Chapter 61

Cal watches as Nathan tackles different team mates to the floor before scoring a goal, Coach smiles at him "Yes! Now that's what I'm talking about! That's how its done

Cal watches as Nathan tackles different team mates to the floor before scoring a goal, Coach smiles at him "Yes! Now that's what I'm talking about! That's how its done. That is captain material!" he tells Nathan. Looking over Cal sees Liam run over late making Coach, Jackson and Scott both look at him "You're late." the three of them tell him simultaneously. "Which makes you not captain material." Coach continues. "Liam is captain material! He's--" Scott stars only to be cut off when Coach blows his whistle In his face. "Let's go! Gather around!" Coach tells everyone. Cal runs over and stands between Ethan and Jackson "Listen up-- thanks to Jackson and McCall's selfish desire to focus on their "grades" and their "graduation," we are leaderless. You want to be a champion? You want to be a hero? Now's your shot. All right, all you wannabe captains, I wanna see you guys tear each other apart!" Coach exclaims. Cal watches as the other players start practicing before walking over to coach "Hey Coach, I'm not going off the college next year as I'm doing my program online. I was wondering if there was a chance I could do my apprenticeship Sid with you as I'm doing medical and physical science?" he asks. "Yes, finally someone who is a good player and isn't abandoning the team! You can stay Cal, you are one of the best players and you can help me coach the team to victory!" Coach exclaims. Just then Liam is tackled to the floor making Coach go over "Definitely not captain material there, Dumb-bar." h feels him. "Dunbar." responds angrily. "Yeah, that's what I said." Coach tells him. "You said Dumb-bar." Liam retorts. "And your mouth just bought you equipment duty." Coach says. Liam clenches his jaw as Scott rolls his eyes and shakes his head.

After practise Cal sits on the bleachers going through his phone when he comes across a picture of him and Pyrrhus with a massive gap next to them

After practise Cal sits on the bleachers going through his phone when he comes across a picture of him and Pyrrhus with a massive gap next to them. Frowning he looks at it as if he knows something is missing from the picture "What's wrong?" Ethan asks as he and Jackson join him. "There's something missing from this picture but I can't tell what it is." Cal explains. "What do you mean?" Jackson asks in confusion. "Look. There is a massive gap in the picture as if something or someone should be there. I know that there is something missing but... I don't know what." Cal tells them. Jackson and Ethan look at the photo "This is the day the pack took Pyrrhus to the zoo, I've got pictures of it on my phone. Maybe the thing that is missing is in mine." Ethan suggests pulling out his phone before going to to his photos. They look through them when Cal makes him stop on a picture of him an dScott with a gap between them "There, why do Scott and I have a massive gap between the two of us? Someone is missing from all these picture. Whoever it is... they're important to me. I feel like something is missing from my life, I think this person is who it is." Cal says. Jackson nods "You're right. I keep feeling like there is someone who is close to all of us that is missing and it's effecting us in different ways." he explains. "It feels... almost like this person is my brother. I just don't understand how it's possible." Cal sighs.

That evening Cal gets a message from Scott making everyone, except Louise who is looking after the kids, to meet at the preserve "Hey. I went to bed at home, and I woke up out in the woods, about a mile out. I think there's a reason why this has happened..." Scott starts to explain as he leads the out into the wood "I've been out here before. It was the beginning of sophomore year, the night before tryouts for first line. I remember because it was all that I could think about." he continues as they walks. "What were you doing?" Malia asks. "I was looking for a dead body." Scott responds. "...That's morbid." Lydia tells him. "So, then, what was I doing out here all alone?" Scott asks. "I wish I could help you, but I didn't know you then." Cal tells him. "We didn't talk so..." Jackson trails off. "I was still a coyote, so I might have tried to eat it..." Malia shrugs. "Deaton said that my subconscious is trying to tell me something... But I need you guys to help me figure out what it's saying." Scott tells them. "Maybe you were just a curious teenager? You heard there was a body..." Lydia suggests. "But how? I never watched the news, and I didn't have a police scanner." Scott explains. "Your mom works at the hospital. Maybe she got called in and you overheard her?" Malia asks.

