XVIII

"Never again" Riley sighed as she sunk into Emily's arms, the woman greeting them all as they came over from Jacob's (Riley had kicked them all out to leave Jake with Jess, so they could rest up without prying eyes).

"I agree" Emily smiled gently into the hug she was receiving from Riley, not even giving her fiancé a hug yet. "Why is your hand wrapped up?"

"She killed this guy named Riley, who was also a vampire...he hurt her hand and she totally kicked his ass" Seth explained excitedly, gaining a smack on the back of his head when he swore. "Ow!"

Riley pulled away from Emily with a grin on her face, "He totally deserved it after hurting my family"

"Can I get a hug now?" Sam questioned from the side, waiting to give his imprint some love and affection after a hard day, Emily just let out a playful laugh before she pulled him into a hug, letting him pamper her face with kisses.

"I'm going to see Kim" Jared says, looking up from his phone, showing that he had been ignoring them all and messaging her. "She wants to see me"

"Tell her I said hi" Riley smiles, and the guy nods before he runs out of the house in a haste, wanting to get to his girlfriend as quickly as possible, Riley then hugged Quil and Embry goodbye as they said they were too tried to stay any longer (and that their mothers were worrying).

"I'm taking Seth home" Leah states tensely at the room, Riley giving her and Seth a quick hug goodbye, thanking Seth for looking after her today and keeping her alive. "Riles, don't go loosing your virginity to Paul, I couldn't handle it"

Riley blushed as Paul let out a laugh, probably assuming that legs was joking, but Riley knew that she wasn't.

Leah never joked about relationships.

"So, I was thinking that we should cuddle up in our pyjamas and sleep for a while day" Riley explained her plans she had with Paul as they entered his house, peeling her coat away as Paul shut and locked the front door

"How about we shower and then get into our pyjamas?" Paul offers, licking his thumb before rubbing a bit of dirt that was stuck on Riley's cheek, before he gently caressed her face. "You can go first as I set up some snacks"

Riley smiles up at him softly, before she reaches forward and pecks his cheek. "Thanks, I don't know what I'd do without you"

"Probably be sat with another wolf watching films, you know they'd all be willing to for you" Paul joked, and Riley sent him a small smile, watching his hand fall away from her face and into her waist.

"Maybe I'll go to one of them instead" She grins cheekily, only for Paul to send her a playful gaze, before he kissed her nose.

"Nice try, go shower" Paul instructs, and she lets out a small pout as he tries to push her away. "Ri, put the pout away and go shower"

Riley smiles at him before she sounds around and walks towards the bathroom, knowing she already had a towel laying around for her anyway, since he had over six towels for no reason.

She closes the bathroom door and lets out a small sigh, silently questioning how she got so lucky as she walks in front of the mirror and spots the state of herself, battle didn't suit her.

Thankfully, she'd have her cupcake pyjama bottoms and Paul's high school football jacket awaiting in one of Paul's drawers, where she had placed some of her things last night.

Riley quickly showered off any reminders of the battle, scrubbing her body and hair with small bottles that she had brought from her house, before she jumped back away from the warmth and wrapped a purple towel around her body.

She unlocked the bathroom and padded her way over to Paul's bedroom, shivering in the cold as it hit her towel-covered body.

When she reached the room, Paul had her clothes laid out for her (minus her underwear) and even had his own laid besides hers so he could change after his shower as well.

"Hi" She makes herself known, and he looks up to her quickly, making sure to only meet her eyes do he's not being disrespectful.

"Hey" Paul responds, before he presses a kiss to her head. "I'm going to shower now, the living room is ready for us"

"Okay, thank you" Riley grins at him, and he presses another kiss to her cheek before he walks out of the room, shutting it behind him so she can have her privacy.