VIII

It had started off like any normal day for Riley

It had started off like any normal day for Riley...well, as normal as her life could get when she was constantly surrounded by the supernatural. She had spent the night at Paul's again, who was great to cuddle with because he was so warm and soft (when explained to the pack, Jared almost died of laughter while Paul was actually embarrassed).

She has arrived back at her home to spend some time with her dad, she had cooked him some dinner and even watched the game with him, even if she had no clue what was going on.

And then, just as she sighed and fell backwards on to her bed around ten in the evening, she strangely got a phone call.

Riley's eyebrows furrowed at it began to buzz, and then she picked it up and realised who it was, answering it immediately. "Bells? What's going on? I thought Edward said he wouldn't make you go to a party or anything busy"

"Riles" Bella stated her name, and a feeling hit Riley as though they were still connected in some way, she knew that Bella was in trouble.

"Bella? Tell me what's wrong" Riley spoke calmly, listening to Bella carefully on the other end, who seemed to be checking for the area was clear before she spoke down the phone.

"I think Edward somehow got me pregnant" Bella whispered, and Riley's eyes widened at the sentence as she nearly dropped her phone.

"He did what?!"

Riley slammed the car door shut before she ran straight ahead towards the giant glass house, when Bella left for the honeymoon she told Riley that's he should have the truck from now on, which made Riley cry

She was breathing heavily as she used her spare key and unlocked the door hastily, opening and shutting it as soon as possible as she ran forward and scanned the room for her target, and surprisingly, it wasn't Bella.

"You" She spoke on such rage that none of them had ever heard from her, she gripped his T-shirt which was strangely wrinkled from his lack of care. "How could you do this to her and then treat her like vermin?! Do you have any idea what you've done?!"

Jasper sent her a wave of calmness before he grabbed her waist and rugged her backwards, spinning her around to see him. "We can't do anything, it's Bella's choice"

"Bella" Riley breathed out, before she had tried to look for her sister again, only for Edward to point towards the living room, Riley only shoved past him and entered the room with an unrecognisable look, and she gasped when she saw Rosalie helping Bella eat something. "Bells?"

"Riley, you came" Bella smiled as she noticed her younger sister, and Riley's eyes widened as she saw how swollen Bella's stomach looked. "Before you say anything, I want to have the baby"

"...Okay" Riley nodded in agreement, if it was something Bella wanted then she couldn't exactly argue against it. Besides, how could she set back and watch as people try and kill her niece or nephew. "It's your choice Bella"

Riley then took the seat next to Bella, sending a smile to Rosalie who returned it. Riley knew that what Rosalie wanted more than anything, was a family of her own, a niece or nephew was the best she was going to get.

"I was so not prepared to be an aunt" Riley broke into the tension, from where Edward was watching as he was leaning against the doorway. Rosalie and Bella let out soft laughs at the girl, she seemed to brighten the mood. "I hope it's a girl, I can't wait to make a scrap book about them. Not forgetting about how they'll need a wardrobe, I will fight Alice to get the baby to at least wear some form of rainbow"

Bella laughed beside her sister, listening to all the palms she wanted to have with her niece (or so she assumed). She rested her head on Riley's shoulder quietly and decided to rest her eyes for a few moments, feeling Rosalie place a blanket over her as Riley went silent.