IV

"Okay, where did you even get that gun from?" Athena whispered harshly over to Riley, who held a shotgun up in her hands, aiming it around to wherever she heard an abnormal sound

Athena whispered harshly over to Riley, who held a shotgun up in her hands, aiming it around to wherever she heard an abnormal sound.

"My dad, he gave me one for my own protection, that and pepper spray" Riley replied in a low tone, not wanting to set off anyone's radar, letting them now that they were where they weren't supposed to be.

"Of course he did" Athena scoffed, pushing a branch away from her face in a mood. "Why did you insist that we walk along the stupid lake, there's so many bushes around here"

They were on the edge of the lake, wanting to be out of sight from anything that may attack them—or want to drag them away to safety. It was dark outside and the silence was becoming eery to the pair that had been out for over an hour. Riley was just happy that she put on one of her dads jacket on top of her stealth outfit, even if it did ruin the whole plan of being in all black.

"Victoria will most likely jump between territory's, knowing it'll annoy both sides, this is apart of the line that separates them." Riley states, and Athena turns around to her smartass cousin with an unrecognisable look. "What?"

"Just don't let any of the others tell you that you shouldn't be involved" Athena shook her head slightly, turning back to observe around them. "Just cause your human, doesn't mean your useless. I mean, you're that smart that you figured out what they are and the location of where Victoria will be—you should be proud. Especially because you're going to finish High School earlier"

"We don't know that yet" Riley said doubtfully, and Athena rolled her eyes.

"You'll get into University before me at this rate" Athena scoffed, before her senses picked up on something her and her breathing hitched, causing the pair to freed in their places as they held their weapons at the ready.

Athena's hands were in the air as they walked forward, prepared to throw anything at what attacked them. Riley held her gun her as she got the trigger in place to pull, her finger lingering at the go.

"We need to move" Athena instructs out loud, and the pair begin to walk a little faster than they were before, wandering past all the bug trees and bushes, Athena pushing them away with magic as they managed to travel through.

"Oh my god" Riley opened her mouth as she caught sight of the scene in front of her.

Athena immediately placed a spell on the pair of them, allowing them to move faster than the average human—and they chased after the others quickly, wanting to make it to Victoria so they could put her down.

Victoria jumped in-between the territory's—as Riley thought would happen, even managing to hurt one of the wolves as she went.

Athena went to run further, only for Riley to hold onto her arm so that the others weren't alarmed of their presence , and Athena nodded wordlessly.

Victoria had the chance to jump again, only for Emmett to attempt to jump over to the other side with her, his rage gaining the better of him as everyone else seemed to pause in their place—Paul jumping to get in the way of Emmett immediately.

"Emmett, no!" Rosalie screamed out as she stopped running, and the boys freezed in their places in mid air, inflicting confusion.

"She got away" Athena cursed as she had her hands held in the air, and the wolves looked to their side to see the two that had suddenly appeared at the scene.

"Let her, we can get her later" Riley shakes off, before she instructed Athena to dropped the boys with a slight nod to the head.

Athena scowled at the two she held with her magic, before she flung them over to their own territory's, where they were checked over. They had certainly just given themselves away, they were most likely in trouble.

"Thanks for not running off after to her" Riley sent Athena a smile, and Athena shook her head as if to say it was nothing. Riley the spun her head around to the others, who were glaring at the other side, forgetting that the girls were there. "What the hell were you all thinking?! Victoria is killing people—she has killed people. And you think it's the perfect time to let and extremely old rivalry get in the way?! This is all about the greater good, you should set aside your differences until this is over"