Chapter 37

Cal runs towards the Lacrosse feild where he spots Lori and Brett in the center

Cal runs towards the Lacrosse feild where he spots Lori and Brett in the center. He growls and runs in front of Brett grabbing the arrow. Turning he looks at Brett "Run!" he tells him. Brett nods and grabs his sisters hand pulling towards the car park. Cal follows close behind and unlocks his car "Get in." he tells them before he starts driving to the animal clinic shaking the assassins off their tail.

"Are you two alright?" he asks when he knows they aren't being followed. "Yeah, we're okay." Brett nods catching his breath. Cal looks in his rear mirror at Lori "There should be a jumper on the floor back there, you can put it on." he tells the young girl. Lori nods and smiles as she pulls the jumper over her head. Brett smiles at his sister before looking at Cal "Thank you." he tells him. "You don't need to thank me Brett. Let's just get you and Lori back to Satomi." Cal responds.

Cal leads Brett and Lori into the animal clinic where Kira, Isaac, Ethan and Jackson have bought the rest of Satomi's pack. Jackson and Ethan immediately rush over and check Cal for any injuries. "Are you okay?" they ask him. Cal chuckles at them "I'm okay, promise." he responds pecking them both on the lips. They hear Scott walk in and start talking to Kira. "Is your mom..." he asks. "She's okay. Healing." Kira responds. "What about you?" Scott asks. "Me?" Kira asks confused. "Are you okay?" Scott elaborates. "Right now? Very." Kira responds. "Did Cal find him? Did he find Brett?" Scott asks. "Actually, I think we found all of them. Satomi, this is who I was telling you about." Kira says as they walk in. "I know who Scott McCall is." Satomi tells her. "Are we safe here?" Lori asks. "We're gonna need help. A lot of help." Scott tells them.

Cal suddenly turns to Scott "What about Argent's warehouse?" he asks. "What about it?" Scott asks. "Why don't we go there? I can I message him and get him to meet us there." Cal explains. Scott nods "I'll also get Braeden and Derek to meet us aswell." he adds. Cal nods and turns to Brett and Lori "You two want to come in my car?" he asks. Brett nods and takes Lori's hand. Jackson and Ethan look at Cal "Be careful." Ethan tells him. "I'm always careful." Cal grins. "Sure you are." Jackson shakes his head as Cal winks ad walks out to his car.

Cal sits on a table putting small plaits into Lori's hair for her. "Cal?" she asks. "Yeah Lori?" he responds. "Are we going to be safe here?" Lori asks. Cal sighs "I can't promise you anything Lori. All I can say is we won't go down without a fight." he tells her. Lori nods and goes quiet as Cal finishes her hair. "There you go." Cal tells her making Lori stand up. "Thanks Cal." she grins giving him a hug as Brett walks over. "Argent's here. Nice hair Lori." he tells them. Cal nods and goes over to Scott and Derek.

"They'll be okay." Scott says. "They've got claws and fangs. But they're not fighters." Derek responds making Cal nod. "That's why I called you." Scott replies. "Well, try to remember I don't have claws and fangs anymore either." Derek reminds him. "That's why he called me." Braeden smirks. "Am I the only one still hoping this is all just a false alarm? I mean, it's possible we could wait here all night and nothing happens. Right?" Kira asks. Cal rolls his eye subtly at her.

"Scott, you heard anything from Stiles or Lydia yet?" Cal asks. "Lydia's still talking to Meredith. Aiden is at the station with her while Stiles, Cora and Malia are headed to the lake house. They're trying to stop it." Scott tells them. "What if there is no stopping it? What if it doesn't end until we're all dead?" Brett asks. "Then let's send a message. Let's make something perfectly clear to anyone with a copy of that list. It doesn't matter if they're professional assassins, hunters, or an amateur who just picked up a gun. Anyone who thinks they can hunt and kill us for money, is gonna be put on another list. Our list. They get to be a name on our dead pool." Derek tells everyone. Cal smiles "That's why Scott called you." he tells Derek.

As night falls the alarm starts beeping making Cal look up "They're coming." Argent tells everyone. Cal goes over to where Ethan, Jackson and Isaac are. "Isaac once this is over you need to tell Louise how you feel." Cal tells him. "What?" Isaac asks. "It's so obvious that you like her, trust me she likes you too." Cal responds. "But what about Zac? I don't want to replace him, especially when the triplets are born." he asks. "You won't replace him you'll be someone new." Cal smiles. Isaac nods "Fine." he concedes making the three mates smile at him. "Get back!" Braeden shouts as the assassins arrive in the warehouse.

Everyone fights the assassins when Cal hears Lori "Brett? Brett, where are you?" she calls. Cal runs over as an assassin points a gun at her. Roaring he shoves the assassin to the floor and runs over to Lori. "Are you okay?" he asks her. Lori nods and wraps her arms round his arm. "Stay behind me okay?" he asks. Lori nods again and stays behind Cal as he leads her to Brett. As he does the assassin's phones start chiming. The Assassins look at them and start leaving the warehouse.

"Is it over? Really over?" Kira asks making Scott nod. Cal takes Lori over to Brett where she immediately runs and hugs him. Brett looks at Cal and mouths 'Thank You' making Cal nod in response. He then turns and goes to Jackson and Ethan. Cal kisses them both with a grin on his face. "Let's go home." he tells them. They both nod in agreement as Cal turns to Isaac "Come on you." he tells him. Isaac smiles and follows them out to the cars.

The four terms arrive home and walk inside. Louise jumps up and rushes over "What's happened?" she asks. "It's over, we stopped the deadpool." Cal tells her. Smiling Louise hugs each of them "Go get washed and changed. We'll watch a movie in celebration." she tells them. Cal chuckles and looks at Isaac before motioning to Louise. "Come on you two." he tells his mates before leading them upstairs to their room. Smiling Cal takes his shirt off before getting some clothes to change into. "I'm going for a shower." he tells Jackson and Ethan while walking into the bathroom.

They walk downstairs and find Louise cuddled into Isaac's side

They walk downstairs and find Louise cuddled into Isaac's side. "Finally!" Cal cheers sitting next to them. "You going to tell me what you were doing earlier?" Louise asks. "I got Detek to give me a tattoo." Cal explains. "Let me see!" Louise squeals. Chuckling Cal takes off his jumper so she can see the tattoo on his chest. "I'm confused." Isaac says looking at it. "It's Zac's name. It's the letters overlapping each other." Cal explains. "Now I see it." Isaac nods.