XV

Riley had woken up to a screaming, and she sighed of relief when she realised it was her sister.

She had to remove Jake and Athena's arms and legs away from her before she crawled out of her room and into Bella's, who was whimpering and shouting in her sleep. "Stop it, stop!"

As she woke up, Edward had been there holding her hand, and Riley sighed as she saw her sister calm down.

"You can sleep" Edward softly told her, and Riley decided to stay in the doorway to see what would happen. "I'll still be here when you wake up. Bella, the only reason I left, was because I thought I was protecting you. I need to you to have a chance at a normal life, a happy life."

"It was easy for you to leave"

Edwards shook his head, "leaving you was the hardest thing I've done in a hundred years. I swear, I will never let you fall again. I'm so sorry"

Bella seemingly fell asleep after Edwards's comforting words, and Riley walked in more, Edward's eyes still on Bella's figure.

"Hey, Edward" Riley smiled.

"Hi, Riley" Edward greeted back, finally looking away from Bella. "I could hear your thoughts"

"Athena linked us" Riley explained shortly, before she surprisingly stepped forward and hugged him tightly. "I'm so glad you're all okay"

Edward let out a small sigh that sounded more that a laugh, before he hugged her back tightly, realising how tired she was from her thoughts, so he pulled back with a certain look. "You, need some sleep."

"We we're having a moment" Riley returned, sighing slightly before she nodded and began to leave the room, turning back to say. "Athena's going to kill you"

"I know" was the last thing she heard him say, before she closed the door and retreated to where there were two heavy sleepers in her bed.

A few nights after, Riley was invited to the Cullen's house by Bella and Edward, although she didn't understand why.

Riley had fought with both Athena and Jacob about going over to the Cullen's, as neither trusted the 'blood suckers' and believed they were going to turn Bella soon, which Riley hated the idea of but she hadn't spoken to anyone about it.

It was Bella's choice after all.

After many arguments with the pair, they decided that Athena had to go with them, since she had been practicing her 'magic' which still creeped everyone out, mainly Athena since she almost killed one cousin cause the other one was basically suicidal.

"Edward" Athena gave the vampire a tight smile when she caught sight of him, knowing very well that she couldn't do anything in current times in front of Riley.

"Athena" Edward nodded back, Bella at his side, clinging to his hand as she glanced between her boyfriend and her cousin.

Athena had to fight off every urge to make Edward be set on fire, which had irritated her the whole car ride there, never mind standing in front of him.

"I want to see Jasper" Riley grinned, her arm looped with Athena's as she was practically bouncing in her place, oblivious to the tension in the room.

"There in the main room, we're just about to start" Edward informed them, gesturing for them to go before him, and Athena glared at him as Riley began to tug her along.

When she reached the top of the stairs, she gasped as she caught sight of her blonde best friend. "Jas!"

She ran into his arms, and he caught her with a laugh, giving her a small spin before placing her down on her feet and smiling down at her excited face, he always loved the emotions she was feeling as they were always comforting. "Hello, ma'am"

Riley let out a giggle, before being tackled by Alice. "Ali!" She shouted before hugging her back, Athena standing behind them awkwardly as she felt familiar eyes on her again. "We have so much catching up to—there was a total blah phase in my fashion, before I decided on the comforting autumn vibe one. Oh—Athena is like, a witch or something now. I was linked to Bella! We met wolves! It was amazing!"

"That's where that wet dog smell came from" Emmett commented, Rosalie scrunching her nose beside him as Thomas had his arm wrapped around her.

Alice was stood with the mystery tanned boy, who Riley had yet to know the name of. Esme and Carlisle—whom she hadn't really met before—where stood together with warm smiles, she could tell they were great parents, if they weren't actually parents.

"I hung out with Jake today" Riley admits, glancing over at Athena, who walked forward to take her hand. "And Athena, we've become like a trio"

"Cause Jake and I are always looking after you" Athena countered, actually warming up to the room slightly better, before it was replaced with a scowl as she noticed Bella and Edward walk down the stairs.

"You all know what I want" Bella states, Athena's grip on Riley's hand seemed to increase, the younger girl cringing slightly. "And I know how much I'm asking for. The only thing that I can think of for it to be fair, is to just vote."

Edward tried to speak, but Bella quickly told him to shut up as Alice smiled softly at the pair, the mystery guys arms wrapped around her.

"Alice?" Bella started, Alice walked forward to give her a hug.

"I already consider you my sister" They had a few seconds before she pulled back with a grin, "yes, same with Jaxon"

"I vote yes" Jasper said, "it would be nice to not want to kill you all the time"

At his struggle, Riley grabbed his hand with her spare one and gave it a squeeze, which he softly returned before they looked back.

"I'm sorry, I'm really sorry to both of you how I've acted" Rosalie chose to speak next, sympathy in her tone. "And I'm really grateful that you were brave enough to go and save my brother. But this isn't a life I would have chosen for myself and I wish there had been someone to vote no for me. So, no"

Thomas seemed to hug her closer at that, her head cradling into his chest as he did so, and Riley almost awed at the sight. "I vote no, with Rosa"

"I vote, hell yeah" Emmett smirked, picking Bella up and twirling her around quickly. "And we can pick a fight with these Volturi some other way"

"I already consider you apart of the family. Yes." Esme smiled, Athena sucked in her breathe next to Riley.

Carlisle walked forward next, his eyes mainly focused on his son who stood on the stars with a painful expression. "Why are you doing this to me? You know what this means"

"You've chosen not to live without her, which leaves me no choice. I won't lose my son." Carlisle states, settling back beside his wife soon after.

"Athena? Riley?" Bella turned to her cousin and sister, a hopeful expression across her face and eyes.

Athena finally let go of her breathe with a small scoff, and she let go of the death grip on torus hand and walked over to Bella, analysing her face closely before she shook her head in disbelief and stormed out of the room.

Riley made her move to go after, only for Emmett to put his arm out. "I'll go make sure she's okay"

After Emmett had left, Bella maintained her eyes on her sister. "Riley?"

Jasper grabbed Riley's hand in support, "well, I saw you when he was gone and I also see you when he's here, you've chosen that you can't live without him either. I must respect the choices you make, as you are no longer happy with just us—you're family—I will respect it, but I will not like it. I wouldn't chose this either, so therefore I'm not going to vote"