III

Months seemed to pass by and Bella hardly ever talked to anyone (unless you counted Riley, who Bella seemed to fake a positive attitude around, just so the younger girl wasn't effected) but the girl always heard the screams at night, it shook the ...

Months seemed to pass by and Bella hardly ever talked to anyone (unless you counted Riley, who Bella seemed to fake a positive attitude around, just so the younger girl wasn't effected) but the girl always heard the screams at night, it shook the house and her own dreams.

The bags under Riley's eyes seemed to be bigger than the hours that the screams seemed to play, Riley and no idea what Edward had done to Bella, but she knew that it had to be horrific due to the screeching that thundered the neighbourhood every night, Riley had recently picked up on coffee, the drink that she once took as dull and too dark for her, was now her one and only savour from the lack and sleep.

That and the sleepovers that Riley would have at the Black's residence every Saturday evening, where they would snack and watch movies before Riley would end up sleeping early on.

Not that Jacob minded, nor did Billy. In fact, they welcomed her with open arms, as they knew the troubles that the Swan's were currently facing and they knew the impact that it seemed to have on both Riley and Charlie...not forgetting the inevitable look of a constant reaping that seemed to settle on Bella's face.

What looked quiet and tried was actually a storm bigger than anybody else understood.

"Okay, so turn it clockwise until you hear a slight cooking sound and then you can stop" Jacob explained to Riley as they worked on his new car, that she wanted to help with since she had already completed all her homework for that week.

"Alright" Riley nodded slightly, turned the tool-that name she had forgotten already-around slowly clockwise until their was a random clicking noise, and she pulled the tool away quickly and looked over to Jacob hesitantly.

"Yeah, that's right, you did it" Jacob encouraged Riley, and a smile soon settled on her face, which Jacob returned before he grabbed the tool from her hands gently, and he chucked it into the box. "Now, pizza or burgers? Cause I was thinking we could go to this dinner"

"Let's try that!" Riley agreed, tipping onto her toes lightly before a frown came onto her face. "Do you have a jumper I could borrow? I didn't know we'd be going out"

Jacob scoffed playfully as the pair began to walk into the house again, away from the garage. "I'll be wanting it back, alongside the other ten you stole"

"Don't be so dramatic Jake" Riley waved him off as they walked into his room, that had been cleaned when Riley arrived earlier, since he was a messy person. "I only have Seven, well, now I have eight"

Jacob threw her a playful look before pulling his drawer open and passing over a black jumper that her had, claiming that it went best with the jeans she was wearing.

"You should stop hanging around with Quil and Embry, you sound like a girl" Riley commented, and Jacob laughed her off before he closed the drawer and stood the girls wrist.

"Alright, bike or car?"

"Car, obviously the car" Riley quickly let out, her eyes widened as she panic inwardly. "I am not getting on that death machine Jacob!"

"Ow!" Jacob hissed after the girl hit him again, the pair had arrived to the dinner after what seemed like a long trip, Riley had been holding onto his waist so tightly that they both thought she'd break something

"You idiot!" Riley smacked his arm again, Jacob barely flinching away from her. "I told you I didn't want to!"

"Yes, but we're here so..." Jacob tried to excuse himself, before he saw two people entering the dinner and he scowled to himself, and Riley tilted her head at him innocently. "It's Sam Uley and Paul Lahote, the gang I told you about, where they take steroids"

Riley frowned to herself as they both approached the footed themselves, Jacob opening the door for her to go through first. "Why would they do that?"

"I don't know, but I don't like the way that they look at Embry" Jacob shook his head, his glare settling on the three guys at the counter, and he realised that Jared Cameron, was also here. "Just, stay away from them, whatever you do. Okay?"

"They helped Bella" Riley countered, letting Jacob tug her hand over to the other side of the dinner. "They didn't have to do that, but they did"

"Whatever, let's just not speak about them" Jacob shook his head, no longer wanting to talk about the gang. "Anyway, I believe it's my turn to pick the movie for tonight"

"Oh no"