Chapter 57

The next day Cal sits with Pyrrhus as they watch the original Pokémon show "Lydia will be here in a couple minutes

The next day Cal sits with Pyrrhus as they watch the original Pokémon show "Lydia will be here in a couple minutes." Ethan says sitting down with them as Jackson walks in with Pyrrhus' sippy cup. "I get to meet Auntie Lydia?!" the toddler asks excitedly. "Yeah buddy." Jackson smiles as their son sits on his lap drinking from his skippy cup. Just the front door opens "Guys?" Aiden calls. "Living room!" Ethan tells his brother. Aiden walks in with Lydia holding his hand "Unca Aiden!" Pyrrhus exclaims running over to his uncle. Aiden chuckles and spins his nephew "Someone Miss me?" he asks. "Uh huh." Pyrrhus smiles hugging his uncle. Lydia smiles "Who's this?" she asks Cal. "This is Pyrrhus. He's our son." Cal responds as Pyrrhus hangs upside down from Aiden's shoulders. "Buddy, come here." Jackson tells him. Pyrrhus clambers down and runs over to Jackson "This is your Auntie Lydia." Ethan tells him. "The one you saved from the meanies." Pyrrhus grins. "Hi Pyrrhus." Lydia smiles. Pyrrhus reaches over and climbs into Lydia's arms "I wike your hair. It pwetty." he tells her. "Aww thank you sweetie." Lydia smiles. "Will you watch Pikachu with me?" he asks her. "Come on then." Lydia smiles sitting down and placing him on her lap. "My Nephew just stole my girlfriend." Aiden pouts making the other three boys laugh at him.

The next day the pack gathers in the school library, Pyrrhus sitting on the floor reading a book as they start talking about what happened with the Beast and the Hellhound the other night; along with what Mason discovered about frequencies "Mason ...

The next day the pack gathers in the school library, Pyrrhus sitting on the floor reading a book as they start talking about what happened with the Beast and the Hellhound the other night; along with what Mason discovered about frequencies "Mason said it's not just to transmit frequency. It's high-powered-- like, it has to be a really strong signal." Liam explains. "And that's causing it to shift?" Lydia asks. Scott shakes his head "No, I don't think it's just that. Last night, Argent said that it's getting smarter. What if the Dread Doctors are trying to make the Beast grow faster?" Scott asks. "With frequencies?" Stiles asks. Cal catches onto what Scott is says "No, by shifting. The frequency is just the trigger. The important part is when it shifts into the werewolf." he realises. "Like Peter." Lydia adds, also catching onto what they're saying. "Right! Yeah, when Peter was an Alpha, he got stronger every full moon. Eventually, the burns healed, and he was back to normal." Scott explains. "So, the Dread Doctors don't want to wait for the full moon." Ethan nods. "They want want the Beast to be as strong as possible, as fast as possible." Jackson adds as Pyrrhus climbs onto his lap. "Because of Parrish." Aiden adds. "So, if this is happening tonight, what are we going to do?" Cora asks. Stiles reaches into his backpack and pulls out a crime scene photo, sliding it across the table so the others can see it "Uh, we've got one clue to go on. This came from the hospital-- whoever's lurking inside the Beast is wearing a size ten of indeterminate make." he tells them. Lydia rolls her eyes and looks at Stiles skeptically "Indeterminate?" she asks. Stiles gives her a look "It means it's a partial print. Basically, it was all we were able to get considering all the fire, blood, and carnage..." he trails off as Cal, Ethan and Jackson frown at him and motion to their son.