XVI

"Can't believe I got benched" Riley grumbled as she was carried by Seth, who was holding her in his arms, even after Paul had sent him several threats to keep his hands in safe-zones

"At least we're benched together?" Seth added on with a comforting smile, nod Riley returned it softly before her head fell against Seth's shoulder as she let out a sigh.

"I hope Edward and Jacob didn't kill each other, even though Jake—Jake isn't interested in Bella anymore, the two are quite temperamental" Riley's heart skipped a beat as she almost gave it away that Jacob had imprinted on someone else, only her and Athena knew about it.

"I'm sure Bella kept them apart" Seth responded, and Riley let out a short nod in return, there was no way Bella could keep a shifter and vampire to stop trying to murder each other.

Nothing could.

"We're here" Seth chimes as they reached the very miserable and cold campsite, and he lets Riley down slowly, letting her balance her feet properly after not being on them for some time.

Riley smiled at the group, who actually seemed to be getting along for once. "Glad to see nobody died"

Edward stifled a laugh as Bella sent her a stern look, telling her silently that now wasn't the time, Riley just sent a thumbs up before she looked at her best friend.

"Oh God" Jake breathed out with a smile before he dragged the girl with sad eyes into his arms, she was dressed up in black attire, making her look like the whole 'Hunter' image she was trying to achieve, but she still couldn't help but look innocent.

"Be careful" Riley states against Jake's chest, and the boy nods against the tip of her head.

"Jake" Seth calls out his name, and the pair separated sadly.

Jake then runs off the campsite and towards the battle grounds, Seth pointing over to some trees, saying he was going to be changing quickly and do a lap around to make sure the area is safe.

"Are you all ready?" Bella asked carefully, seeing the weapons that her younger sister was holding in some straps.

"It's starting" Edward suddenly says, Seth jumps out of the bush in his wolf form, watching as the vampire stares off in the distance, obviously watching the fight going down. "Jacob just got there....he's good"

Riley let out a breathe of somewhat relief, it was still going on and she was worried for the family that she had formed with these people, letting any one of them leave this morning was tough enough, never mind all of them.

"Emmett just save Paul" Edward speaks with a faint smile on his lips, and Riley was internally celebrating before she could hear a small snap somewhere in the distance, and her eyes snapped over to some trees, Edward soon looking as well.

"Is someone hurt?" Bella asks quickly, and Riley holds up a sharp blade as she takes her position.

"She's close" Edward answers, turning his guard on immediately. "I can hear her thoughts, Seth, go"