VIIII

Trying to keep the wolves at bay was extremely hard, they had no idea where Riley was all the time and it was beginning to annoy them

Trying to keep the wolves at bay was extremely hard, they had no idea where Riley was all the time and it was beginning to annoy them. Riley could tell. The main person Bella always wanted was her sister, as she was really emotional and cold, Riley was the perfect person as everyone else was....well dead, no offence to them.

Edward had shut Bella and the baby out, carrying a hatred for the worlds as he had complete given up on it all, he acted as though Bella was already dead, her sickly figure just a ghost wandering around the house.

Athena had found out a few days later that Bella was pregnant, and immediately began to put works together with Carlisle to come up with things to help the baby and Bella, she decided to support Bella as she noticed the amount of people against it. Even Alice...

The baby was slowly sucking away Bella's life and she looked as though she was fading, it was a horrible sight but Bella kept on fighting so she could keep her baby.

That, Riley admired more than anything in the world.

But, they had to figure out what was wrong with Bella and why the baby was taking out the life, Athena was loosing her patience slowly and time was running thin.

The worst fact of all is that Jake had found out, which lead Riley to wait patiently with Bella, knowing that Jake might go and tell the pack.It made her anxious as Paul was never going to forgive her for this, not that it was the most important thing on her mind. But, she never expected to be put in a position where she knew she'd have to pick her family over him.

"Bella, no matter what, they won't touch you or the baby" Athena states firmly, Bella feeling a pain on her side from the baby as Athena holds her hand over it, trying to calm the baby down.

"You have our full support and they won't touch you" Riley nodded surly, knowing that Jasper had a spare kit of some fighting gear in his room. "I won't let them, any of them"

"Anyways, I thought of something we could do for the baby" Athena says randomly, her hands dripping down from Bella's side as the baby stops. "We should be able to communicate"

"Communicate?" Riley repeats, "a link? Like when I was linked to Bella?"

"And I'll need to use you again" Athena admits sheepishly, "I won't be able to use a vampire as they aren't the living...plus, you're a blood relative so it's an easier connection."

"I'll do it" Riley agrees, Rosalie squeezing her shoulder as a small thanks after she answers, and Riley smiles up at her in return before she turns back to Athena. "I'll do anything for my family" And this had never been clearer to any of them.

There was a noise from outside the house that caused everyone to move into action, some staying inside as they others went to go check on it, watching as the wind outside began to blow in a twisted way and figured slowly crawled out of the darkness that was once seen as their beautiful surrounding, Athena had forced Riley behind her instantly.

"Jake?" Riley asked first, spotting some of her friends, before three other figures came out alongside him. "Leah? Alisha? Seth? What is going on?"

"We left" Jake started, and Riley gulped as she realised what had happened, before she smiled at the few who were there.

"Thank you for being here" And she meant it, this was going to get harder and they needed any hands they could get.

"Sam has lost the element of surprise and he doesn't want to take you on outnumbered, so he's not going to take you on head-on

"Sam has lost the element of surprise and he doesn't want to take you on outnumbered, so he's not going to take you on head-on. He's got the place surrounded and he'll wait for his opportunity" Jake informs as everyone as they sat/stood around together.

"They won't get through without a fight" Emmett stated firmly as he has his arms wrapped around Athena, trying to comfort her silently as her woke body was tense, she hadn't relaxed in days.

"No fights, we won't be the one who breaks the treaty" Carlisle says, turning his head back to Jake.

"The treaty is void, at least in Sam's mind" Jake concludes, and Riley holds on to his hand tighter, being the one who was sat down next to him.

"Not in ours" Esme responds.

"Carlisle, no ones hunted for weeks" Emmett states, stepping forward as he glanced at Edward, who meets his eyes momentarily.

"We'll make do" Esme resorts quickly, turning around to her adoptive son and it goes silent for a moment as everyone was unsure of what to do.

"We can arrange something later" Athena concluded as she steps forwards and pulls Emmett back again, trying to sooth him this time.

"You've done us a great service Jacob, thank you" Carlisle says to Jake, who nods in return, wishing he could do more.

"Does he know that I knew?" Riley finally asks as they stand under the stars, staring out int to the forests abyss, wolves watching over them for the right moment of weakness, Leah looking around on guard, Riley had come with some weapons just in ...

"Does he know that I knew?" Riley finally asks as they stand under the stars, staring out int to the forests abyss, wolves watching over them for the right moment of weakness, Leah looking around on guard, Riley had come with some weapons just in case.

"Yes, he feels betrayed" Leah responded sharply, before she notices the hurt look on Riley's face. "It doesn't matter though, because after this, we're going to win and prove them all wrong"

"We always do" Riley smiles, the first Leah had seen since she came back. "So, they're really watching us right now?"

"Yeah" Leah answers honestly, her eyes watching the trees around them again. "I heard that your going to go under some stupid spell and talk to the baby"

"I'll be the first one to speak to the baby" Riley grins, "I'm just happy that Bella gets the chance, she always wanted a family when we were growing up and she was willing to throw it away if it meant she could be with Edward"

"Would you want one?" Leah asks, keeping the conversation going.

"I don't think I will at this point" Riley jokes, "Paul won't look at me, and I won't leave my family"

"I can't even imagine the place you're in" Leah admits, tilting her short-haired head towards the girl beside her. "How you must be feeling with all this"

"It's not me I'm worried about" Riley spoke back softly as she turned to the trees, Leah seemed confused slightly by her action and turned to face the deep woods. "The moment of weakness they're after....it's when my sister dies and we will have to do anything in that moment to keep my niece or nephew safe, no matter who the enemy is"