Chapter 43

Ethan POV

I was able to get in touch with the mayor and the chief of police.  They owed me quite a few favors, so thankfully they were going to help me. They told me Carlos' men killed my Chauffeur and body guard. I needed to deal with him.

I also hired investigators to dig up everything the could on that Carlos guy. The chief of police was able to get a video from a street camera. There was the image of him putting Paige inside a truck and driving off. I had everyone looking for Paige all over the city. I doubt that Carlos guy left. From what I was told this was his "territory" so he wouldn't leave the area. The problem is that LA is so big, it was like looking for a needle in a haystack.

I had a sleeping Sara in my arms. She wanted Paige. She knew something was up and cried the entire day. I tried to comfort her but nothing worked. The truth was I felt the exact same way. I felt so lost without Paige.

Scarlet said she had a friend in the FBI and she was going to ask for some help. I hope that leads to something. I can't live without my Paige. I can't.

Paige POV

I woke up and I felt a warm blanket on top of me. Maybe everything that happened was just a dream! I opened my eyes and I was still in the basement. I Sat up and I saw a plate of food on the chair in front of me. I must have been so exhausted that I didn't hear anything.

I decided that I needed to keep up my strength and ate the food and drank the water.

I stood up and walked around. Carlos was right, there was no way out. I slowly and quietly climbed up the stairs. There was a huge metal door at the very top. I slowly tried to open it. Of course it was locked. I walked back downstairs and sat on the bed.

I was thinking about what Carlos said to me. He said he loved me. How is that possible? It seemed like he has a bad temper, I needed to be careful. It also seemed like he suffered from some sort of psychosis. I could tell because the way he acts isn't normal.

I had to use that to get closer to him. I had to play along with him. I needed a plan to get out of here. I needed to protect my baby. I wrapped my arms around my stomach. "Don't worry baby. Mommy will take care of you" I whispered.

I must have fallen asleep at some point.m during all my crying. I heard the door open and then I heard footsteps. I sat up and looked towards the direction of the stairs.

"Paige I'm glad you're awake" Carlos said.

"I was tired and I took a nap" I answered him. He sat on the chair in front of the bed.

"How are you feeling? Are you hungry?" He asked me.

"No. I'm ok. Thanks for the food " I said.

"No problem. Let me know what you like and I'll have my men bring you whatever you like." He said. "I also had them buy you all sorts of clothes. You can give me a list of anything you need and they buy it for you" he said.

"Ok. Um Carlos what's going to happen?" I asked him in a very  low voice.

"Well it seems you little stupid finance has the whole damn town looking for you and I. I'm going to keep you here for a while and then when things calm down I'm going to take you to my home. Where we'll be together" he said as he stood up and I looked up at him. "I know you don't love me right now. But you will" he said heading towards the stairs and slammed the door behind him.

One of his men came downstairs and asked me what I needed. I told him I didn't need anything. He said ok and left. He left me all the bags of clothes on the floor. Even tho I didn't want to use anything. I had to play along with Carlos. I didn't want him to loose his temper with me. I could tell he was dangerous and I didnt want him to hurt my baby.

Thoughts of Ethan and Sara came to mind. I loved both of them so much. I hope they were both ok.