XII

Riley didn't know what was worse in her current situation, the fact that she found herself at Emily's in an awkward silence, or the fact that the boys were almost all hunting after Victoria--a red headed vampire that was after Bella.

Riley was sat down opposite Emily and Jake when she suddenly grabbed her chest with a gasp, the other two made their way to her side quickly, the girl face red as se felt her lungs filling with something imaginary.

"Something's wrong with Bella" Riley finally gasped out, and Jacob stood up abruptly and ran out of the house in such speed that hurt Riley's eyes, knowing he could find her scent Riley calmed down momentarily, Emily remained by the girls side, soothing her back when she began to cough.

Water spewed out of Riley's mouth and she almost groaned at the feeling of salty waters. Emily, on the other hand, panicked when she saw the water. "Oh my God! What's happening?"

"Athena found a-a book from her grandmother and.." She stopped when more water spilled out of her mouth, Emily wiping her mouth quickly to try and help. "It's a spell book of some sort, and, well, she linked me to Bella"

"She did what?!" Emily exclaimed, before Riley let out water. "Riley, you're practically an ice cube...where is your sister"

"The cliff, I think" Riley guessed, her body shivering as she hoped Jacob found Bella soon, Emily returned shortly with some blankets, wrapping the girl up like a burrito.

"What's going on here?" A voice of confusion cut in, and the shivering Riley glanced back to see Embry, before she spurted up more water onto the floor, causing Embry's nose to scrunch up in disgust.

"She's linked to Bella" Emily explained shortly, rubbing the girls back as another two joined the party. "One of you come warm her up"

Before Jared had a chance to walked over with his usual smirk, Paul silently walked over to the girl and embraced her into his arms, Riley returning the hug with her petite arms wrapping around his muscular body.

"Wait" Riley suddenly spoke, standing back from Paul and looking down at her hands that were no longer shaking, "Jake found her"

"What are you guys doing back here?" Emily suddenly frowned towards the boys, noticing that her wolf wasn't standing there with them.

"Somethings happened" Embry briefly stated, seeming sorrow all of a sudden and Riley's heart dropped in the next sentence. "Harry Clearwater is dead"

"I'm fine to walk, Paul" Riley complained as Paul carried her out of the truck and towards the Clearwater's household, he hadn't moved his eyes away from her for one second

"Next time, don't link yourself to your sister" Paul sent her a look as he spoke back, and she rolled her eyes before giving in to leaning against his warm chest. "We're here"

Riley slid out of Paul's arms—to both of their dismay—before she dashed towards a familiar face, "dad!"

Charlie opened his arms widely to his daughter, who immediately began to sniffle into his shoulder when he had hugged her.

"Dad, I'm so sorry" Riley frowned on her fathers shoulder, knowing she saw his red eyes before she hugged him.

"I need to—I need to see Sue" Her father mumbled to her, and she nodded, pulling back and pressing a kiss to his cheek quickly.

"I'll go check on Leah and Seth" Riley promised, turning around to walk over to Paul again, who held his hand out to her to grab.

Riley grabbed the hand with a blush before Paul began to tug her to the trees at the back of the house, which seemed to confuse Riley until she saw two unknown wolves, on more feminine and the other smaller—as though it was younger.

"Leah? Seth?" Riley quizzed when she saw the wolves, their heads instantly snapping over to her figure, her eyes softened as she looked at the both of them.

"Paul, get Riley away" Sam commanded to his beta, who went to nod, only to be cut off by Leah sending Sam a threatening growl at the statement.

"Leah, it's okay" Riley soothed from her place, Paul making sure to stand directly in front of her. "Whatever happened, it wasn't your fault. We just need you to calm down and help your mom and Seth, okay? Can you guys calm down for me?"

Their was a small shifting sound, before they heard a young voice groaning and clothes being throw towards the newly shifted wolves, Leah grumbling something under her breathe as Paul still stood in Riley's way.

Riley pushed Paul aside and ran over to hug the Clearwater's into a group hug, that Seth returned quickly and Leah slowly caved into. "It's okay, we're here for you"