Chapter 10

A couple days after the motel Cal is sat with Ethan outside his house

A couple days after the motel Cal is sat with Ethan outside his house. "You okay baby? You've seemed off since the motel." Ethan asks Cal worriedly. "Yeah it's just my arm is hurting and I feel a bit off." Cal explains. Ethan puts his hand on Cal's forehead "Baby your really hot." he tells him. "Thanks." Cal says with a smile. Ethan gives him a 'really' face making Cal laugh slightly. "Baby you dizzy?" Ethan asks.  "A bit." Cal responds. "Okay come on it taking to you the hospital." Ethan helps Cal stand, making the boy stumble a bit a lean on the older boy. "Cal?" Ethan asks as Cal passes out. Ethan picks him up and puts him in the car. Cal comes to slightly and looks at Ethan "I don't feel good." he murmurs. "I know baby. We're almost there." Ethan assures him, Cal nods as he starts breathing heavily. Ethan pulls into the car park and gets Cal out the car pulling him to the doors. The doors clang open as Ethan half carries Cal into the busy reception. "I need help!" he shouts. Melissa guides Cal to a seat with Ethan and Scott's help. "What did you do to him?" Scott asks Ethan angrily. "Nothing. He said he wasn't feeling well and his arm was hurting so I bought him here. On the way he fainted and started to struggle with his breathing." Ethan defends himself looking at Cal with a worried expression. Cal barely holds his head up as Melissa looks him over. "What is it? Is he dying?" Ethan asks. "Shut up." Scott says. "I said I didn't do anything--" Ethan starts. "The two of you, back off." Melissa says firmly her voice sending the boys retreating a step. Turning her attention back to Cal, she feels his forehead and pulse "Okay, that's not good. How much longer on Dr. Hilyard?" she asks. The Receptionist just raises her hands to motion that she has no idea. "Mom, what is that? What's happening to him?" Scott asks. "His arm where he got burnt has become infected. He's going into toxic shock. Can we get a gurney over here-- " Melissa calls. Cal crumbles to his knees on the floor and he opens his mouth wide to vomit, awhite fluid pours out of his mouth. Scott notices the white berries immediately, as does Ethan. "Mistletoe." Ethan says surprised. They wheel Cal into the emergency room and Melissa attaches an oxygen mask to his face. "Mom what do we do?" Scott asks. "Uhhh. Scott grab that cabinet, Ethan pass me that tray." Melissa says as she grabs a bag of fluids. By this time Cal is breathing slightly better and is more with it. Melissa puts a cannula in Cal's arm and injects the antibiotics and attaches the fluids. Slowly Cal calms down and looks at Melissa "Thank You." he says as Ethan kisses his forehead. Melissa smiles at the two boys as Scott glares at Ethan.

After an hour Stiles and their dad walk into his room. "What happened?" Noah asks his youngest son and Melissa. "He got a burn on his arm a few days ago. It got infected, he's fine now he just needs to take these for a few weeks." Melissa explains when Cal freezes a little and looks down. Noah nods and takes the antibiotics off Melissa "I'll go sign you out." he tells Cal. Stiles crosses his arms and looks at Cal "What'd Ethan do?" he asks. "Nothing. For the last time he hasn't ever done anything to me." Cal defends his boy friend. Stiles rolls his eyes and sits down "He's one of them. He's dangerous." he tells his brother. "Oh please. I've met Deucalion and he's told me that if he finds who killed Zac he'll tell me." Cal says before he gets up and gets dressed into the clothes Stiles had bought.