Scott shakes his head and stops walking turning to face them "My mom wasn't home that night. I live five miles away from here. How did I get here?" he asks. "You drove?" Cora asks. "I didn't have a car." Scott shakes his head. "You ran?" Malia suggests. "I couldn't have. I had asthma. I was hiding, but they knew I was here." Scott continues. "Maybe you made a ton of noise with your asthmatic breathing?" Aiden suggests. "How would they know that it was me?Why would the Sheriff even think I would be out here?" Scott asks. "Because, like most deaths in this town, it was related to the supernatural." Lydia says. "But I wasn't supernatural. I mean, this was the night that I was bitten. I wasn't a Werewolf yet... And I wasn't out here alone. I know it sounds crazy, but... I think I had a best friend. And I think he was out here with me that night." Scott explains hesitantly. "It doesn't sound crazy. I know I had someone lose to me. A brother but he's gone... but I don't know how." Cal tells them. "I know that someone chained me up, and I think they wanted me to stay human." Malia adds. "I came to school this morning, and I was sure I was supposed to meet someone... But I couldn't remember who it was supposed to be. I have been looking for them all day. Whoever it is... I think I loved him." Cora tells them. "What if we're all missing the same person?" Isaac suggests. Scott pulls out the picture of them all that Sydney took for the year book "I think that he was in this picture." he says. Lydia's eyes widen as her banshee abilities kick in "He was sitting right there." she tells them, pointing to the gap between her and Cora.

On the way the the Animal Clinic Cal stops by the Sheriff's Station and walks into his dad's office to find him and Claudia kissing, Claudia on his dads lap "Agh, my eyes!" he exclaims. Claudia chuckles and stands up "What you doing here?" she asks giving him a hug. "I cam to see if you are still okay to look after Pyrrhus tomorrow." Cal responds kissing his mum's cheek. "Of course I am. I promised him that we can make cookies." Claudia smiles. Cal nods "I have to get going but I'll drop Pyrrhus off before school." he tells them. "See you tomorrow Son." Noah smiles. Cal smiles and walks out to the car and climbs in "Your mum still alright to look after Pyrrhus?" Ethan asks. "Yeah, come on we better catch up with the others." Cal responds.

Cal, Jackson and Ethan walk into the animal clinic to find Lydia looking at the piece of greenish blue glass while holding a pen "Now she just magically writes down all the answers?" Isaac asks. "It's not quite that simple." Deaton tells them. "It never is." Lydia sighs. "In automatic writing, the hand moves outside of any conscious awareness. Now, hopefully, the silence, the darkness, and the light will allow you to find a more comfortable trance-like state. Lydia, I want you to stare into the light, and let go of all thought..." Deaton tells her. Lydia does so and stares at the piece of glass before starting to write "I have to warn you... We may not be able to access these memories." Deaton warns quietly. "Why not?" Cal asks. "The legend has always been that the Wild Hunt takes people. But, if what you're telling me is right, the truth is much worse. They erase people from reality." Deaton explains. "How do we remember someone who has been completely erased from our minds?" Scott asks. Cora looks at Lydia who is frantically scribbling on the paper "Maybe he hasn't been..." she trails off. "Oh, is she...? Should we stop her?" Aiden asks. Deaton goes forward carefully "Lydia? Lydia? Slow down." he tells her gently. When she doesn't he turns off the light that was illuminating the glass "Is she okay?" Aiden asks when Lydia stops but stares off still. "Lydia?" Deaton asks gently placing his hand on her shoulder. Malia picks up the piece of paper and turns it to show the others "What does "mischief" mean?" she asks. "That's not what she wrote..." Scott tells her. Looking closely they see that the word mischief is drawn out of the word Stiles "What the hell is a Stiles?" Lydia asks.