VI

Today was the field trip, and Athena made it her personal job to be Riley's caretaker for the day, as she seemed Bella had forgotten to do the job for herself

They were waiting over by Athena's car when Athena let out a grumble, causing Riley to raise her eyebrows at her as she lowered her book. "What's up?"

"He's staring again" Athena mumbles to her, hoping nobody else heard, she seemed to be agitated again, which was a usual sign of when her stalker was watching.

Riley glances over to where Emmett was stood with Rosalie and Thomas, but his attention was fully on Athena as though he was afraid to look away from her, like something terrible would happen if he did and he'd hated the thought of it.

"He looks like he's about to take a bullet for me any second" Riley grimaced at Athena's bluntness, but the girl was unfazed by herself as she drank away some more Coffee. "When is this stupid school going to let us on the bus? I want a nap"

"And I've got a new book to read" Riley smiled as she held up her new blue book she had found the other day in the library, she held it with pride and curiosity which was her usual when she found a book that interested her.

"Quileute legends" Athena read out the title of the book that was in front of her, she swore that she felt more eyes on the pair of them. "What kind of none sense is that?"

"It's not none sense" Riley rolled her eyes lightly at the lack of imagination that her cousin held "they're little story's that Sarah used to read to me, and I happen to find them intriguing"

"No big words" Athena whines, "not at this time in the morning"

"It's nine a.m. and intriguing isn't a big word" But Riley's comment was cut off by her cousin groaning again, "Hippopotomonstrosesquippedaliophobia"

Athena grabbed her head as though it had physically hurt her to head the word that left her intelligent cousins lips, "what the hell does that even mean?!"

"It's the phobia for big words" Riley grinned at her cousin, who rolled her eyes in annoyance, before chugging down some more coffee.

"Come on, I think we're getting on now"

•·•·•·•·•·•·•·•·•·•☾ ♡ ☽•·•·•·•·•·•·•·•·•·•

The teacher was droning on about all the biological properties of the place that they were in, and Athena was drinking her second cup of coffee from another flask she brought, as her cousins walked together in front of her.

"Don't drink it!" The teacher exclaimed and jumped forward to take the compost tea away from Tyler.

Athena snorted from behind the Swan siblings, Bella walking straight on as she ignored everything other than Edward, and Riley biting her lip as she looked up from her book.

"What's in Jacksonville?" Edward questions as Bella and Riley try to walk past him, the girls stopping awkwardly.

"Oh, erm.." Riley tried to think of something, but realised he was asking Bella, or at least she thought that since he was stalking her like a hawk.

Athena let out a huff at the group before reaching forwards and dragging Riley away from the awkward scene, making Riley secretly owe her for the saving.

"Thank you" Riley breathes out as they were out of ear shot, Athena nodded in return. "You seem better, is the tub of coffee kicking in?"

"Shut up!" Athens hissed playfully as she swatted Riley's arm "it was not a tub, it was like...three or four cups! You're just being dramatic"

"I was exaggerating" Riley corrected Athena, who groaned again in return. "And you had like, four sugars in each coffee, I swear you should have diabetes"

"Anyways, why do you think Sir Pale's a lot over there is questioning my dear cousin and your sister about?" Athens brought you the question as the girls glanced over at the talking pair, which seemed like a whole other awkward dimension.

"He asked about what's in Jacksonville" Riley added, "Probably overhead Bella talking about visiting mom"

Athena shrugged in agreement and then that was the end of that conversation, "so hows the mystery book?"

"The legends are really intriguing" Riley answered honestly, feeling insecure about being watched again, she held the blue covered book close to her chest as if she was expecting it to be ripped away from her. "Remind me to tell you about them some time"