IV

"Okay, so, if I win

"Okay, so, if I win..I get the last portion of popcorn, if not, then you get it" Athena explained as she sat on the couch next to Embry, Quil and Jacob had already placed a bet on who they thought would win the battle for popcorn.

"Deal" Embry agreed as he sent her a slight glare, and they both held their hands out before wrapping their fingers around each other's, their thumbs in the air.

"One, two, three, four...I declare a thumb war!" Riley chanted as she played referee, seeming as Jacob and Quil would use the position to their advantage so they could win a stupid bet.

Quil began to shoot at Embry when the boy was struggling, Jacob laughing at the fact that Athena seemed to be winning, Riley just watched their thumbs closely until Athena's ended up on top.

Quil groaned as he handed Jacob ten dollars, Jacob wearing a huge grin on his face as Athena began to walk over to the last portion, a laugh etching her face as she began to sing about it, only causing Embry to sulk even more.

"What the hell Embry! You've had a massive growth spurt and you're full of muscles! How the heck did you let her beat you!" Quil grumbled you the loser, Riley sending the boy a sympathetic smile as she took her original place next to Jacob, who wrapped his arm around her shoulders in a friendly manor.

Over the past few months as Bella had basically dropped everyone in her life, save for Riley on the few times where she needed a comforting company, Jacob had seemed to take Riley under his wing as her new best friend.

Their relationship was extremely platonic and nobody ever questioned its nature or anything, as they knew that they would never date.

"I got movie tonight" Riley reminded as she snuggled into the boy further, Jacob groaning slightly as he knew it would most likely be a chic flick, seeing as Athena never watched them with Riley, Jacob was sacrificed. "I was thinking 'My Girl' but apparently it's really sad, so, grab your pillows and ice cream"

"I don't cry" Jacob disagreed stubbornly, Embry and Athena rolling their eyes as they knew he was lying, whereas Quil just nodded along silently.

"You cried at freaky Friday" Riley furrowed her eyebrows at the boy, tilting her head so she could meet his eyes.

"Yeah! Because it was beautiful how they mended their relationship in the end!" Jacob defended, his cheeks turning pink as he realised he only made the situation worse for himself, Athena began cackling as she finally shared some of her popcorn with Embry, where they watched the two best friends argue over crying.

"It's okay Jacob, you have a feminine side" Riley smiled gently, "ooh! I brought my face masks that you like, and the moisturiser!"

Jacob his his blushing face in Riley's hair as the others began to laugh again, Riley's eyebrows furrowing in confusion as they continued their laughter at Jacobs state, what was wrong with him liking face masks and girly movies?

"Go away" Jacob groaned at the strange group of friends, waving his arms at them, embarrassed enough at the situation.

But, they only seemed to laugh harder at him as Riley continued her confused face.

"Does that mean I shouldn't tell them about how you do my hair?" Riley quizzed, Athena beginning to choke as she heard that sentence. "Whatever you guys, at least Jacob it relationship worthy, Quil took his cousin to prom!"

Then, the attention went from Jacob to Quil, who looked sheepish under the laughter, which caused Riley to apologise to him multiple times as Jacob only seemed to thank her.