VII

"Are you sure you want to do this?" Alisha asked again as they stood on top of the cliff, Riley looking down uneasily as some rocks slipped off easily as she moved her feet towards the edge

Riley had declared that she had to go cliff diving at one point in her life, and she'd rather do it before she's crushed by the fact that her sisters dead and won't be able to see her for years.

Besides, it would get her mind off of everything.

Riley nodded strongly as she turns her head back to Leah and Alisha, "I'm sure"

"Alright..." Leah trailed off unsure, before she peeled off the shorts and top that she had brought, leaving her behind in a black swimsuit. "Come on then"

Alisha rolled her eyes before following the girls actions, she had a lilac bikini on, and she sent Riley an encouraging smile.

Riley took a deep breath before she took of her shirt and leggings, placing a hand on her side instinctively as she didn't like people looking at her scar that she had, especially not Paul as he always seemed to treat her like a China doll.

"Alright, I'll go first" Alisha smirked, spinning around and walking backwards towards the edge of the cliff before she dived backwards, Leah scoffing as the girl decided to show off with a backwards dive.

When they heard the splash, Leah glanced at Riley, silently asking if she wanted or go next. "Why did I think about this? Athena is going to kill me"

"Paul is going to kill us all" Leah responded with a snort, before she held a hand out to her friend. "We can go down together"

Riley placed her hand in Leah's. trusting her completely as she moved her hand from her waist and sent the girl a nod, Leah smiled at Riley's movements.

"On three..." Leah prepared the girl, signalling that they were going to run and jump together. "Okay? One..."

"Two..." Riley breathed out, her voice shaking slightly from the cold, thank God Leah had her shifter heat.

"One!" Leah shouted, and the pair ran together as fast as they could, jumping off the hill with a squeal and a small scream.

They fell down hastily, hitting the water loudly as they never let go of each other's hands, Leah's head bobbed up from the water and Alisha swam over to them before they both helped Riley stable herself properly.

After Riley had her breathing back to normal, she wore a massive grin, "that was fun"

After they had swam back to the beach, the girls collected their clothes quickly before they walked back to the pack house

After they had swam back to the beach, the girls collected their clothes quickly before they walked back to the pack house...Emily's house, deciding that they change back into their clothes after they had showered and dried off.

"Hi!" Riley greeted brightly as she entered, forgetting all the worried about her scar on her stomach.

"You guys went without me!" Kim gasped as she noticed they were wearing their swimwear, she was perched on Jared's lap as usual, both of them clinging to each other.

"We did call you" Alisha responded with her arms crossed over, before she noticed the look on Paul's face. "I think I'm going to shower first..."

She quickly walked out of the room and towards the shower, not bothering to let the human go first, but Leah had her arm around Riley's shoulders ever concern she first shivered.

"Come here" Paul finally sighed, opening his arm to the girl, Riley smiled before she hastily ran forward and into Paul's arms. Her arms wrapped around his stomach as his wrapped around her shoulders and he sent a gentle kiss to her head before smiling down at her. "Did you at least have fun before you froze?"

"Yeah, it was amazing" Riley grinned, her words muffled slightly by being against Paul—who was actually wearing a shirt for once in his shifter life.

"Riley is showering next" Paul says as he looks over Riley to look at Leah, who rolls her eyes, not even phased by the dampness that dropped from her hair. "She's cold and she's wet and she's also in a bikini in the middle of the pack house"

"Here, she can have a towel" Emily offered as she appeared out of nowhere, Riley jolted in surprise and Paul just took it greatfully before wrapping it around Riley's body so she was covered, and then he took her back into his arms.

"Didn't know you were a bikini girl, Riley" Jared smirked, only to be smacked on the back of his head by Kim. "Ow!"

"Oops, I didn't mean to hit that hard, sorry J" Kim pouted as she held his head in her hands, kissing where she hit, Jared just sent a proud smile out to anyone who saw it—those two were sickly sometimes.