Chapter 21

Cal lies in bed snuggled between Ethan and Jackson when the light suddenly turns on. "Guys get up!" Aiden tells. "Hmm what? Why?" Ethan asks. Lydia walks in the room "It's Stiles." she tells them worried. Immeadietly Cal gets up and dressed, before running across the road to his old house.

Cal runs up and into Stiles' room to find, his room covered in red string and Scott with Isaac

Cal runs up and into Stiles' room to find, his room covered in red string and Scott with Isaac. The others appear mome ts after him. "How did you know? Did he call you too?" Scott asks. "I heard it." Lydia tells them. "Don't ask. It gets more confusing when you ask." Aiden tells them. "Not as confusing as this. He uses red for unsolved cases." Cal tells them pointing at the string. "Maybe he thinks he's part of an unsolved case?" Jackson suggests. "Or is an unsolved case." Aiden adds. "Hold on. Is he still out there? You don't know where he is?" Cal asks Scott. "He said he was in an industrial basement somewhere. We came here to get a better scent." he tells him. "What else did he say?" Cal questions. "Something's wrong with his leg. It's bleeding. And he's freezing." Scott explains. "Tonight's the coldest night of the year. It's going to drop into the 20s." Aiden says worried.

"What did dad say?" Cal asks. "We kind of We didn't tell him yet." Scott admits. "Stiles is bleeding and freezing and you didn't call dad?" Cal asks unbelievingly. "He made me promise not to. We can find him by scent. If he was sleepwalking he couldn't have gotten far, right?" "You didn't notice his Jeep is gone, did you?" Ethan asks. "You promised you wouldn't call his dad. I didn't." Lydia says getting her phone out. "Wait, Lydia, hold on. I can get more help. I can call Derek, Allison Everyone except for the cops." Scott tells her. "Great idea. You guys remember she gets these feelings when someone's about to die, right?" Cal shouts. Ethan grabs Cal and pulls him into his chest. "Breath baby." he whispers. Cal nods and breaths as Ethan let's go.

"You don't have to call his dad. It's five minutes to the station." Scott sighs. "We'll catch up." Lydia tells him. "What? Why?" "There's something here." "Yeah. Evidence of total insanity." Isaac says. Cal glares but doesn't say anything. "We can figure out what's wrong with him after we find a way to keep him from freezing to death." Scott tells her. "Go. We'll be right behind you." Lydia says. Before Cal walks out the room Lydia pulls him in for a hug. "We'll find him." she tells him. Cal nods sadly before walking out to Jackson's car.

Cal sits in the station niggling his leg up and down. "Cal I want you to go back to yours with Jackson and Ethan." his dad tells him. "Why?" he asks. "You aren't in the right headapace right now okay. I don't want anything happening to you. Just go home and I'll call as soon as we've found him." Noah tells his youngest. Cal nods and hugs his father "I don't want to loose someone else dad." he cries. Noah hugs him tighter "We're not going to loose him." he tells Cal before pulling away. Ethan moves forward and holds Cal's hand. "Let's go home baby." he tells him. Cal nods and let's Ethan lead him to the car.

Cal flops onto the bed and pulls a blanket up round himself like a cacoon. Ethan and Jackson watch him worried. "I'm going to get Lou." Ethan says making Jackson nod and go over to their mate. Jackson getlt starts stroking Cal's hair making Cal snuggle closer to him. A couple minutes later Ethan walks in with Louise. Sighing when she sees him Louise climbs onto the bed and pulls Cal into her. Immeadietly Cal breaks down crying. Looking at the older boys Louise smiles sadly. "Go get him some tissues and something that smells like Stiles." she tells them.

After a couple of hours Jackson's phone starts ringing. He gets up and walks into the hallway to answer it. A minute later he walks back in. "That was Scott. They've found Stiles. He's fine but doesn't remember anything. It was like a dream to him. They're keeping him in the hospital over night and you can see him tomorrow." Jackson explains. Cal smiles and nods. "You aren't going to school tomorrow." Louise tells Cal. Cal goes to protest but Louise gives him a look "No arguments. You know what you get like. Now get some sleep it's late." she tells him kissing his forehead. Cal sighs and snuggles down into his pillow. Ethan and Jackson both hug him tightly making him smile as he drifts off to sleep.

