VIIII

They arrived to a small and cozy looking house that laid in the middle of the Rez—that essentially looked like the middle of nowhere—but the place made Riley reach for her camera, only to realise that she hadn't brought it with her

The boys jumped out of the trunk and let out a weird noise that Riley scrunched her nose at, Bella winding down her window with concern. "Hey, I think we should go back and see if Jacob's okay"

And Riley secretly wanted to add on Paul's name for some reason, even if he had just tried to basically eat his sister, she did slap him, but Riley didn't think that was a good enough excuse.

"I hope Paul sinks some teeth into him, serves him right" Jared bets to Embry, and Riley almost smiled at the familiar memory of betting.

"No way, Jacob's a natural. You see him phase on the fly? I got five says Paul doesn't touch him" Embry bets, the girls still in the car as the two boys walk on ahead.

"We should go..." Riley trailed off, feeling as though she was only evading their space, she wanted to go home to the comfort of her room.

"No way, I'm not going alone" Bella shook her head at her younger sister, before she jumped out of the car and sent Riley a look through the window.

"Maybe I should just...stay here" Riley suggests, and Bella glowers her eyes lightly.

"You're bleeding, we need to get you fixed up" Bella concluded, and Riley scoffed before she jumped out of the car slowly, clinging on the her bag as if it was her very own soul.

"Come on in, ladies. We won't bite" Embry called to them, and Hared sent a smirk their way.

"Speak for yourself"

Bella grabbed Riley's gold arm and guided the girl towards the house, coming to a stop as the boys tried to earn them. "Oh hey, about Emily, Sam's fiancé. Don't stare. It bugs Sam"

And then they were let in as Bella questioned why she would stare, they reached the room to see a woman taking to the guys, who already had food in their mouth.

"You guys hungry? Like I have to ask" the women spoke to them, and Riley guessed that was Emily.

Riley immediately began to hide behind Bella's figure at the new surroundings and people, not entirely feeling comfy about the entire fact that they were literally almost chew toys by a guy that she can't get out of her head.

The women suddenly turned around a spotted the girls at the door, glancing at the boys at the table she asked "who's this?"

"Bella and Riley Swan, who else?" Jared spoken again, and Riley almost rolled her eyes at the fact that every sentence she's heard from him, it was a remark.

Bella felt uncomfortable as she saw the scars, shifting slightly so she could be more in front of her sister.

"So, you're the vampire girl?" Emily let out a smile, speaking so softly that Riley felt better.

"So you're...the wolf girl?" Bella remarked as she began to walk into the actual room, Riley walking slightly behind her as she did so.

"Guess so. Well, I'm engaged to one" Emily returned to comments, carrying over some muffins to the table, as Embry kept his eyes on his shy friend.

"Save some for your brothers" Emily warned Jared, smacking his hand away as if he was a child. "And ladies first. Muffin?"

"Sure. Thanks" Bella agreed, walking over to the table on her own and sitting down awkwardly, whilst grabbing a muffin, sending her sister a small look.

"And you're Riley?" Emily turned to the shyer girl, who still was near the doorway.

"You're really pretty" Riley blurted out, causing Jared to snort, only to be nudged in the side by Embry who defended his friend with a smile.

Emily smiled sweetly at the girl, before holding her arms out, "thank you. Now, I see your injured...so sit down and have a muffin while Jared will go get the first aid"

Jared mumbled something under his breathe before he stood up and left the room quickly, returning a few minutes later and handing the bag to Emily, who instantly began to work on Riley's arm

"Leave it to Jacob to find a way around Sam's gag order" Emily commented, wiping a tissue over the blood.

"Um, he didn't say anything to me" Bella admitted from her place, and people glanced at Riley expectedly.

"Quileute Legends, chapter 1, page 2" Riley explained briefly, trying not to cringe at her arm. "Phasing"

"It's a wolf thing, not to tell." Embry continued with Bella's confusion, "Alpha's orders get obeyed whether we want' em to or not. Oh and check it out, we can read each other's thoughts"

"Would you shut up? These are trade secrets. Damn it! This chick runs with vampires" Jared scolds Embry, while waving his muffin around, Riley rolled her eyes.

"You can't really run with vampires" Bella concluded. "Cause they're fast"

Riley thanked Emily silently when she finished applying a bandage on her arm, and the women watched the scene unfold.

"Yeah? Well, we're faster. Freaked out yet?" Jared questioned.

"You're not the first monsters I've met" Bella admits, sending her sister a small look to see if she knew anything about the Cullen's.

"Jake's right. You're good with weird" a voice at the door cuts in, Riley spins around to see Sam enter, making his way towards his fiancé immediately, where he kisses her sweetly with his arms wrapped around her. Then he playfully kissed around her face as she giggles, causing Riley's heart to swoon before she turns to Jared with a matter-of-fact look.

"You're only shaped to be faster than vampires backseat you were designed to hunt them" She concludes quickly, Bella's eyes widening as she realised her sister knows.

Embry sticks his tongue out at the girl, before there is more footsteps and the other two boys join, Riley's heart skipping a beat as she spots Paul.

Paul sits down next to Riley and sends Bella a light smirk, "sorry"

Bella looks towards Jake, who tilts his head towards the outside, showing they need to talk, but Bella looks back to Riley, who is sat down watching the scene unfold around her. "Riles?"

Riley glanced between Jake and Bella, cringing when she realised she'd be third wheeling them. "You can go on without me"