III

"Hey dad, what's going on?" Riley asked when she returned from school looking really tired, she had been working extra hard just so she could maybe finish High School at the same time as Bella, but it was proving to be extremely difficult

Her dad was hunched over the kitchen table with multiple papers in front of him, causing her to frown at the sight as she placed her bag down beside her, before she stepped forward to examine the scene in front of her.

"Missing people?" Riley mumbled to herself in confusion, she must to talk the Cullen's about this later. She placed her hand on her dad's shoulder and gave it a comforting squeeze. "Dad? How about you take a break from this?"

"I will, just after I go over this one more time" Charlie let out with an exhausted look and Riley shook her head at him.

"You won't be able to help anyone if your this tired, go take a quick nap and I'll wake you up when I've made some food" Riley smiles at him, and he finally turns to look at his daughter, giving her a weak smile back before he stood up gruffly.

"Alright" He sighed, running his hand over his face. "Is Bella joining us?"

"She and Edward have until four" Riley reminded with a playful glare at her dad, he had given Edward and Bella a super tight schedule, they were never really together anymore—apart from when Edward snuck in through Bella's window.

"Yeah yeah" Charlie waved off his daughter before he walked away and disappeared from her sight, causing her to let out a sigh as she turned to the papers quickly, the curiosity getting the better of her.

She pounced into the chair and began her search through the papers, her hands shifting around as she switched between each page, and she seemingly took it all in, her nose twitching slightly as she focused.

"What are you doing?" A voice cut in, and her body jolted as she glanced at the figure and gathered all the papers together.

"Cleaning?" She offered an excuse as she refused to look up at them, and she pushed the papers into the police file and placed it on top of a stack that seemed to be growing weekly. "What did you need, Athena?"

"Something is going on" Athena stated for a matter of fact, observing Riley as she said it, and she crossed her arms over at her cousin. "And I know you gain gut feelings, so, why haven't you been searching even more?"

Riley remained silent as she spun her body around to her cousin slowly, who watched her closely like a predator. Athena hummed slightly to herself.

"Unless you already figured it out for yourself" Athena noted, Riley never gave up on her gut feelings and her suspicions. Take the wolves and vampires for an example.

"It's a vampire, they're building up their numbers, I don't know why yet. There's nothing connecting them apart from disappearance" Riley spurted it, and it suddenly felt good to reveal her thoughts.

"Have you told anyone else?" Athena asked, taking a few steps towards her cousin, who shook her head quickly.

"Bella and Edward are visiting mom this weekend, and I think they're all up to something. There's something else out there now, more deaths are happening again—and these disappearances" Riley rambled on as she began to fiddle with her fingers, before she looked up at Athena. "It can only be one thing"

Athena smirked to herself slightly, "how would you like to go in a vampire hunt with me this weekend?"