The next morning Cal wakes up in an empty bed and the smell of bacon. He softly smiles and heads downstairs to find Jackson cooking with Ethan and Louise watching. "Where's Aiden?" he asks letting his presence known. "At school. He wanted to check on Lyds." Louise tells him. Nodding Cal sits at the island and leans on Ethan's shoulder. "Still sleepy?" Ethan asks. Cal nods and hums a little making the other three laugh. Just then the door bell goes "I'll get it." Louise smiles. Jumping up she goes to the door and let's the visitor in.

Cal looks up and sees that it's his dad. "Hey dad." he smiles slightly. "Son." Noah smiles. "Hey Sheriff. We've got bacon if you'd like some." Jackson tells Noah. "I think I will. Thank you Jackson." Noah tells the teen. Nodding Jackson butters another couple of slices of bread. Noah sits down opposite Cal and next to Louise. "You know what? You've done a really good job on this place." Noah tells his son. "Thanks dad." Cal smiles. Just then Jackson starts handing out the bacon sandwiches. "Mmh. Jackson I love you so much right now." Louise tells him as she takes a bite of her sandwich. "Let me guess you've got chocolate spread in it?" Cal asks. Laughing Louise nods and shows him "It's good." she tells him making everyone laugh.

After everyone has eaten Cal runs upstairs and gets dressed. Once dressed he rushes downstairs and flops onto the sofa next to Louise. Putting his head on her legs he smiles up at her and snuggles into her stomach listening to the babies heartbeats. Louise smiles at the way he snuggles closer to them automatically. Ethan and Jackson smile fondly at their mate as he seeks comfort for Louise and the triplets.

That evening Cal hoes to the hospital with Noah, Jackson and Ethan

That evening Cal hoes to the hospital with Noah, Jackson and Ethan. Louise decided to stay at home and invite Cora round. Cal goes into the MRI scanner room with Scott to stand with Stiles. "Okay. Stiles, just to warn you, you're going to hear a lot of noise during the MRI. It's due to pulses of electricity going through metal coils inside the machine. Uh, if you want we can get you earplugs or headphones." the doctor says through the intercom." Oh, no, no, I don't need anything." Stiles says. "Hey, we're just on the other side of that window. Okay?" Scott tells him. "Okay. You know what they're looking for, right? It's called frontotemporal dementia. Areas of your brain start to shrink. It's what my mother had. It's the only form of dementia that can hit teenagers. And there's no cure." Stiles tells them. "Stiles, if you have it, we'll do something. I'll do something." Scott tells him before hugging him.

Scott turns to Cal "I'll give you two a moment." he tells the young teen. Cal nods and watches Scott leave the room. Cal turns to look at his brother "Come here." Stiles tells him. Cal let's his tears fall as he runs into his brothers arms. Cal and Stiles hold onto eachother as if their lives depended on it. "Listen to me. If it is... Just look after dad." Stiles says. "Don't say that Sti. Everything is going to be okay." Cal gives a watery smile. Stiles chuckles and pulls his brother in again. "I love you baby bro." he tells Cal. "I love you too big bro." Cal responds before leaving the room. Cal goes and sits with Jackson and Ethan in the corridor. "Hey look at me." Ethan tells him kneeling in front of him. Cal looks up to look at Ethan. "We'll get through this okay?" Ethan says. Cal nods and let's Ethan and Jackson engulf him in a hug.

After a while the lights start flickering before the power goes completely out. "What the hell?" Cal says standing up. Noah walks out the room "Did you see where Stiles went?" he asks the boys. "No, how the hell did he get passed us? We'll check out front." Cal tells his dad before running out to the front of the hospital, being followed by his mates.