V

After the phone call from their mother, Bella has her mind set on confronting Edward Cullen, she even waited by the truck to see if he would pull up with his family, but he never showed

Bella made sure to keep an eye out for him every single day that he wasn't there, and she took notice of how strange his disappearance was.

Riley was more concerned about her sisters wellbeing, after all she didn't know the guy in the slightest.

Riley let out a small giggle when Bella fell onto her ass because of the ice, she couldn't help it, even if she tried to fight it.

Charlie rushes forward to help her up quickly, "you all right?"

"Yeah, I'm good" Bella let out as she finally stood a table again, Riley reaches forward and linked her arm with Bella's, trying to balance it out. "I've doesn't really help being uncoordinated"

"Yeah" Charlie agreed as Riley pulled away from Bella and moved towards the passengers seat. "That's why I had some new tires put in the truck, old ones were getting pretty bald"

Riley smiled over at her father, he seemed to be really trying to let the girls feel at home here.

"Well, probably be late for dinner. I gotta head down to Mason County" Their dad states, and Riley's eyes widen, Charlie missing food? "Security guard still the Grisham Mill got killed by some kind of animal."

"An animal?" Bella repeated in confusion as she watched their dad walk forwards to his own car, it seemed unusual to the both of them.

"You're not in Phoenix anymore, Bells." He stated and Riley frowned, "anyway, I figured I'd lend a hand."

"Be careful" The two swan daughters spike in unison, Riley more worried than her sister.

"Always am" is how Charlie responded, and Riley glances over to her sister to see her take on this, but she seemed to be in her usual mask.

•·•·•·•·•·•·•·•·•·•☾ ♡ ☽•·•·•·•·•·•·•·•·•·•

Riley tugged her coat closer as though to try and keep herself away from everybody, she hated crowds and her sister was currently in a different class, while she had a free period.

She had decided to go to the library, as it would be secluded and quiet, meaning she could go inside and do as she wished, within reason that is...

When she arrived at the library she felt more at home with herself, it seemed to be radiating with all the different shelves and books, kit forgetting about how there was an actual fireplace, which was kind of boarded up so nobody could step near it.

But, it was perfect, for her at least.

She slumped down in one of the seats, at a small wooden table in the corner, before she decided to place down her things and shake off her jacket.

She wandered around the shelves for something she liked, although her favourite books were mainly on her bookshelves back at her mom's house, but there was no harm in looking around.

"Quileute Legends" She spoke as her hand shifted down the spine of one of the books, she picked up the blue and battered book before she looked down at it with a frown.

She swore that Sarah used to read these stories to her, but this didn't seem like a fairytale novel, it seemed as though it was full on facts, it was even in the 'history' isle.

Riley took the book with her to the nice and old librarian, who smiled once she realised there was a student in there.

"How can I help you dear?" She asked, a dirk etching onto her face as she looked down at the book int the students hand.

"I-I was wandering if I could take this book home? I don't know if it's the same as Phoenix..." Riley tried to explain calmly, and the woman laughed her off before gesturing for her to hand over the book.

"This isn't one of the library's" the librarian quickly said, as she analyses the book, she handed it back to Riley and sent her a wink. "But, since the owner left it, there's no harm in you borrowing it"

Riley nodded before she held the book closely to her and waved the librarian goodbye, her Math class should be starting soon and she wouldn't want to be late to that.

So, she ran over to her things and forced her new book into her bag before she ran out of the library with all her things, just in time for the bell to ring.

•·•·•·•·•·•·•·•·•·•☾ ♡ ☽•·•·•·•·•·•·•·•·•·•

Bella walked over slowly to where her sister was sat inside the trucks trunk, happily reading away with her Macbeth novel.

"Hi, Bells. Was today any better?" She greeted her sister with a kind smile, as she tucked her book away into her bag, placed it into her shoulders before she jumped out of the trunk.

"I guess so" Bella muttered before she glanced over to the other side of the car park, Riley tried to follow her gaze, but too many people stood in the way.

Bella turned and placed one of her ear phones in, so she could listened to some music and listen to Riley at the same time.

"I found, the library today! It was amazing! You have to visit it some time, there was so many books in there that Phoenix wish it had!" Riley saunters on, not mentioning the book the was currently in her bag, it was kinda personal to her as it reminded her of Sarah. "Is that an onion?"

Before Bella could answer the question, Tyler's can came spinning around the corner without any control whatsoever.

Athena quickly rushed over to the Swans, running as fast as she could the them so she could drag them away, she pulled Riley behind the Fiery orange truck and hoped that Bella was safe as she held Riley close to her body.

There was a loud bang and then people were suddenly running over to the truck, shouting the Swan's names.

"I'm so sorry, girls, I tried to-" Tyler was apologising as Athena helped Riley over to where Bella was, making sure she wasn't near the people.

•·•·•·•·•·•·•·•·•·•☾ ♡ ☽•·•·•·•·•·•·•·•·•·•

Athena and Riley were sat down together holding hands, more for Riley's sake than anything else, they were currently in the waiting room for Bella.

Charlie has already arrived and it's the girls that he'd check up on her, but that didn't settle Riley's nerves.

The girls then heard harsh whispers and Athena looked over to see some of the Cullens arguing outside of Carlisle's office.

But, Riley paid no attention as her eyes were in the door that lead to where Bella was.

"Hey, Bella is the clumsiest person we know" Athena tried to help Riley as she shook and squeezed her hand. "Remember when she fell off the ladder? And then the stairs?"

Riley let out a small laugh, she could still picture it to this day, Bella trying to reach something up high and then from that day on their mother has banned her from using ladders for all eternity.

"How many stitches did she get in her leg again?" Athena asked with a small laugh.

"Twenty-eight" Riley recalled, "she also had to wear that hot pink cast on her left arm for six weeks, because mom picked out the colour"

"She hated it" Athena added on with a huge laugh, causing Riley to join in before they were disrupted by Charlie and Bella coming through the door.