Chapter 28

*Time Skip to the end of the summer. Louise is now 4 months pregnant and they are all back in Beacon Hills*

Cal wakes up at three in the morning to the bell ringing. He goes downstairs with Sky following to find Stiles and Cora outside. "It's too early but come in. Also you're lucky I heard Lou watching TV in her room." he tells them letting them in. They head to the main room where Jackson, Ethan, Aiden, Lydia and Louise have all appeared. "Guys it's three in the morning." Lydia complains. "I know but it's important. Derek's been taken by the Calavera Family." Cora tells them. Aiden and Ethan look at each other making Cal realise that it isn't good. "I'm guessing that's bad." Cal says. "They're a Mexican hunting family. Think about Gerard Argent, they're that level." Cora explains. Cal nods and sits down, Louise climbing into his lap with Sky. "Okay tomorrow we gather the pack and go get him then." Cal suggests. "Okay but we need to be smart about how we do it." Lydia warns.

That morning (a more reasonable time now) everyone gathers at the house

That morning (a more reasonable time now) everyone gathers at the house. "Louise you're staying here with Isaac, Jackson and the twins." Cal says. "Hang on. You aren't going without us." Ethan tells him motioning to himself and Jackson. "Babe. I'll be fine, if it makes you feel better I'll stick with Scott the whole time." Cal tells them. Jackson and Ethan look at each other before turning to Scott. "I'll stick with him. Stiles and I have already tried talking him out of coming." Scott tells them both. Reluctantly they nod and kiss Cal gently. "Just stay safe." they tell him. Cal nods and goes over to Louise and Sky. Louise hugs him "Be careful, I don't want to tell these three that they're Uncle Cal is even more stupid then we already knew." she tells him. Cal chuckles and nods bending down to talk to her belly. "Be good for Mummy." he tells the triplets. Louise chuckles as he strokes Sky "I'll be back soon pup." he tells her. Sky whines slightly and licks his hand in response.

Cal, Cora and Scott walk along the corridors taking out the hunters one by one. Scott pick up the walkie talkie "Stiles. Take 10 off the table." he says into it. Cal smiles at Cora as Malia and Kira join them. All of a sudden there's a blowing noise and gas starts coming from the ceiling. Cal starts coughing as  Scott turns to Kira "Wolfsbane. It's wolfsbane! Kira... Kira, get out of here!" he tells her. Cal falls to the floor next to Cora  still coughing until he passes out.

Cal wakes up to Cora tapping his face lightly. "There we go. Stiles he's awake." she smiles moving. Cal groans at the lights before trying to sit up. Stiles rushes over "Take it easy Cal." he tells him as he helps him up. "I'm good." he tells his brother before looking round the room. "Where's Lydia, Kira and Scott?" he asks. "They took them for some reason and left us in here." his brother explains. "Also Derek isn't here. Kate Argent has him. Although she is supposed to be dead." Cora explains. As she finishes talking the door opens to reveal their friends along with a older female and a man. "Come on guys." Scott says leading them outside.

Cal stands leaning against Roscoe with Cora as Scott talks with the hunters. "I'm sitting with you in your car this time. I'm not dealing with the awkwardness which is my brother." Cal tells her. Cora laughs slightly but nods at the younger boy. "So what now?" Stiles asks as everyone gathers together. "She thinks she knows where we can find Derek." Scott explains. "She gonna tell us where?" Malia asks. "Uh, actually, she's giving us a guide." Scott explains as a motorbike pulls up in front of them. A lady gets off the bike "You know her?" Cal asks. "Braeden." tells him. "Who's Braeden?" Malia asks. "She's a mercenary." Lydia explains. "Right now, I'm the only one who's gonna take you to la iglesia." Braeden tells them. "The Church?" Cal translates. "What's The Church?" Stiles asks. "It's not a place you'll find God." Braeden explains.

Cal and Cora sit in her car as she follows behind Stiles' Jeep. "Cora?" Cal asks. "Yeah?" she responds. "Who's Kate?" he asks. "She's the one who killed my family. Peter slashed her throat but apparently not enough to kill her, only turn her." Cora explains. Cal nods and watches as the jeep suddenly comes to a grounding halt. Cora stops and they both jum out and walk over. "What happened?" Braeden asks. "I don't know. It felt like we hit something." Stiles explains. Cal feels something looking at them and turns round looking for the source of the feeling. "Scott, we need to get there by night. It's too dangerous otherwise." Braeden explains.

"Go." Stiles tells him. "Not without you." Scott disagrees. Cal bites his lip. "We'll stay and help." he tells Scott. Cora turns to Scott "Someone needs to find Derek. It's better if you go as you're an Alpha." she tells him. "We'll figure something out. We always do. Just go." Stiles adds. "Okay." Scott sighs. Kira goes over to talk to Scott as Cal tunes them out still feeling like something is wrong. After a few minutes Scott leaves with Braeden as Malia pulls something out the Jeep. "Stiles. I don't think we hit something. I think something hit us." she tells them as she shows them a claw like dagger. Cal groans and helps Stiles lift the hood.

As it starts getting darker Lydia looks at Stiles "Maybe we should just walk." she suggests. "Hey, I will never abandon this jeep. You understand me? Ever. Ever. Ever." Stiles tells her. "Work faster, Stiles. There's something out here with us." Cal tells his brother. Stiles nods and carries on working as night falls. "Lydia, could you please hold the light still for a second? It's really hard to see anything if you keep shaking it like that." Stiles tells her. "I'm shaking it like this because we're in the middle of nowhere with your broken down jeep and we're being attacked by yet another razor-clawed monster. And I'm terrified." Lydia explains. "Well, just be slightly less terrified. And hold this." Stiles tells her handing her part of the engine. "What's this?" she asks. "I don't know. I'm hoping it's not important." Stiles explains.

Kira goes over to Cal, Cora and Malia, who are scanning the area. "Anything?" she asks. "It's too hard to see. We should've brought another flashlight." Malia tells her. Kira puts her katana in the light of the jeep and reflects the light like a torch. It suddenly hits something big. "Did you see that?" Kira asks. Malia roars and runs over to it with Cal following. "Cal, Malia, wait!" Kira shouts after them. "Hey, Cal, Malia!" Stiles calls. "Cora, Kira, go! You. Fix the jeep. Stiles, focus!" Lydia orders.

Cal and Malia start fighting something big, fast and strong. Malia gets cut in the leg while the thing slices Cal's stomach. "Cal!" Malia exclaims helping him get away from it and towards Kira and Cora. Kira goes to attack "It's us! Uh, it's us, it's us." Malia pants. "What happened? What's out there?" Kira asks. "I don't know, but it is big and fast. And it cuts deep." Malia explains. Cora puts Cal's arm round her shoulders and helps him back to the cars. Stiles rushes over to Cal "What happened?" he asks worried. "I'm fine Sti, I can already feel it healing." Cal assures his brother. Stiles nods and helps him into Cora's car.

"You didn't see anything?" Cora asks as they follow the jeep to The Church. "Barely. It had a strong scent, though." Cal explains. "Like what?" she asks. "Like death." Cal tells her looking out the window as they reach The Church. "Is that him? Is that Derek?" Malia asks as Scott and Braeden help someone out The Church. "Uh, sort of." Stiles explains as they realise that Derek has been aged backwards into a teenager.