XVII

"Jake!" Riley shouted as she reached the battle grounds, letting out a breathe from her fast speed before she kneeled down beside her friend who's ribs had just been crushed

"Jake!" Riley shouted as she reached the battle grounds, letting out a breathe from her fast speed before she kneeled down beside her friend who's ribs had just been crushed. "Oh God"

Carlisle turned him on his side, Edward helping him. "Jacob, don't worry. Carlisle is going to take care of you"

"Half of his body is shattered" Carlisle states as he observed the hurt teenager, before he glanced up at Bella who lands down in the grass as well.

"Riley" Jake says wearily as he spots who's stroking his hair gently, and the girl sends him a small smile as the pack comes running out dressed.

"Jake! You idiot! I had him!" Leah shoots down at the hurt wolf, and Riley sends her a sharp look.

"Leah" Sam warns as he sits beside Jake as well, noting down the fact that Riley's hand was also hurt.

"We need to reset the bones, with his accelerating healing, it's already starting" Carlisle describes as he holds Jake's arm, and Riley looks over to her cousin who is watching in Emmett's arms.

"We need to get him out of here, we're not gonna want to fight with the volturri" Edward states, tension high as the royal vampires were on their way.

"I can reset the bones" Riley suddenly states attention flipping to her. "I have the strength and Athena can use some charms to help ease the pain"

Athena nods in agreement, walking away from Emmett as her thoughts were completely on helping Jake, and staying away from royal vampires who didn't know her kind existed.

"We'll take him back to Billy's" Sam says.

"Hang in there Jake" Bella simply says before she stands up so that the pack can help Jake back home.

"I'll take care of him" Riley promised her older sister as Jake grunts, being picked up by the pack. "You look after yourself as well"

"Always" Bella nods, watching Jake being carried away.

"Okay, set him down on the bed" Riley instructs as they reach the house, Billy settling back in the living room as he worries for his son, the pack take him to the room and rest him down as gently as possible, the boy writhing in pain

"Okay, set him down on the bed" Riley instructs as they reach the house, Billy settling back in the living room as he worries for his son, the pack take him to the room and rest him down as gently as possible, the boy writhing in pain. "I need cold water, a cloth, a towel and Athena, start helping with the pain"

The pack snaps into action as Paul hangs back, seeing his imprint helping out Jake. "Is your hand okay?"

"I'll fix it after" She snaps at Paul quickly, thanking Sam when he brings her the things she needs. "I need the room clear"

Sam pushes the boys back into the living room as the girls stay inside, Riley sends Jake the best smile she could muster.

"This is going to be very painful, but it will be better afterwards" Riley promised him, dipping the cloth into the bowl of cold water before she folds it and rests it on his head. "Okay, Athena you need to start"

Athena nods sharply as she placed her hands on the sides of Jake's head, beginning to mutter something in a language order than Viking's, and Jake seems to take to the spells well.

"Okay..." Riley trails off, feeling along his broken bone, before she holds her breathe and snaps the first one towards its correct place, giving him a few seconds before she snaps it again, leading it back to its original place. "I'm sorry Jake! Just a few more, I promise!"

Jake let's out another scream as she cracks another, the whole pack wincing as hey hear it on the other side of the door, and Riley sends him soothing words as she continues on. "Riley, I need—I need her"

"I'll get her as soon as we're done" Riley nods, brushing his hair as she snaps another one, a tear going down her cheek as she sees her friend in such pain.

Athena was the first one out of the room, claiming that she had done everything she could possibly do, before she excused herself to call 'someone'. The pack didn't bother listening in as they didn't know that Athena was ringing up Jacob's imprint.

Who knew everything.

"Is he okay?" The blonde asked as Athena let her inside, and the pack all sent her confused looks as Athena tried to calm her down. "Athena, tell me that Jake is okay"

"Riley is with him" Athena sighs, gesturing for the grin to take a seat on the sofa, beside Paul, who was waiting for his imprint to finish.

There was a loud scream of pain which caused the stranger to flinch, before they heard a small yet soothing shushing sound, which was Riley trying to help calm him down.

There wasn't any sound after that, and they all turned their attention to the door as it opened, but Riley didn't look at any of them as she met the blonde girls eyes, letting out a sigh of relief. "Jess"

"Riles" The stranger responded, jumping up and hugging the girl who looked tired.

"He's been asking for you" Riley let out in a tried voiced pulling away from the hug, the taller girl nodded before she marched towards the room confidently, the others still not knowing who she was.

"Who was that?" Jared broke the ice.

"His imprint" Riley responded in a tone of exhaustion, collapsing down on the couch next to Paul, who placed his arm around her tiredly. "He's healing now, just needs to be on bed rest until he's fully recovered"