VII

"Can you smell it?" Riley asked as they stepped foot into her bedroom, and Paul wrinkled his nose before letting out a small sigh, the vampire hadn't come into her room, thankfully

"They didn't come into your room" Paul reassures, glancing at Riley who had been watching him closely, before he nudges her into the room. "Pack a bag, we've got a slumber party waiting for you"

"Thanks for coming with me Paul" Riley smiled at the man, before she pulls out a bag and blushed. "I'll need you to turn around so I can....grab my things"

Paul nodded with a small smirk etching its way into his face slowly, but he spun around so that she didn't have to see him. He didn't want to scare his imprint or anything, he didn't know how she'd react.

She quickly pushed away her underwear to the bottom of the bag, hiding it away with a giant hoodie—that she believed belonged to Jake—before she pushed a few more things she thought would be necessary for her stay with the girls, which would be hosted at Sam's, since it's where the boys knew they were all safe together.

Leah had ultimately rolled her eyes at that one.

"Riley, I need my spare bag that I keep here" Athena whines as she enters the room, her and Paul sending each a small glare before Riley spins around to her cousin. "I'm staying with Bella, no way would I leave her in a house full of vampires alone"

"But, you're leaving me alone with wolves?" Riley joked, her cousin shrugged in response, as she knew about the imprint but Riley didn't.

"I trust Jake" Is what she chose as her response, gaming a nod from Riley as she accepted it, spinning around so she could pick her bag up and rest it on her shoulder.

"It's under the bed" Riley smiled gently, and Athena drops to the floor near the bed, reaching under and pulling out a suitcase instead, which caused Riley's eyes to widen. "Wait! Not that!"

Riley jumps onto the lid before it could open, luring out curiosity from the other pair who were in the room, and she mumbles something that they couldn't hear as she clips it back shut. She reaches under to grab the bag herself before she hands it over to Athena, innocent look on her face.

"What was that?" Athena questioned instantly, and Riley shook her head at her cousin, telling her that she'd explain later.

Riley picks up the suitcase as well, turning around to face Paul with a smile. He gives her a small one back before he grabs the bag off her shoulder, knowing not to try and touch the suitcase that she seemed to want private, she'd tell if she wants to.

 He gives her a small one back before he grabs the bag off her shoulder, knowing not to try and touch the suitcase that she seemed to want private, she'd tell if she wants to

Emily laughed as Leah and Alisha wrestled each other, each one trying to make the other one give in. They tumbled down to the floor, instantly making Kim yelp slightly in surprise and worry, but Emily assured her that they were fine.

"I want the last...taco!" Alisha growled in her shifter hunger, only for Leah to push her head to the ground, returning a growl in return.

"No way! You've eaten five!" Leah argued, only to be pushed down again, Riley had a faint smile on her lips knowing that Leah had cracked out of her shell and was making friends—more or less.

The boys said they should keep a wolf there for safety, and they chose Leah as she was a 'girl'. However, Emily and Riley jumped to the girls defended and stated that she was already invited—as one of the girls, not as a guard—Alisha just jumped after Jared for the stupid comment he made.

It was okay though, he healed later.

"Wait" Leah suddenly freezes in her place, Alisha doing the same as she glanced around the room place, as if trying to find something. "I smell her"

"The leech?" Kim's voice rises, her hand holding on to Emily's tightly, as the woman gestures for them all to get closer.

"We need to get the boys" Emily spoke quickly, before they all heard a whooshing motion, and Leah's head snapped towards the front door.

"I'll shift, Alisha, stay here and on guard" Leah spoke with authority quickly, before she ran outside the door, the sound of ripping clothes reached the girls ears.

"I'm not sitting around" Riley suddenly spoke, reaching for her suitcase and she flipped it open, while the girls gasped at the contents. Riley shuffled through it and handed Kim a small gun, whilst Emily had a taser. "Hopefully it won't come to it, I'm going to help Leah"

"You can't" Emily shook her head quickly, Kim whimpering as her eyes were staring widely at the gun in her hands.

"I can" Riley sent the older woman a smile, pulling out another weapon, which seemed to be some kind of crossbow. "I'm much more better with hand to hand combat, but this one likes her running games"

Riley didn't say much more, telling the girls to stay safe before she set off to stand outside, looking for her friend that she couldn't abandon.

The wind was certainly higher than it usually was, which usually gestured that something was going to happen, something dramatic. Riley didn't like the idea of that. She suddenly wanted to be back at home, hiding under her favourite blanket from Sarah, she felt safe there.

But she couldn't sit back and have something happen to Leah.

"Leah?" Riley whispered, before she heard a whooshing motion nearby her, and she shot her crossbow behind her, the stops being caught by the red hairs vampire that they had all been hunting a few days before.

Riley's breathing hitched slightly as she met the gruesome Blood Red eyes that she seemed to be enjoying so much, her lips were taunting as she smirked at the small human, probably thinking her to be foolish. Riley almost laughed at the struggle that the whole hunt had caused them before, it didn't seem like that much effort now.

"You missed" Her voice unwillingly sent chills down Riley's spine, and Riley shook it off before letting a smile play on her lips.

"I know, but now they know where you are"

And at that, there was a loud growl, before a huge black wolf came running into the opening they seemed to be standing in. The red head flared at the girl, before she ran off, the pack chasing closely behind her.

Riley let out a shaky breathe as she finally lowered her crossbow, she was in for an earful.