X

"Ditching the leech lover for us already? I feel the love" Embry comments the second Jake is far away, and Riley scoffed at him, pushing his arm off her shoulder as she looks down at her muffin

"I'll have you know, you don't 'read each other's minds' you can only few what they project, which is usually thoughts. If you're smart enough, you can hide things" Riley corrects Embry from his comment from earlier, and he tilts his head. "Plus, you can only do it when you phase, and I believe it's called a mind-link"

Jared let out a small 'whoop' before he began to chuckle lightly, "damn, I like this girl, you should stick around"

Riley just took another bite of her muffin to avoid any eye contact with the person who seemed to be staring at her with a heated gaze, that she could practically feel.

"So, what else do you know then?" Embry quizzed curiously, wanting to know more. "Cause I thought your sister was the one involved with the leeches and such"

"I'm not an idiot, I knew my sister was dating a vampire" Riley stated, "I knew that my best friend was one"

"You had a best friend before Jake?" Embry asked in shock, causing Riley to punch him in the shoulder with her left arm, seeing as her right had just been wrapped up.

"Yes, you idiot. Jasper Hale, the one who looks like he's in pain?" Riley reminded, and the figure closest to her froze up at the mention of him, "strangely enough, that big monkey guy Emmett, was obsessed with my cousin, like, he would always watch her"

Riley shivered lightly as the memories came back, before she watched Emily and Sam, who seemed to be in their own world together and her heart ached as it pleaded for something it never even thought about before.

"Does this mean you'll continue the Saturday night sleepovers?" Embry questioned her again, and she began to feel annoyed with him slightly. "I want another photo with Jake and a disney princess face mask"

Jared let out a huge laugh as Paul cracked a smile, which made Riley feel as though she had accomplished something.

"Don't laugh too much, Jared. We may need another person to try one on" Riley warned playfully, causing him to stop laughing and for her and Embry to join in a laughter, her muffin ending up on the table as she held her stomach instead.

Paul was in awe with his imprint, and his eyes just couldn't look away from her. Jake had only seemed to bite him more when they were fighting earlier, when he had seen that Paul had imprinted, after all, Jake was like her brother. But, Paul only seemed to calm down when Sam had suggested seeing her again, and now here he was examining the way her adorable looking dimples showed up as she laughed with Embry over something completely stupid-to him- but seeing her happy made him crack a smile.

Everything Sam had droned on and on about when he imprinted on Emily, didn't seem cringe anymore, it just seemed...to be very heart warming, and a goal. He hoped that he would be as close as they are at some point, he wanted to embrace Riley every chance he got, and scatter kisses all over her face as she let out her adorable giggle.

He was already deeply involved in her, and she didn't have a clue that he was already prepared to hand over his heart.

Paul stopped smiling for a second when her eyes had turned to him mid-laughing, and their eyes connected all over again, and he smiled at her when he could tell she felt it too, the blush that spread through her cheeks only proved it further.