IV

Riley and Athena walked into History as polar opposites

Riley was practically bouncing from the walls, to the ceiling, to anywhere else. She was so exited to learn about anything to do with the past, she was always so intrigued by everything that would be/was uncovered.

On the other hand, Athena was gripping her coffee for dear life, she had only just been moved to History as there was a mix up when she first started at this school around a few weeks ago, because her father was always travelling.

"Isn't this exciting?!" Riley questioned Athena as she bounced in, slightly walking on her toes as she went, Athena grumbled begins her.

"Coffee first, then I can acknowledge your emotions" She states before she patted Riley's head, causing her mood to deflate slightly.

"Boo" Riley pouted before she stuck her tongue out, before she turned around and spotted the other people on her classroom, causing her to retreat into her shell as she watched the busy people shuffling around and sitting down.

Athena gently grabbed Riley with her free hand before she tugged her along to the back, "sit down next to that Jasper kid, okay? I'm right next to you.."

Riley nodded slightly before she sat down in her newly assigned seat, she noticed how the guy next to her was sat against the wall, trying to get himself further away from the class, she could definitely relate to that.

She let out a shaky breathe before she took out her pencil case and a notebook, so that she was ready to learn.

Glancing over at Athena, she could tell that her cousin was annoyed with the tall brunette who was staring at her with an unfamiliar emotion.

That, certainly did not help with her nerves.

"Alright class, lets begin with a few questions about the civil war" The teacher began the lesson and Riley was relieved that it was a subject she already knew. "Okay, how about...ms. Swan, can you tell us when the civil war was?"

Riley froze in her spit as she began to panic, she could feel that people were waiting on her answer, she as just waiting on the words as well.

As though it was an angel, she felt a wave of calmness wash over her and her muscles relaxed before she calmly answered, "12 April 1861 - 9 April 1865"

"Correct" The teacher smiled, before she moved onto someone else, causing Riley to let out a breathe she didn't even know she was holding.

She glanced over to the boy besides her, and was shocked to see that he was looking at her, he gave her a small smile before turning back to the lesson, which she shortly followed.

•·•·•·•·•·•·•·•·•·•☾ ♡ ☽•·•·•·•·•·•·•·•·•·•

Riley walked along with Athena, who was punching her fists into the air out of pure anger, spitting on every word she spoke.

"And the nerve he had to continue staring?! Even though I questioned him?!" Athena grumbled, setting out another two swings, Riley carefully dodging one as it came her way, she settled her hand on her cousins shoulder, who calmed down before gently pushing it off. "Okay, ok. I'm calm"

Riley grinned at her before they met up with Bella, who seemed to be in a dismal mood too, wether it was anger or sadness, Riley didn't know.

"Do I stink?" Bella quickly asked when she took notice of her relatives who would stood in fork for her expectantly.

"Always" Athena cracked a joke, before Riley realised Bella was being serious, so she sent Athena a 'quiet!' Look.

"No, Bells. You smell perfectly fine, you even used my vanilla perfume today" Riley reassures her the best way she could, nobody could say the vanilla spray stunk, it was heavenly. "Why?"

"Nothing, it's nothing" Bella dismisses, and Riley frowns at her secrecy before she decides to nod it off.

Riley turns to Athena and gives her a quick hug before jumping into the passenger seat of the seat, Bella shortly following to her own seat so they can drive off.

•·•·•·•·•·•·•·•·•·•☾ ♡ ☽•·•·•·•·•·•·•·•·•·•

Whilst Charlie took Bella out to eat, Riley decided that she was more comfortable staying at home so she could get her new homework done quicker.

Charlie only agreed because his daughter seemed so passionate about completing it early, and because she was one of two swans that could actually cook in the family, sucks to be Charlie and Athena.

Riley was sat down at her desk, carefully scribbling away an essay about Macbeth, which happened to be one of her favourite plays written by Shakespeare, she absolutely despised Romeo and Juliet.

She was trying to answer the question for the homework, on how the witches were evil and if they made Macbeth who he was.

Something tumbled over onto the floor in another room, causing a huge slam onto the ground, Riley flinched before her eyes widened and she reached over for her tennis racket.

For some reason, her mother thought it was a good idea to get her into tennis when she was only eight years old, obviously that was over now but she still had a neat swing.

She slowly walked towards Bella's room, as it seemed to be the source of the noise, and slowly turned the handle before entering.

Only to find nothing, she scoffed when she saw the window wide open, it must've been the wind pushing the curtains or something.

She marched forward to where one of Bella's novels was on the floor, she carefully picked it up before placing it back onto the book pile on the old wooden desk.

Riley let out a sigh as she glanced around the room, she was pretty much sure that Forks was driving her out of her own mind, she walked forward and slammed Bella's window down glancing over to where the woods were before groaning and turning to leave the room.

She had a Macbeth was ya to write after all.