XXII

"The Volturi are after Renesmee?" Riley gasped once she heard the news from Athena, and she instantly sat up from her place in Paul's bed, who was still unconscious with his arm firmly around her waist

"The Volturi are after Renesmee?" Riley gasped once she heard the news from Athena, and she instantly sat up from her place in Paul's bed, who was still unconscious with his arm firmly around her waist. "What the hell happened? How did they find out about her?"

"I don't know why you're acting so shocked, we always have shit happening to us. Anyway, The Cullen's family that live in...I cannot remember, one of them saw Renesmee catching a snowflake and now she's told the Volturi that she's an immortal child" Athena ranted on the other end as she ignored Emmett beside her.

"But, she's a half-blood or whatever we're going to call it, she's got blood running through her veins" Riley spoke quickly, before she brushed Paul's arm away from her and stood up from the warm bed, deciding to walk into the living room so she didn't wake him up, once the door was shut she spoke again. "They have no evidence apart from her catching a snowflake, how is that enough to murder all of them?"

"Beats me, anyway, we're all deciding on what to do and I think we're going to end up dragging in some allies which means...." Athena trailed off as Riley glanced at the bedroom door.

"The Wolves" Riley breathed out before she nodded, "alright, we'll set up a meeting or whatever but first things first, I need to dig up some stuff about Renesmee, surely this has happened before"

"But it's unheard of, nobody has ever seen anything like this" Athena disagreed, making Riley snort.

"Nobody had heard of shifters or vampires until two years ago, or even witches" Riley replied smoothly, only to be replied with a scoff. "I'm going for research what I can about this, you guys just focus on gaining allies or something"

"Will do, Riles." Athena hummed, "also, I think Renesmee wants you, she's really scared because she has no idea what's going on"

"Okay, I'll leave Paul a note and then I'll be on my way" Riley promised.

Riley gasped when a child came running towards her, her niece had grown again and she looked beautiful

Riley gasped when a child came running towards her, her niece had grown again and she looked beautiful. (A/N: I'm picturing her as a child and not an iPhone) Riley caught the girl in her arms and held her close to her body. "Hi pumpkin, how are you?"

Renesmee lifted her hands up to hold the girls cheeks, making Riley smile gently as memories flashed through her mind. She kissed the girls head playfully before she decided to walk them both towards the house, giving Seth a wave as he stood on the porch with a protective eye on Renesmee.

"Hi Riley!" Seth greeted lightly, and Riley grinned, she was so happy that he had imprinted on her niece as she knew he'd keep her safe and happy.

"Alright, where is Carlisle?" Riley got down to business when she entered the room where the family where all sat/stood together, they looked over to her instantly, seeing Renesmee sat in her arms happily. "I've got some research to do"

"Riley" Bella breathed out, before she flashed over to her sister and daughter in a flash, taking them both into her arms gently. "Thank you for coming"

"You're all my family, Bells. Where else would I be?" Riley asked with a smile, that the others returned. "Although, I think Paul might kill me when he finds out I left him while a vampire kingdom has declared war on us all"

"Reasonable" Athena shrugged from in Emmett's arms, she was certain that he was just being clingy because of the whole Volturi thing that was going on. "What did you do anyway?"

"Erm" Riley boy her lip, "I left him a note saying 'Going to The Cullen's, there is another war coming, explain later' and then three kisses on the bed to try and sooth him over" Athena just shook her head at her cousins stupidity. "Oh well, there was no way he was going to stop me from helping you guys"