VII

According to Bella, Jake had totally flipped out on Mike Newton at the cinema and then had disappeared into thin air afterwards, Billy Black had informed Bella that Jake had mono

Which Riley called total lies, since she knew about the legends and she knew what was most likely happening to Jake at current times, although she made no attempt to talk to him as she knew he probably wouldn't even answer her.

It seemed as though they were back to square one, Bella Sean screaming at the top of her lungs just when life seemed to turn better, Charlie Swan falling asleep ok the couch whenever he came home, Riley Swan breathing in coffee even though she hated it with every cell in her.

Riley didn't hate Jake because he had chosen to abandon her, she hated Jake because ha he abandoned Bella and now she seemed to be in a viscous cycle where people constantly seem to be leaving her behind and cutting her off.

Riley felt empathetic towards the girl and tried her best to soothe her, just as she did when Edward originally left, but it was to know Advil.

Riley felt utterly and completely hopeless, and she knew the only thing she could do to make herself feel better, would be to scream at someone, she needed to let go of the constant screams that she had trapped so her father didn't have to deal with two of them.

So, there she sat tapping her fingers on the steering wheel outside the Black residence, chugging down her coffee every few seconds to try and help the jittering and tiredness that her body seemed to be under.

Her plan had been set out perfectly, see Jake, blow up at Jake and then leave...

But, here she sat with a stupid meal that she had cooked for Billy, an excuse that she was going to use to get into the house where she'd hopefully see Jake...so she could explode and then leave.

She let out a sigh of exhaustion before she jumped out of Bella's car that she had borrowed, and she walked towards the door holding the homemade meal, she knocked on the door lightly and tapped her foot as the wait began.

The door creaked open and she looked down slightly to see a frowning Billy, who covered his surprise up with a smile. "Oh hey, Riles, you know Jake is sick right? Unfortunately, you can't see him at this moment..."

"I came here to see you" Riley cut him off with such courage that she surprised herself, but her shyness covered over her cheeks in a bush as she held up the wrapped up plate. "I figured...since Jake wouldn't be able to help cook, I'd make you something"

Billy smiled up at the sweet girl and gestured for her to hand it over, which she did with a polite smile before she awkwardly waved and turned to leave, the door closing as she walked down the porches stairs.

A figure seemed to pop up nearby and she did a double take when she saw the shirtless boy, who froze in his place when he spotted Riley, her coming to a stop as well.

"You're not supposed to be here" His voice turned harsh and bitter, which caused a shiver to spread through her body before she turned her head to him fully so she could see her true face currently.

She glared at him, "cause you have mono? Yeah, I know. I heard all the excuses your father passed along to Bella, but I'm not here for your snippy attitude, I came to drop off some food I made for your dad"

Jake seemed to think it over before he nodded, "just don't come here again"

Riley tilted her head cockily, "or what? You'll release the Wolves on me?" And when she got the reaction she needed to prove she wasn't crazy, she nodded and moved along towards Bella's car, ignoring the look of Jake's face when she drove past him.