guy definitely knew how to cover his tracks. I needed to find Paige. I had no other option.

The following morning I heard someone knocking at my door. "Come in" I said and Scarlet came running in.

"Ethan! They found her!" She said and I was in shock. I immediately got out of bed and was by her side.

"Where is she?" I asked grabbing onto both sides of Scarlet's arms.

"She's in a safe house, here in Downtown LA. My friend from the FBI said they been following Carlos' tracks for some time now." She said.

"Ok, let's go" I said heading towards the door.

"It's not that simple" Scarlet sighed.

"What do you mean?" I said turning towards her.

"They're in a safe house, which means that the house is very well protected. They called a SWAT team in but, I'm worried Ethan. I'm worried about Paige" she sighed.

"I am too, but I don't care. I Love Paige. And I would do anything I could for her." I said. Scarlet nodded.I immediately left to the place Scarlet gave me directions to. She stayed behind with Sara.

When I got there the place was full of SWAT. I talked to the man in charge and he said they had the place surrounded, however they couldn't just walk inside. The place was filled with armed men and apparently there was a bomb planted inside. 

"Have you talked to Carlos?" I asked the officer in charge.

"Yes. That man is a psychopath. There is no room to negotiate with him" the officer sighed. "We need someone to distract him so we can get inside." Just then the phone rang and the officer answered. "No, there's no way..." the officer grunted. "What's wrong?" I asked him.

"That psychopath wants you to go inside" the officer said. "That's not happening" he said.

"I'll do it" I immediately said.

"No way in hell am I going to let you go inside" he said.

"Officer please. You guys said you needed a distraction and I'm the perfect distraction. Send me in" I said.

"No way. He could kill you" he said. "I'm not risking a civilian" he said.

"It's a risk I'm willing to take. The women I'm in love with is in there. I would do anything for her" I said. "Don't you have a wife, wouldn't you do anything for her?" I asked him.

The officer gave me a look and then he sighed "ok".

Paige POV

It's been a couple of days and I've been able to convince Carlos I was still weak. He would get mad but then he would say it was ok.

Today however I heard yelling and he came inside and I could tell he was angry. "What's the matter?" I asked him.

"There's a mole in the gang." He said in an angry tone.

"Whatever does that mean?" I asked him.

"What that's means is there's a fucking cop in our gang and we don't know who!" He yelled at me and I flinched. He then walked towards me. "Get on the bed" he said.

"What? Why??" I asked him shaking.

"I said get on the god damn bed" he said pulling me by my wrist and throwing me onto the bed.

"Carlos please calm down." I said sitting up on the bed.

"Calm down? You want me to calm down?" He said pushing me down on the bed and he hovered over me. He growled at me. "I want you, now" he said pinning me down by holding my wrists.

I immediately became frightened. "Carlos, I still don't feel well please just give..." he cut me off.

"Time! You want more god damn time?!" He yelled at me. "Paige I've been so patient with you. However my patience has ended. I want you. Here and now" leaning in to kiss my neck.

"Carlos please. I said I would do it, I'm just not ready yet" I said trying to think of a way to escape from this.

He raised his head and looked down on me. "Paige don't act all innocent. You're pregnant with that assholes bastard. You're lucky I let you keep it. Now shut the hell up and please me" he said leaning down and kissing my neck. He release my wrists and ran his hand down my torso. I was in tears. I felt so helpless.

Thankfully we heard the door, Carlos grunted. "What the fuck. This better be important" he yelled.

"Boss we're surrounded" we heard someone say from behind the door.

Carlos immediately got off the bed and exited the room, slamming the door shut. I immediately got up from the bed.

What does it mean we're surrounded. That means the cops are here right? I felt some sort of relief in that moment.

The room I was in didn't have any windows or anything else that allowed me to look outside.

I looked down at my stomach. It looks like everything is going to be alright, I thought. Just then Carlos walked inside. He looked mad.

"Come on" he said grabbing onto my wrist and pulling me out of the room.

"What's going on?" I asked him.

"We're going to see you ex lover" he growled and pulled me down a long hallway.