Chapter 41

*Slight time skip to beginning of Senior year, the triplets are about 5 months old now.*

Cal sits on the hood of the jeep as Scott and Stiles talk about where they are going to live while at college

Cal sits on the hood of the jeep as Scott and Stiles talk about where they are going to live while at college. "All right, so I found some cool two bedrooms in the Mission District, but they're pretty expensive. A couple in Haight and Ashbury. Also expensive." Stiles tells Scott. "What about Berkeley? Don't a lot of students live around there?" Scott asks him. "Yeah, yeah, we could try Nob Hill. But, the Jeep would probably burn through a lot of clutches." Stiles explains. "You're bringing the Jeep?" Scott asks making Cal smile. "You know the plan, okay. No one gets left behind. That's the plan. Lydia's not gonna have a problem getting into Stanford. Kira's thinking USF. Cal is taking a gap year with Ethan, Jackson, Aiden, Isaac and Louise. Cora is going to stay here and visit us every now and then. Malia's, uh, gonna, you know, she'll figure something out, okay. The plan's perfect." Stiles rambles making Cal nod. "Or we could also wait until we actually get into college and then figure out where to live." Scott suggests. "I have a vision, dude. Okay? And it is a beautiful vision. Don't ruin the vision. Okay, we can check out the East Bay. Haven't looked at Oakland yet, you know." Stiles tells him.

Cal looks up at the full moon with Scott and thinks about the year that's ahead of them. "You're all right? You're starting to feel it?" Stiles asks them. "No. Just thinking." Cal responds making Scott nod. "About what? Senior year." Cal tells him. "Senior year, come on, that's, that's... That's nothing. That's going to be easy." Stoles tells him making Cal shrug. Scott sighs I've been thinking about it too. It's more like something Deaton told me once. You ever hear of regression to the mean?" Scott asks them. "No, I don't think so." Stiles responds. "It was his way of saying that life can't ever be all bad or all good. You know, eventually things have to come back to the middle. So, think about the last few months. Things have been good, right?" Scott asks. "But not amazing." Cal adds. "Yeah, but no one's tried to kill us in six months either." Stiles points out. "Right. We've been pretty much in the middle for a while. Which means, at some point, the scale has to tip one way or the other. Things are gonna get really good again..." Scott trails off. "Or really bad." Cal finishes.

Stiles sighs "Think it's been long enough?" he asks. "Yes!" Liam shouts over from the tree they had chained him to. "Hey. Trying to have an adult conversation over here." Stiles tells him. "All right, you're two years older than me. Well Cal is the same age as me. And I'm fine. Just let me go." Liam says as they walk over. Cal starts undoing the chains as they talk "It's not that we don't trust you." Scott starts. "It's that I don't trust you." Stiles cuts in. "But after that last full moon..." Cal trails off. "It was one slip up."Liam tells them trying to defend himself. "Slip up? A dozen calls to the Sheriff's Department about a "monstrous dog-boy" running around the streets of Beacon Hills naked." That's a slip up?" Stiles asks making Cal chuckle. "Why were you naked?" he asks his friend. "It was really hot out that night, okay. Let me go." Liam groans. "You sure you're okay?" Scott asks. "It won't happen again." Liam promises. "You're in complete and total control?" Cal asks. "Yeah. Complete and total." Liam nods as they jump in the jeep.  "Come on we're meeting everyone at midnight." Cal reminds his brother as they start driving.