Chapter 50

Cal walks with Cora, Stiles and Lydia in the woods trying to find the Nematon "It's almost like this thing doesn't want to be found

Cal walks with Cora, Stiles and Lydia in the woods trying to find the Nematon "It's almost like this thing doesn't want to be found..." Stiles says. "Maybe it knows we're late for class... Because we've been here twice." Lydia responds pointing to a tree that they have already marked twice. Cal groans and links arms with Lydia "Crap." Stiles comments."Can we talk to Parrish now?" Cal asks. "Hang on, if the Nemeton's covered in bodies, shouldn't you be able to find them?" Stiles asks Lydia. "Me?" Lydia asks. "Yes, you. That's what you do! You're the Banshee. You find the bodies." Stiles says making Cal and Cora roll their eyes at him. "Well, the Banshee's having an off-day, so how about we talk to Parrish?" Lydia asks. "We can't." Stiles tells them. "Why not?" Cora asks. "Because one of the bodies... One of them could be..." Stiles stutters looking at Cal who looks at his feet. Cora looks between the brothers sensing that they're hiding something "Could be what?" she asks. "One of them could be a clue..." Stiles trails off. "I'm leaving now, Stiles. I'm going to talk to Parrish and tell him he's the one taking the bodies. It's always better when they know." Lydia says walking off with Cal. "Well, then, he should know... he owes me a Jeep!" Stiles exclaims as Cora holds his hand.

Once at school, Stiles drags Cal with him to the library to meet up with Theo "You guys are sure that's where Parrish is taking the bodies?" Theo asks. "Lydia says that's what happens in his dream." Cal explains. "I mean, you know, if Lydia finds the Nemeton, she's also going to find Donovan... Sorry." Theo says. "She's also going to find Josh." Stiles responds. "You know what? Maybe she should. I think things are different now for Scott, especially after what he did to Corey. I don't think he's going to blame us for defending ourselves. I know he won't blame you." Theo tells them. Cal shrugs and starts fiddling with his jacket zip "We need to get to biology. See you later Sti." he says before leading Theo out. "You should tell Scott. He won't blame you for defending yourself and you brother." Theo says ass they walk. "He will, he's only know me for a couple years. Guaranteed he will say that I've probably done it before." Cal responds. "Then he doesn't deserve to have someone so loyal in his pack." Theo tells him as they reach the biology room.

Cal sits in class next to Theo and in front of Scott "Hey... I need to talk to you about something." Theo tells Scott making Cal freeze slightly. "You okay?" Scott asks. "It's not really about me... But it's something I probably should have told you a long time ago." Theo explains. "What is it?" Scott asks him. "It's about Stiles... and Cal." Theo explains. Cal grabs the sides of his desk in panic "Wait... Do you hear that?" Scott asks them. Listening they hear sirens getting closer to the school "Is that the police?" Theo asks. "It's an ambulance." Cal responds before everyone hears it and jumps out of their seats, rushing to see what's happening. They run out and see Corey covered in mercury, being loaded into the back of the ambulance. "He just started bleeding everywhere. I don't--" Mason starts. "Don't let them do it! Don't let them kill me!" Corey exclaims. "Scott, we have to follow them. We gotta protect him, right? Scott, come on. Scott? Scott, this is what you do." Theo tells the Alpha. Cal doesn't follow, instead going to find Jackson and Ethan.

Cal finds his mates by his locker "Theo is going to tell Scott! About Donovan, about what happened!" he exclaims starting to panic. "Woah, calm down baby. What were his precise words?" Ethan asks. "Uh 'It's not really about me... But it's something I probably should have told you a long time ago.' Then he said it was about me and Stiles." Cal explains. "Alright, uh, let's go home and come up with a plan." Jackson suggests. Cal nods and lets them lead him out to the car "He's going to hate me." Cal says as he sits in the back of the car. "He's not going to hate you." Ethan responds. "He is. I should have just let Donovan kill me." Cal says quietly. Jackson slams on the breaks before he and Ethan turn to see their youngest mate crying "Don't you dare say that. If you died we... we wouldn't have been able to live with ourselves. We would have died too." Jackson tells him. "You would have moved on." Cal says in a monotone voice. "No we wouldn't have. You are our mate. You mean everything to us." Ethan tells him. Cal shrugs and looks out the window, his mates looking at each other worriedly.

That evening Cal lies on his bed we he gets a phone call "Hello?" he asks. "Cal, it's Theo. Get to Sinema, Hayden and Liam are there and the Dread Doctors are going after Hayden next." Theo tells him. "Okay, Jackson, Ethan and I are on our way." Cal says before hanging up. Running downstairs, Cal explains what's happening to his mates "Come on, we'll take my car." Jackson says. They soon arrive at Sinema and run inside the club "Run, Hayden! Run!" Liam shouts. Cal punches one of the Dread Doctors "Get Hayden out of here. Go!" Theo tells Liam. Cal continues to fight the Dread Doctors til he hears Liam shouting "Hayden? Hayden! Hayden!" he runs over and spots Scott. "Where's Hayden?" Scott asks Theo. They find her with Liam holding onto her "I'm okay. Really, I think I'm okay." she says. "I saw the needle go in, and her eyes just filled up with mercury. They turned completely silver." Liam explains. "She looks okay. Maybe she'll heal." Theo suggests. "Or maybe she won't..." Scott trails off, spotting Cal for the first time. "What if something's happening to her on the inside?" Liam asks. "Get them to the animal clinic. I'll meet you there." Scott tells Theo.

Cal, Ethan and Jackson walk into the front of the Animal Clinic as Scott enters through the back "She's getting worse. I think she's dying. It's got to be some kind of mercury poisoning." Theo explains. 0Scott, remember what you promised me, you said you'd do everything you could to save her. If she's a real Werewolf, we can save her. You gotta give her the bite." Liam says. "No." Scott tells him.